You know you're addicted to working out when...

Options

Replies

• bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    When you prepare for a night out with a run intead of a nap..
  • maddiedog22
    maddiedog22 Posts: 116
    Options
    I started crying when I couldn't find my running shoes:( lol my daughter hid them and it took a good 20 mins to find them
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    ...when a self-professed shoe-addict finds herself shopping for more running shoes and cross trainers then heels!
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    ...when you go to the gym on Friday and Saturday nights instead of going out....
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    When you notice that the majority of your laundry is workout clothes.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    When you plan your work schedule around the times you like to workout...Seriously!
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    When you notice that the majority of your laundry is workout clothes.

so true, I had to get a separate laundry hamper for my workout clothes. they were disgusting and wet and they outnumbered my normal clothes lol
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You own more pairs of yoga pants than jeans.

LOL this one
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    ...when you go to the gym on Friday and Saturday nights instead of going out....

This was me yesterday and today!
  • StephTheBookworm
    StephTheBookworm Posts: 177 Member
    Options

Oh wow, lucky! My gym closes early on Friday and Saturday!
  • SGRhapsodos
    SGRhapsodos Posts: 47
    Options
    1. You set the alarm for 5:00 am to go workout and your husband calls you crazy.
    2. The trainers at the gym say, "hey, you're here again?"
    3. Everybody knows when I haven't gotten a workout... I'm a b*tch!
    4. Your workout clothes drawer is fuller than your regular clothes drawer.
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    1) You wonder why it was you hired a kid to mow your lawn because you are missing that calorie burn
    2) You are more willing to buy workout clothes then clothes for work, going out, etc.
    3) Your plans for a Friday night are to get in an "extra" burn in, because being at the gym is where you want to be
    4) Everyone at work knows that you are getting a package with boxing/training gloves, cause it's all you talked about for 3 days!
    5) The people at the gym know exactly how you like your water pre and post workout... without asking!

... should I go on?!? :blushing: :wink: :laugh:
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    you skip the rest days
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    How serious is the addiction when you resemble just about all of these? Plus some more VVVV

Closed the gym down Fri, Sat AND Sun.
    more workout clothes than regular.
    Burns are consistently twice what anyone you know burns.
    You own more running shoes than regular shoes and when you rotate them out, they go in the "wear to work" pile cause they still feel good after several hundred miles.
    You make sure people are aware that coming to see them prevented you from finishing your workout.
    You forget that It's your day off so you eat twice what you should then realize you have to go to the gym to work them back off.
    DEADLIFTS!!!
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    When your husband says he's going to follow you the next time you say you are going to the gym because he thinks there must be another guy, cause no one can spend that much time at the gym :)
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    you pose in the gym mirror, even if you're a skinny *****
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    ....when squatting on a friday night is more appealing than beers.

....when the pain of a big session is again more appealing than beers.

...when you get anxious and/or angry that unforseen events lead to you missing your farken session for the day!! then you do the absolute most you can to get there the next day, and even skip a rest day in order to get the program back onto the right days. :p
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    When you killed yourself working out in the AM and all you can think about is, " I really want to go back to the gym tonight and do some more cardio. . .that would be soooo awesome."
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    When it's time to do a cool down after a workout and you're a little sad it's over
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    'Rest' days have 'only' 300 calorie burns
    You keep getting up earlier in the morning to accommodate the longer workouts
    You get edgy when you aren't getting enough activity in for the day
    You try to keep your NET calories for the day negative as long as you can while still eating normal meals