JUST FRIENDS!

Options

Replies

• PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    most of my life all my friends have been male. i'm a "one of the guys" type of girl, so it's never really been an issue, except maybe with jealous significant others.
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Its been said that no man can be friends with a woman they find attractive.....

so I am wondering about can a woman be friends with another woman if she finds her attractive?
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I think it is possible but rare
    I think the norm would be for the man or woman to have feelings/physical attraction and for one party to want more....
    but again, i think it is possible..
  • karenakaboze
    Options
    It's possible, but not so easy sometimes. Especially when there is a history between the two. lol
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    From past experience I always find that when a man and woman get too close one or the other ends up developing deeper feelings.

Not really. Most of my friends are guys, and we've managed to keep on the "friend" level for many many years. I'm happily married and they are good friends with my husband too. I'm friends with their wives/girlfriends as well. You set boundaries just like you do with other friendships and abide by them. My guy friends and I go out to action movies together with my husband or without sometimes and have a great time. Just like my girl friends and I go shopping together and have a good time.
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    unless the guy is gay- i honestly don't think it is possible. one of my best friends is a guy but he is gay, so it never gets weird. i would like to say it's possible but i really don't think it is.
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    One of best mates is a guy. We became mates when were both single (never any romance bewteen us) and have remained really close now that we both have partners.

Whilst my fella is friends with him, his girlfriend says things like "I can't believe you're leaving me to spend time with another woman" etc etc which is annoying - chill out love, all we're doing is insulting one another, watching sci-fi and talking about how great he thinks youuuuuu are!
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    You know what?? Yeah. Technically, yes. It is very possible a man & women can be friends without the benefits and whatnot.
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    yes they can be friends , but there MAY be some sort of sexual tension from time to time.. but we are all adults here
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    If there is no sexual tension, then yes, it is possible.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Yah it can happen

I have quite a few good friends that are female, and there is no awkardness or tension at all

Its neither here nor there that they are lesbian though lol
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I have had two male friends that I wanted to be just friends with. It didn't work out with either one as they both wanted more. However, as I have grown I do have many male friends and we have great relationships. ON THE OTHER HAND. One of the two male friends that wanted more, is NOW MY HUSBAND of almost 27 years!!!! Life is a great trip isn't it?
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    i have a few male friends, some of them straight, and we're just friends. always have been. always will be. hell, for one, i was just a groomsman in his wedding last year.

i think that the idea that men & women can't be friends is terribly heteronormative, sexist and out dated.
    Yup. Most of my friends are guys too. I'm just not a girls girl. Always has worked out fine for all of us.
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    As someone mentioned previously, everyone needs to get the movie "When Harry Met Sally". It will explain it all and is a fantastic movie. :flowerforyou:
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    When I was single I always had more guy friends than girl friends. I even managed not to sleep with one of two of them. Generally, I think men and women can be friends but there is usually a curiosity.
  • dbattles0182
    Options
    I agree with the last post about the curiosity thing.
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    It's funny that in this thread, almost every guy is saying its not possible, and almost every female is saying it is possible. This is because for females, it is possible for them to have a guy friend. However, every guy, in the back of his mind, wants to bang his "friend". Its just the reality of the situation. He may never act on it, and they may grow old as friends, and she may never know about it, but he wants to bang her.

Truer words have never been said my brother preach on
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    No waaaaay jose'
  • stephaniekneld
    Options
    I think that a person can be friends with another of the opposite sex. My husband and I have mutual friends, but one of them is a woman who is unmarried. She is a good friend to both of us, but her interests are pretty much the same as my husbands. They go fishing togetther, make beer together, and do outdoorsy stuff together that I am not too interested in. I am always welcome to go along, but many times I choose to not go along. I have no thoughts of anything other than friendship between them. I totally trust my husband, and it is the same for him.... he trusts me. I think there are some people who have trouble with the this type of arrangement, but they have inner work to do to discover why they would cheat on one they loved.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I have one female friend I've known my entire life, but she's more like a sister. Other than that I haven't really gotten it to work. One person always seems to develop feelings for the other, and then it's done.