Does anyone else NOT do a "cheat" day?

Options
I do not have a cheat day. If I am craving something I work it into my calories and/or exercise my butt of that day. I am just curious, does anyone else not do a cheat day?

Replies

• jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I don't have a cheat day. For me, one cheat day turns into two cheat days and before I know it I have ruined a whole week with bad decisions. Once I cheat it's hard for me to get back on track.
  • USMCConditioning
    Options
    I know i shouldn't but i almost always have some sort of "cheat" food on a daily basis, but i always tend to burn enough calories to afford something that's not really apart of my diet.
  • chickiebabe2
    Options
    I make saturday night my cheat night where i eat takeaways or something and have some wine BUT i still exercise that day and add it in to my calories, so not really a cheat day! Im on a mission at the moment have 2 weeks left til an occasion i want to look good for, after this i will probably have cheat days and rest days :)
  • IamJacksColdSweat
    IamJacksColdSweat Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I don't have one ,not really. I eat what I want, just in moderation. Some days my calories are lower and some days I end up eating almost all my exercise calories back. When I used to diet before, I would go way crazy on cheat days- they would become binge days. So thats why I don't designate certain days to cheat.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I don't plan them, but I go over my calories more often than I should.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I don't do it. I do exactly what you described. I've tried cheat days in the past and they make me feel like garbage afterwards.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,639 Member
    Options
    I do not have a cheat day. If I am craving something I work it into my calories and/or exercise my butt of that day. I am just curious, does anyone else not do a cheat day?
    I eat whatever I want and comp the calories with exercise.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I can't. One cheat day for me will undo 2 weeks of hard work.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options

What you're doing is perfect. My cheat day is typically saturday or sunday. I also incorporate those calories into my day to not go over.
  • steinbok
    steinbok Posts: 82
    Options
    Nope. I only eat what is good for me, what sustains me... No overindulgence.
  • IndyMode
    IndyMode Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I do have a cheat day, Sunday, but I still TRY to stay within my calories on that day. I just allow myself to eat something unhealthy like ice cream, or chocolate, or pizza. It helps me not to feel crazy as if I'm never allowed to eat it again. And if I crave something bad during the week, I tell myself I can have some Sunday, and usually by then I'm not craving it as much. Plus, we go to church and after church we either have company over for lunch or we go out to eat, so I like knowing I can enjoy that day.
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm an everything in moderation person so if I want something (usually chocolate) I always have it around and only have a little bit of it. If I were to "cheat" one day I would feel awful that day and the following day.
  • specialtreat
    Options
    I don't have a cheat day either, I have just started though and want to see results.
    If I want something "naughty" I will work for it, or work it into my calories for the day.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I don't have a "cheat day". Not sure why I would since I am trying to live with a focus on good health and enjoyment. Food is part of both. I keep things in moderation and so far so good! Logging on MFP keeps me balanced, on track and accountable.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I don't. It's all about balance and sustainability for me. I eat ice-cream nearly every day.
  • mikewpg1ca
    mikewpg1ca Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I don't do one. If I want something or a particularly high cal meal, I have to work for it in the gym. That also allows me to eat said meal guilt free.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    No cheating. Last Saturday I went on a 1-day cruise. I tried to eat sensibly but the calories were horrible. I felt terrible both physically and mentally afterward.

I can't cheat. I only think about how much more exercise I'll have to do to make up for it. It's not worth it.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I don't. It's all about balance and sustainability for me. I eat ice-cream nearly every day.
    this.
    i don't cheat, but i actually eat food that i avoid before and still feel good
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    YES....and I ALWAYS regret it...never is it planned.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I don't have a cheat day either... If I'm craving pizza one day, I work out like mad that day so I can have 3-4 slices. I also pretty much eat whatever I feel like without denying myself any particular food as long as I stay under my calorie limit.