Something great about your mom...

Options

Replies

• xPOOKiEx
    xPOOKiEx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    She's always been by my side through difficult times, and I've never given up on her through hers. We've grown a lot together and I'm proud to say she is my mom and my best friend. <3
  • jarrettfam
    jarrettfam Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My mom is my best friend! Even though she is on the mission field in the Carribean, we still talk every day. She is so patient and very considerate of others! I pray that one day I will be like her. She has a way of turning my frowns and tears into giggles and smiles! I'm thankful for every day I have with her! @---}----
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I was a teenager back in the 60's and we didn't have a lot of money but my mom was a gret seamstress. I had one of the best ward robes in my class. This is my first Mother's day without her but I know she is with God.:flowerforyou:
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    There was never a hallmark card made to describe her or her "style" of mothering:heart:

One time when I didn't answer he phone calls in college because I went to the beach without telling her (I was still only 17) she threatened to drive her car thru my apartment door to make sure I wasn't lying on the floor dead.:laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    I can't just pick one thing......she was my mom, my best friend and I miss her :cry:
  • YoungerNextYear59937
    YoungerNextYear59937 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Unconditional love. She is the only person who has ever loved me unconditionally. She too is in her heavenly home and I miss her terribly.
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Shes always accepted me for who I am, and supports me in any desicion I make, even if she thinks its not the best one.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Just ONE thing? I could go on and on about my Mum... She is my best friend! She is ABsolutely AMAZing - Patient, kind, helpful, sweet. I LITERALLY could not do my life without her ~ seriously, I have a home-based SPA business and I have 2 kinds... she is ALWAYS there for me at the drop of a hat, for no matter what - she is the most encouraging woman I know - and completely selfless. SHE is the kind of Mother I want to be, but i can't hold a candle to her... doubt i ever will be able to. Oh. And she has set the NANA bar SoOoOooOoo high, I can't even see it - I can't imagine being such a wonderful Nana when my girls have kids, as she is for mine. Did I mention she is my best friend? :flowerforyou: I love my MUM!
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My Mom signed a contract on her house this morning. She's giving up her dream of living in California to move close to me and my family. She wants to be here to support me. I love her. She's one of my best friends but she also knows how to be a great Mom. She also has a sixth sense. She knows when something is wrong with me and picks up the phone to find out what it is. She rocks!
  • bigdal77
    bigdal77 Posts: 69
    Options
    to all mums everywhere i love you all i lost my mum 5 years ago iv'e missed her so much before the day she died i never missed a day of seeing her and chatting she always listened and put me on the right path my regret is that she never travelled this journey with me and never seen me at this weight i'm doing this for you mum :)
  • PhenomeNae
    PhenomeNae Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My mom and I don't always get along. She can have a sharp tongue and criticize till I'm in tears, but when the dust settles I can recognize her humanity. She's had it rough, has worked hard like a man her whole life, and always did her best to provide for us. She wasn't a single mom, but she might as well have been. My stepfather was more worried about appearances and how well HE was dressed than if we had food in the fridge or if she had a safe car to drive. I love her strength, her resilience and her ability to face adversity. She's a survivor.
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    My Mom cared for my Dad for 14 years while he had cancer and was a trooper every single day. She is amazing!

Hey Mom,

You are the best!!

I love you dearly,

Joe
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Best thing about my Mom is me...lol
    Without Mom's we wouldn't be here.
    Like all the other comment on here....she is the best.
    I put her through heck when I was young and 49 yrs later she still loves me. That's a Mom.
    Happy Mother's Day ladies!!
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My mother is one of the most supportive women I have ever met. She is incredibly strong and has made me the woman I am today (good and bad) :drinker: Cheers to good mothers like mine who are a little nuts but mean well and always come through when it really counts!
  • LoriInIowa
    LoriInIowa Posts: 113
    Options
    I lost my Mom when I was 7. This is my 40th Mother's day without her. Although, I don't have many of "my own" memories of her. I know how much she loved my sister and I. I treasure memories shared by my mom's family. I think I'm alot like her....very goal-oriented. She was a Calculus/Trig teacher. I'm a teacher. She was an excellent athlete...as was I (back in the day). :) She was a very nurturing person....

I still miss her, but am SO grateful for the many good traits/characteristics she shared with me.

I love you, Mama!
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    My Mom is awesome, she was never overbearing, she let me make my own mistakes. She stood by me through some of the darkest periods in my life. She is my rock.

I lost my amazing Mother in law 4 years ago to cancer, she was so down to earth, I loved her with all my heart. She treated me like I was one of her own.

Happy Mother's day to all the amazing Mom's out there. :heart:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    My mom is the most compassionate, giving person that I know. I am especially grateful for all she does for my son. There really aren't words to describe how much she has done for me, especially since I became a mother myself 10 years ago.
  • Jori33
    Jori33 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Where do I start?

Selflessness. My mom does (and did) everything for my little sister and me. She sacrificed so much so we could live the lives we wanted. She loves us unconditionally and gave me a role model for life.

I love her more than words can say.:heart:
  • ajohn252
    ajohn252 Posts: 158
    Options
    I love my mom!
    She`s hard working, smart, creative, and practical.
    We`ve got along like peas in a pod since I can remember
    and I can tell her anything. She`s the best <3
  • tdp2012
    tdp2012 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My mom and grandmother are 2 of my very best friends, I would be complete lost without either one of them. My mom was very young when she had me so my grandmother had a big hand in my raising. They are both 2 amazing phenomenal women who I admire, respect and appreciate very much.