Why are some of you so angry?

Options
I've seen some pretty inspiring stuff on MFP and some really amazing people who offer the knowledge they've accumulated to help out a newb or someone struggling to find a solution.

That being said I've seen some pretty hostile stuff from some of you too.

Why are you so angry - why do you feel the need to rip someones head off about something they wrote? Does it not make more sense to just skip the post all together?

You must be exhausted.

Replies

• amylynn96
    amylynn96 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    im gonna go ahead and maybe guess they either arent happy with themselves to begin with and are just "ugly" people and i dont mean physcially ugly i mean ugly personilities. ORRR they are just haters. That being said i enjoy the positivity and motvation and ignore the ugly :)
  • csalter61
    csalter61 Posts: 13
    Options
    I agree with you. This is a weight loss and fitness support site, so let's be supportive!
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I agree! A lot of these people who respond to a post is very judgmental.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind also that sometimes the person typing a response intends it to be read in a very matter-of-fact tone, however with a lack of actual tone and facial expression to go with the words, sometimes the intent can be misinterpreted. Yes sometimes people are just plain mean/rude, but sometimes they really are trying to share information but it comes across badly to some readers.
  • emmersbear
    emmersbear Posts: 2
    Options
    I've been wondering that too. I just try to ignore those people and focus on the positive. I think it's so easy on the internet to be meaner than you might be in real life because you don't have to see someone's reaction. :ohwell:
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I feel like so many things are said in social media that would never EVER be said in real life. It is easy to be rude when you don't have to look the person in the face and see their reaction. I also believe that sarcasm doesn't translate well when it is read--it is just mean.:angry:
  • wildboar1
    wildboar1 Posts: 88
    Options
    Caloric deficit makes me very irritable so whenever someone posts about "cleanses" or "organic water" I get a little perturbed.
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    Agreed! I am all for different opinions, but not straight up bashing! Maybe people are cranky because they are hungry?!?!? I know I am cranky when I am hungry, for sure =)
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    They're hungry.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I've seen some pretty inspiring stuff on MFP and some really amazing people

You must be exhausted.

Awww... Thanks! And yes I am totally exhausted.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I suppose maybe they are in permanent PMS mode? Or completely filled with Too much testosterone? Or perhaps they are trying to be the "Cool-Kid" that they so desperately wanted to be in school? I know - They're Attention *kitten* - that's it... they are looking for attention, be it positive or negative - WAIT - they're Toddlers acting out! That's it, they are all BABIES!! There. Figured it out.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I agree that there are a good bit who are a bit overly hostile. However...there is so much bad advice given on this site that I understand how easy it is to get frustrated reading it all and watching people accept it so easily.
  • next_bold_move
    next_bold_move Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    They're hungry.

This. :)
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    It's the internet. There are angry people everywhere ; )
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    They're hungry.

No, no....they are HANGRY!
  • Brittmy
    Brittmy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I HATE THIS THREAD!!! :explode: RAGGGEEEEEEEEEE
    :wink:
  • creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that some people will ask a question about a topic..but they only want to hear the answers they want to hear, I have given advice to people that went against what they wished was true and they showed nothing but resentment and anger for it, but someone surely will come along and tell them what they want to hear and they just thank them, I guess dismissive people bother me by far the most
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Some people feel strongly about the need to be right.

me, i just want to improve in some way each day.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I've seen some pretty inspiring stuff on MFP and some really amazing people who offer the knowledge they've accumulated to help out a newb or someone struggling to find a solution.

That being said I've seen some pretty hostile stuff from some of you too.

Why are you so angry - why do you feel the need to rip someones head off about something they wrote? Does it not make more sense to just skip the post all together?

You must be exhausted.

Give it time. You too will be an angry poster some day.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    So far I can't add anything other then what has been said. And agree with most of it. Wildboar1 since I have never tried any of those things I will take your word for it. :smile: I'm eating more now then I have in years so I dont have a calorie deficit. I do have low blood sugar and I have been told sometime to go eat something I am getting snippy so maybe that is true..... to a point. :laugh: