Treadmill

Options
13»

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Since you're using MFP, which is mainly a tracking tool for food and exercise... I would start there. Your current diet may not require you to count calories, but I really encourage you to do it for a couple of weeks and just look at overall trends. The amazing thing about logging your food is you realize how many high-calorie foods you put in your body... If you eat well for an entire day but then splurge on mozzarella sticks, that could take you 800 calories over your goal without you realizing it. This is a wonderful tool for keeping yourself honest, and enlightening yourself to the facts about WHY you're not losing weight (or why you are!)

When you have a significant amount of weight to lose.. Calories are the measurement you want to look at
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Since you're using MFP, which is mainly a tracking tool for food and exercise... I would start there. Your current diet may not require you to count calories, but I really encourage you to do it for a couple of weeks and just look at overall trends. The amazing thing about logging your food is you realize how many high-calorie foods you put in your body... If you eat well for an entire day but then splurge on mozzarella sticks, that could take you 800 calories over your goal without you realizing it. This is a wonderful tool for keeping yourself honest, and enlightening yourself to the facts about WHY you're not losing weight (or why you are!)

When you have a significant amount of weight to lose.. Calories are the measurement you want to look at
    Or she may not be eating enough...given that her "splurge" is the only real calories she's eaten today.
  • insane5150
    insane5150 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Like everyone says, calories in / calories out.... but you can also try switching up your workout and not only dedicate yourself to the treadmill. Often times the body can become custom the the "norm" if it is all it gets.

Definatley continue to track your food, it holds you accountable for what you take in as well as opens your eyes to reality, not just an "I think I ate about xxxx amount of calories"
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Or she may not be eating enough...given that her "splurge" is the only real calories she's eaten today.

But she hasn't even logged a full day of food. She may not have logged everything she's eaten, and at the time I posted that, it was not even noon. I wouldn't jump to conclusions on a sparse diary entry when she hasn't been in the habit of logging.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

But she hasn't even logged a full day of food. She may not have logged everything she's eaten, and at the time I posted that, it was not even noon. I wouldn't jump to conclusions on a sparse diary entry when she hasn't been in the habit of logging.
    indeed she hasn't. I also wouldn't jump to the conclusion that she's eating too much.