Something great about your mom...

Options
Elizabeth_C34
Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
In honor of mother's day, I think it would be great to share one great thing about your mom.

I was raised by my grandma, so I'll share one of her. She is your stereotypical southern pistol. Sweet as she can be, but she will insult you to your face in the most polite way possible if you piss her off. Love that about her. :smile:

Replies

• mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My mom is my guardian angel in her heavenly home. This year I seem to be missing her more than ever. Best thing about my mom?? Her loving, caring heart. Her body may have been crippled with MS, but her mind and heart were strong as ever. Love and miss you Mom!!
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    My mom is super mom! She has ALWAYS made a way of making every single thing me or my sister have ever wanted happen. She is there for us in the drop of a hat. I love my mommy :)
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    even on my worst days as a kid, my mom always made me feel special. Everytime she says I love you it still gives me warm fuzzies
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    My mom helped shape me into the person I am today. I am grateful for that. If it weren't for her I don't know how things would be different.. I'd probably be in jail, or some kind of druggie, or just a plain ol' loser with no further plans or goals or ambitions of any kind.
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    She planned to have me but not any of my 3 siblings! :smokin:
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My mom has been gone over 27 years. I was a child of 18 when she died, and never realized what I would be missing. If I had known, I would have taken more time to be with her, talk with her, and get to know her. I'm pretty much left with very little of her, except from things my sister tells me. I was 16 when she got sick, and she was in and out of hospitals the entire time. I remember begging her to come to my graduation, and she couldn't, and I got mad and hung up on her. My sister told me she cried for 2 days about that. What a rotten shrew I was. If only I had known then what I know now.
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    My mother is always there to listen, and Love me. :flowerforyou: I get to take her out to dinner today. :happy:

I want to thank all you mothers out there for all your sacrifices you have made throughout the years:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: . God Bless You.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My mum hasn't been 'right' mentally for a number of years, I'll be honest. A majority of my best memories are of when I was very young, and she was a single parent. She got pregnant with me at 17, so she still lived with her mum and sisters, which meant we shared a room when I was young. I remember one night when I was young, and she woke me up to tell me she'd just seen a shooting star and we had to make a wish. I do miss her, but she's not really the person she was any more - now, she's a distant acquaintance I see once every few years, and speak to on the phone a couple of times a year. I don't recall exactly when I lost the person I remember her being - I guess it was a gradual process.
  • Mockingjay_24
    Options
    Everything =')
    Her & my grandmother raised me alone, and I have them to thank for everything.

Happy mothers day everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Self-sacrifice-- gave everything to her kids, she's a very determined lady.

Now that I am a parent I understand her so much more.
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    my mother is there for me no matter what she thinks and says. i love her. (mother in law)
  • LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I know I am taking a risk most of the time when you mention something christian it opens you up for bashing. but something great about my mom is that when the doctors told her to give up hope on the idea of leading a normal life because at 8 months old I had epilsey and a learning disability my mom stood by her faith that God was going to heal me and never gave up. God healed me from epilsey at the age of 1 1/2 years old and of my learning disability at 34 years old. it was my mom's faith that I am now almost 37 years old and leading a normal life. had my mom listened to the doctor I would have been put away in a special care facility. instead I am a healthy almost 37 year old college freshman and a single mom of a beautful daughter. I am leading a normal healthy life.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I love my mom! Her determination is what got my family to where we are and her constant, everlast support is what made me who I am today. I love you, Mom! <3
  • trinitylyons01
    trinitylyons01 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My biological grandmother and father abused me and my biological mom didn't want to acknowledge me as being her daughter. Therefore, the woman I call my mom has been the only - and best - mother I could have ever asked for. She knows all my little secrets. But, she still loves me unconditionally. Although she came into my life when I was an adult she has loved and treated me just like her own children for the last 24 years. Sometimes I feel as if we are even closer than her biological kids because we have a chosen bond - I'm actually more like her than her other children. Furthermore, she never judges and is always willing to be there for me - and others - no matter what. I never really knew a real mother's love until she became my "mom" and I am SO very thankful that God gave her to me. I am blessed and am a better person because of her and her love!
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i was a daddys girl growing up mostly because when my mom worked she was usally too tired or hurt too much to really do anything we know now that she has fybromiagla how ever u spell but my greatest times with my mom was at christmas wrapping gifts and baking cookies to me its still not christmas unless i make homade cookies its something we did every year we would usally give them as gifts. but now that i no longer live at home were better friends i think we talk alot more online and as of right now the best thing about her is her ability to keep my dads temper in check he gets overly agervated easly and because i left and didnt come back he hates my bf and the fact that he lost his little girl but my mom has gotten him to understand that yelling at me about it dosnt make it bette it just makes me not want to talk to him so shes the buffer between us and i love her for that as well as the advice she gives me for my own daughter
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I don't have a really great relationship with my mom anymore, but I always loved that she accepted me for who I am.

When I was in middle school, I liked wearing black and chains and stuff like that, and she didn't care, whereas the rest of my family hated it. I basically got yelled at by my grandpa when I told him that I was pro-gay marriage, however, my mom listened to my logic and actually told me that it made since to her that I would think that way. She never told me that my beliefs were wrong, and supported me with whatever I wanted to do.
  • mooly77
    mooly77 Posts: 18
    Options
    She makes the best PB&J sandwiches lol
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    She is ridiculously supportive! She has bought me anything she can afford to help me with my weight loss and exercise and she helps me pay for school.
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My mom is my guardian angel in her heavenly home. This year is the first mothers day without her and seem to be missing her more than ever. Best thing about my mom?? Her loving, caring heart. Even when she was feeling her worst she believed in acts of kindness and would buy and deliever fresh produce to the patients who were in dialysis with her. She would bring brownies to all of her doctors and nurses as a extra thanks for all their hard work. I hope I can have half the heart she had.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I really miss my mom :brokenheart: . This is my second mother's day without her. She was kind and the most generous person ever, so amazingly smart, and supportive. I loved her so much.