200lbs down / more then halfway to goal / Pictures

Options

Replies

• EarthyChocl8AKA
    Options
    Great story Howie! I'm proud of you!!! You BETTER keep it up!!! #VeryInspiring
  • SweetPickle007
    Options
    Oh gee your doing great..even tho you had weight loss surgery...you still have to put in the work it takes to lose, so be proud...you are doing it!! Keep it up..be strong..heres to you!!:drinker:
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    You've lost 200 effing pounds! That's amazing. You're not housebound anymore. Also amazing. You've come this far- nothing can stop you getting where you want to be. You've already lost 200lbs. It's just the same again. Eat well, move more, and you'll get there. You're inspirational.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    You make it sound like the surgery was a bad thing! If it helped you to get to where you could start doing these things by yourself, it's not the enemy! It's just another stepping stone in your journey of awesomeness. =)

It's not, I'd have been dead by now without it. I suggest it to people all the time actually (though holy crap, don't get it done open, get it done laproscopically) But there's a big stigma with it, that it's the easy way out, not true at all. I dieted, but I was fundamentally lazy. I didn't push myself. I just figured the knife did the work and I could sit home and not eat as much and lose all this weight. So not true.
  • kmorris123
    kmorris123 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You are doing an amazing job and just the right person to inspire others! I'm sending you a request because you're sheer determination is what I need to help me through.
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!! You should be very proud of yourself. Do not sell yourself short. Every day, say to yourself that you can do it, because you know you can, because you've done it before. Soon you will be fighting to keep the ladies away.
  • joannamar1e
    Options
    I'm a nurse and have taken care of many patients with the same procedure you have had. There is no shame in it! I commend you for all the weight you have lost and your desire to change your life. Often people think that surgery is a cure-all and will fix anything, I'm glad to see you making the effort too! Congratulations on all your success so far, and I hope you continue toward your goal..your an inspiration to people everywhere!

- JoAnna
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. I am so happy for you!! I also think its great that you decided that you don't want to just get on that plane as your ultimate goal. You want to keep doing it and be healthy and that is a really great thing. Congratulations!
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I am incredibly proud of you. I don;t know you but I know how hard it is to lose weight. You are taking your life back, To me that is incredible. Today 2.5 miles tommorow 3. Who knows maybe in a few months running a full mile. You should be incredibly proud of yourself!!
  • LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Great job honey!!!!!!
  • selfishshellfish
    Options
    You're not the enemy. As it says on my profile, I don't buy into the received wisdoms about weight loss. I have a pragmatic approach to this venture.

Whatever works. Whatever motivates you best. Just keep on keeping on.

And bloody well done for your progress so far!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    It IS doable.
    You CAN do it.

No, scratch that,

you WILL do it!!!!

There's a whole new kinda life waiting out there for you, all you gotta do is grab it!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    No matter how it is accomplished it is a lot of work...best to you in your journey...keep posting as your great inspiration.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Keep it up!
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Your doing an amazing job!! I know people who have had the surgery and it is NOT the easy way!! There is no easy way. The fact that you have and continue to lose weight is something to be proud of!! I know you can get to your goal. Best of luck in your journey!
  • stefvani
    stefvani Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am sooo happy for you, you did an amazing job getting rid of the weight. Keep going!
  • Frenique9
    Frenique9 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hello Howie! I am Frenique, and I'm ding great and improving thanks for asking!! This is the 1st post I've ever commented on here and I couldnt help but tell you that the revelation of who you can become is freaking awesome!!! The last part of your post almost moved me to tears, I am so proud of you for believing in yourself and I am confident that YOU WILL reach that 200lb goal keep pushing Howie I'm praying for you :)
  • jcrnprn
    jcrnprn Posts: 25
    Options
    Howie your story is an amazing success. You've inspired so many people already. You will make that flight and your future goals with the attitude you have. Can't wait to hear the rest of your story.
  • Mrs16
    Mrs16 Posts: 86
    Options
    Awesome! You should be very proud of yourself!
  • Leesa22
    Leesa22 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Who cares how you started your weight loss journey...you are making way for a healthier, brighter future, kuddos to you!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!