200lbs down / more then halfway to goal / Pictures

First off, full disclosure, I'm the enemy. I didn't do the majority of this through diet and exercise.

I had gastric right after that first picture was taken. (They made me lose 25 lbs before they would even do the roux-en-y procedure, so my heaviest was 592). It is damn old. I managed with the gastric bypass to get down to about 430 and then because the procedure was done open I caught myself the hernia.

Bad one also, it was repaired, it tore again. Still have it. Will get it fixed once I get down another 70 lbs.

I joined mfp @ 415 lbs. I had figured it was as good as I was going to get in my life. After almost 600 lbs 415 wasn't horrible. Sure I couldn't fit into booths, sure little kids would run screaming from me. But I wasn't housebound anymore and I had a pretty damn good life.

I didn't join for health reasons, or to live better, or any really good reason. I did it because I have an amazing thing coming up in my life that will require me to fly to the other side of the country, and I wanted to lose enough weight to do that.

As of today I've lost 48 lbs on MFP in about 80 days. I've been able to do it because mostly the tracking ability, but also because I have a lot of people who have my back on here.

I'm at the point now where I'm walking over 2.5 miles, I'm exercising. I worked damn hard for those 48 lbs, and I'm thinking that 'fitting my fat *kitten* on an airplane' isn't where I want to end up. I'm thinking of a goal weight of 200. I'm thinking that getting out of obese is possible and doable, and I didn't even think that after the surgery.

Hi.

I'm Howie
I'm Fat
I had stomach surgery.
I'm still 367 lbs.
How the hell are you doing?

progress4.5.jpg

Replies

• impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    You're not the enemy! You are AWESOME, and you're making excellent progress. Good for you! Be proud of your success, and don't sell yourself short. :)
  • EbonySD
    EbonySD Posts: 142
    you rock! excellent progress - your gonna need a bat to keep the girls off you :)
  • That is awesome!! You can do it Howie... congrats and keep going!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    You rock, man, and I'm happy to have you as a friend! Keep up the good work :drinker:
  • CynGoddess
    CynGoddess Posts: 188 Member
    You're not the enemy! You are AWESOME, and you're making excellent progress. Good for you! Be proud of your success, and don't sell yourself short. :)

Amen
  • denjoh17
    denjoh17 Posts: 18
    Good for you. Keep it up, every little bit counts. :)
  • gungho66
    gungho66 Posts: 284 Member
    WAY TO GO !

The biggest thing is patience and perserverance , keep counting calories and making goals while just taking it one day at a time. We can do this, we all can!
  • Thank you for the inspiration!
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    It doesn't matter how you lost weight. What's right for you may not be right for someone else, and vice versa. Keep it up; you're doing great.
  • debobrien1
    debobrien1 Posts: 95
    Wow!! You are awesome! Keep it up! I know you can do it! You have a great sense of humor too! :laugh:
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    You are awesome and I am proud of you.
  • Hi Howie,

Congratulations on your loss(bet there's not a Hallmark card for that)! No matter how the fat came off it did and that is the point. I am 24 pounds down from a high weight of 324. I am having surgery on my Achilles in two weeks. Can't exercise but will still do the tracking. Keep on keepin' on...
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Well done great progress, keep going - you can do it!! xx
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    You rock, man, and I'm happy to have you as a friend! Keep up the good work :drinker:

You're pretty damn amazing yourself.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    You make it sound like the surgery was a bad thing! If it helped you to get to where you could start doing these things by yourself, it's not the enemy! It's just another stepping stone in your journey of awesomeness. =)
  • kiekokay
    kiekokay Posts: 101 Member
    I agree! 200lbs is an amazing accomplishment, one that you made!! Own it and be proud of it, you deserve it!
  • AJHornik
    AJHornik Posts: 58 Member
    Wonderful Job! I like your attitude, I'd love to have your support :D
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member

You're pretty damn amazing yourself.

:blushing: Aw, thanks!
  • Nickiii_123
    Nickiii_123 Posts: 134 Member
    Hi Howie! WOW, you look great. I'm not against gastric bypass surgery, you obviously had a lot of weight to loose and it seems like it was the best decision for YOU. That's the important thing. Good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • lisalv1234
    lisalv1234 Posts: 3
    Isn't it incredible how it feels to be in control of it? That's what makes me excited about this plan....it makes me actually WANT to lose it! Must be the tracking, I think. Way to go -- you'll get there!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!