what are your crazy little quirks

Options

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    When people walk past me, like right by me, I hold my breath because I don't want to breathe their air into me. It completely grosses me out. Unless, she's hot, and then I don't mind. Lol.
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My AC and radio volume have to always be on even numbers. I have massive anxiety attacks if they aren't. I've tried to break myself of this but the panic is overwhelming.

Except, the number can never be 66 because it's too close to 666 and I'm scared something evil will happen. :devil:
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I have always smelled my cups before using them. If it smells like it's been in the cabinet for awhile I wash it out before using it. I guess when I take a drink I inhale at the same time so I can't stand if the glass has an odor to it. :)

Thank gawd I'm not the only one that does this.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I also do the one food at a time thing.
    I will turn my plate clockwise to get to the next food. Even if the next item is on the left of the food I just ate, I will make the plate do an entire 340 degree rotation instead of just the 20 degrees counter clockwise.
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I COUNT THE STAIRS TOO LOL
    I HOLD MY BREATH WHEN I TAKE A PICTURE
    I SMELL EVERYTHING. I AM OBSESSED WITH SMELLS. I CAN'T SLEEP IF A ROOM IS SLIGHLTY STINKY, I'LL LOSE IT.
    I KISS MY HAND AND TOUCH THE ROOF OF MY CAR WHEN I GO THROUGH A YELLOW LIGHT
    I AVOID LEFT TURNS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. BOTH SIBLINGS HAVE BEEN IN DEADLY/PARALIZING ACCIDENTS FROM LEFT HAND TURNS.
    ANYTIME I GO TO A FRIENDS HOUSE I GO DIRECTLY TO THE KITCHEN/PANTRY AND CHECK TO SEE WHAT THEY HAVE. MY SISTER DOES IT TOO AND SHE'S A SIZE 4 SO I KNOW IT'S NOT JUST A BIG GIRL THING. WE ARE LIKE LITTLE SQUIRRELS I SWEAR LOL.
    I HAVE AN ORAL FIXATION. (DIAGNOSED AT 9) I HAVE TO BE TALKING, CHEWING, EATING, DRINKING, BITING LIP, APPLYING GLOSS, ETC. I USED TO SMOKE (QUIT 3 YRS AGO) BUT NOW I JUST DRINK A LOT OF WATER AND USE MINTS AND GUM SO PEOPLE DON'T NOTICE. THE ONLY TIME MY MOUTH ISN'T MOVING IS WHEN I SLEEP. NOT KIDDING.
  • Uuugggghhhhhhh
    Options
    .. I fingerspell without realizing it. all the time..

I always knew some sign language and had a deaf girl on my swim team. After spelling for her so often, I'd ALWAYS sign the letters of everything I said. Having my hand down by my side, never realizing it until my family's incessant taunting caused me to stop, haha!
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I HAVE to dry off the faucet every time I use the sink. Any sink, kitchen, laundry room, bathroom, your sink. Any sink. Expect public restrooms - they smell too bad and I just want to get out.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    When I turn the lights off downstairs at night i have to run upstairs away from the dark - and yes I'm a grown woman.
    :laugh: me too..im so scared of the dark..i always cover my head, because i think if i cant see whats in it, it cant see me either:blushing:

I'm glad I'm not the only one - the kids think I'm silly but I've got to the age that I openly admit that i'm scared of the dark.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I can identify the make, model, and usually even the year of a school bus by the sounds it makes before I can see it. Some I can identify by exhaust smell too.

JM
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    *Don't like someone standing closely directly in front of me or closely right behind me. Makes me uncomfortable.
    *If you lie to me I remember. Value honesty and trust.
    *Don't like germs at all :noway:
  • poodlelaise
    poodlelaise Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I twirl my hair. (And I am an over 50 professional!)
  • Rockerchick77
    Options
    I have to touch a window when I go over a train tracks... I did it when I was younger for "good luck" and now I can't stop!

HAHAHA I just KNEW you would post this!!!
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    i sniff my deoderant and perfume before i put it on every damn time. i know what it smells like, i wear it every day, but for some reason i have to know that it smells good enough to put on my body, again. lol.
  • scotslass
    scotslass Posts: 317
    Options
    I smell every bit of clothing. whether I am about to wash them, take them out of a tumble dryer, taking them out of drawers, or putting them in, every individual one I will smell lol
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I call them Sam and Dana...
  • Rockerchick77
    Options
    When shoes are on the floor they have to be next to each other, lined up perfectly. Almost nothing in my house is arranged perfectly but shoes.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I get very frustrated when things aren't organized or put away correctly, ie. pots & pans, Tupperware, silverware. Also, when I eat things, I like to pick them apart. For instance, when eating a Snickers, I eat all the chocolate off the sides, then off the top, then I eat the caramel and nuts, then I eat the nougat. People think I'm nuts when they see me doing that. :smile:
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I eat everything on my plate one item at a time, in a clockwise rotation. I rarely mix foods together, but I'm OK with casseroles/one-pot type dishes. But, if they start out separate on my plate, they will most likely stay that way.
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    When people walk past me, like right by me, I hold my breath because I don't want to breathe their air into me. It completely grosses me out. Unless, she's hot, and then I don't mind. Lol.

MY BROTHER!
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I twirl my hair. (And I am an over 50 professional!)

Yes, I still do this. I have curly hair and often twist my curls. I used to do it as a little girl and never gave the habit up!