Does anyone else NOT do a "cheat" day?

Options

Replies

• Rescuegal
    Rescuegal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a "cheat day" planned once a week, but find that I'm really don't go that far astray those days. I still record what I'm eating and actually find it helpful to learn more about calorie content in various foods. (Now I know I'll never again order a Quesadilla Burger from Applebees - that was nearly a full day's worth of my planned calorie intake!)
  • cgray
    cgray Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I don't have a cheat day but then I don't really like to eat. Does that make sense? I eat crap because if I ever HAVE TO eat, then it takes something to motivate me to stop and eat. I think if you enjoy eating, as an activity, you're a "foodie" you should have a cheat day. Be healthy, but be happy.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Never had one in a year.
  • run2jeepn
    run2jeepn Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I do and I enjoy them. :)
  • merith101
    merith101 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat days. I do have the occasional bad day, but generally if I want to eat something I really shouldn't, I skip something else or do extra exercise.
  • Tulipgirl1223
    Tulipgirl1223 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat meal LOL. 1 night a week after the kids go to sleep DH and I order a medium pizza and eat it (usually not all of it though, prob 1/2 to 3/4 of it we eat).
  • harleygaljojo
    harleygaljojo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I never have cheat days, it's too hard to get back on coarse if I stray. I make sure that I arrange my calories so that I can have
    what I want to eat. Never eat all my calories for the day and I'm always satisfied with the choices I make for the day.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    no cheat day for me, i don't crave for it anyway. i'm in the point that i can control myself with no problem. maybe during the beginning i might do it, but not in this point.
  • Wildheart_Baby
    Wildheart_Baby Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I do not have a cheat day. If I am craving something I work it into my calories and/or exercise my butt of that day. I am just curious, does anyone else not do a cheat day?

There is no such thing, after all, who are you cheating, if you want to have that less than healthy thing, have it, track it and if needs be, exercise until you've worked off the calories.
  • midbiker
    midbiker Posts: 2
    Options
    I don't have cheat days, and like you, if i excessively eat, I try to burn it off via workouts. The problem with cheat days is that they do make me go off track, make me feel like crap (quality of food is critical for all-day energy), and their effects sometimes reverses an entire week of hard work.
    In other words, they're not worth having.
  • foxbat2828
    foxbat2828 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days. I've tried to make things, this time around, where I don't deny myself things, and it's working quite well for me. If there's something that I want that doesn't fit into my starting allotment of calories for the day, around 1900 calories, then I go to the gym and work for the extra calories. By not denying myself, I find that, when I do get to have something like cake or ice cream or pizza, etc., I tend to be so much better on moderation than I used to be when I cut those things out of my life. So far the scale and my clothes agree with the plan and my cravings seem to fairly well placated too.
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I keep thinking that I am going to take one but end up feeling bad and exercising to cover it or I do go over 100 to 200 calories.
    If I do end up with one way over it will most likely NOT be a planned cheat day but life happening enterferences:ohwell:
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Sunday's are my cheat day Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It makes me feel sane!!!!!!! :tongue:
  • pushing40soon
    Options
    IF the cheat MEAL (not day) contains refined sugar then it WILL turn into a snowball effect. In school we studied/experimented with the addictive nature of sugar. Sugar binds to the same opioid receptors as cocaine and other addictive substances so no wonder we want more and more AND MORE! :smile:
  • grex1949
    grex1949 Posts: 130
    Options
    I don't have a cheat day. I don't need one. I don't feel the least bit deprived eating my 2000 kcal/day.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I plan on having a meal out every few weeks or so, including dessert, but pretty much within my calorie goal, and I exercise everyday just about anyway. In between, I will allow the occasional treat if I fancy it, but I have to be so careful as one chunk of refined sugar can lead to my craving more of it so I will have to have very good willpower and be quite strict after these occasions.
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I allow myself to eat out once a week, however I work out extra on that day and never treat it as a free for all, I still LOG every bite, even if it's over. I have to admit the harder I work out the less appealing that meal is when we eat out. I will sit there thinking "is this worth and hour on the elliptical" the answer is normally NO
  • Neecy_Pooh
    Neecy_Pooh Posts: 122
    Options
    Not in a few months. So no cheat day for me, ever.
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I dont do cheat days. If I want a treat I work out extra long and then I get my treat :smile:
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I don't - if there's something I want I just put it into my daily calories.