Options
    Me! I have 5 very spoiled cats.
  • Mustlovepugs11
    Options
    Cats :mad: PUGS :love:
  • julie9200
    julie9200 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have 4 cats, I'm one trip to the animal shelter away from being a crazy cat lady. :-P
    When I got the 4th one last year (Steve), I wanted to take home another 3 or 4...

I once took a stray to the vet to have him checked over and came home with him plus 3 more kittens that had been abandoned. I already had 5 at home, lol.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Definitely NOT a cat lover. I don't know what it is about them but they just seem sneaky and that they are plotting something at all times.

Heh, my husband felt the same way, until we got ours. Now he just dotes on the cat.
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    4 cats...each one crazier than the next....lol. Love them all !

Same way in my house. Chowder is the oldest, and the only boy kitty, then there's Misty, then Lola (a feral who never got used to us and is lose in our room), and Miracle. Mira is the craziest of them all, so full of life, maybe because she almost died and got a second chance and she is surely living it to the fullest! (I didn't realize she was as young as she was when we found her so she wasn't being fed correctly. The emergency vet told us 5 more minutes and she would've been dead when we got her there. I've never prayed so hard in my life. They didn't expect her to pull through because over an hour & a half on the sugar drip and she still wasn't really responding, when normally they said it only takes 20 minutes. But she made it. I swore that if she made it I was gonna call her Miracle. Her full name is Miracle Hope, we call her Mira for short.) Each kitty has their own quirks and weird habits. Chowder smacks the water in the bowl and runs away from it, and he tries to "cover" his food when he's done with it. Misty licks plastic bags but is absolutely terrified of them when they make any noise, Lola, well, she is just crazy. She will lay on my legs, but she won't let me touch her. And Mira... Mira runs all over the house with no reason, tail all puffy. She will jump repeatedly at an invisible spot on the wall, and will try to ride on the backs of Chowder and Misty. She will also lay on her back and smack at Misty's face, or grab it with both her paws and try to pull on it.

And if I could afford it, I would so take in more cats. My husband and I just love them! They fill our life with such joy and so much laughter. Even when they are bad, we just can't stay mad at them. They just make us smile. As for what somebody else said about they seem like they're always plotting something... that's part of a cat's charm. They either always sleeping, or looking for something to pounce on or play with. Or some mischief to get into. Love it!
  • TheTrimTim
    TheTrimTim Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    For Instagram users, check out @cataddict. :-)
  • TheTrimTim
    TheTrimTim Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Here's my little baby Treacle:

6b0002d2761611e18bb812313804a181_7.jpg

...and the man of the house, Oscar:

2342f9c2775b11e180c9123138016265_7.jpg
  • wiglett
    wiglett Posts: 53
    Options
    Major cat lover here, but only have 1.

I spent the last 2.5+ years getting allergy shots just so I could be around them (had them as a kid), and was finally able to save one from a shelter in January. He's the most crazy cat I've ever been around. Totally thinks he's human and so much fun.

Feel free to add a fellow cat lover. I have some of his pics in my profile, too.

IMAG0194.jpg

looks like a marbled bengal. . . proly why its crazy and acts like people :-p
  • CIndyTilton
    CIndyTilton Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I adore cats as I have 2. A home isn't complete without at least one.
  • polefitnutritionist
    Options
    I'm getting kittens next month once I finish my exams! I'm so excited! ^.^
  • Mirror_Mirror
    Options
    I Have two wonderful kitties myself. I've always been a cat lover!
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    i have a calico she means a lot to me.

a deal breaker for me is a woman that doesnt like cats lol.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Major cat lover here, but only have 1.

I spent the last 2.5+ years getting allergy shots just so I could be around them (had them as a kid), and was finally able to save one from a shelter in January. He's the most crazy cat I've ever been around. Totally thinks he's human and so much fun.

Feel free to add a fellow cat lover. I have some of his pics in my profile, too.

IMAG0194.jpg

He's a beautiful bengal kitty!

I have two furbabies:

6702012941_1a9eee2cf0.jpg

6702012629_cd307c6188.jpg

We love dogs too, but sadly don't have the time to properly care for one.
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I grew up with 2 cats (I'm 20) Remy and Murph although we sadly lost Remy to kidney failure on Christmas Day 2010 :cry:
    Still miss you little man :brokenheart:

We still have Murph who is my beautiful baby and I love him LOTS although I've just moved out for the first time and we're not allowed a cat in our apartment!
    Still go to my Mum and Dad's for cuddles though :laugh:
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    My baby (not really a baby, she's 2.5 years, but I just love her SOOOOOO much!) Sumo can be seen on my ticker. Feel free to add me!
  • jammiezene
    jammiezene Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love kitty cats :-) I am a big animal lover in general.
  • archadtz
    archadtz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Love cats! We show and raise Himalayans and Persians (Archadtz Himalayans & Persians)... No, I am not a crazy cat lady, but couldn't live without my babies, and am proud to say that we have cats all over the world now, and we are producing some of the top chocolate colored cats in Canada :)
  • vhines57
    vhines57 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Four Cats Here!!!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I has a kitteh and she runs my house. She does, however, allow me to live here on the condition that I feed her every now and again :P
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I have had cats ever since I was in the womb, literally. My parents had a cat that, according to my mother, when I would tart kicking he'd lay on my stomach and purr me to sleep.

Currently have 3 cats, 2 of them were rescued literally off my front porch within months of each other. I almost had a 4th, a cat that used to belong to a neighbor that they threw out (the neighbor's mom had him but no one wanted him after she died so out he went) and by the time I had the money to get him his shots to bring him inside he'd already contracted Feline Leukemia. It killed me to put him down. I also feed the cat that lives across the street because her owners don't let her inside after their youngest was born (some superstitious crap because the baby's twin died since they were 2 months premature) and they don't feed her.

The three I have are Tobi, a 5 year old Chartreuse, Annie, a 4 year old Applehead Seal-Point Siamese, and Pip a 3 1/2 year old orange and white tabby shorthair mix. Tobi is afraid of everything despite being a huge cat, Annie is the ruler of the house and actually took over a beanbag chair I got for Christmas two years ago and made it her bed, and Pip is mute. Pip also has the ability to jump upwards of 6 feet from the ground and can stand up on his hind legs with no problem.

I love cats. I regularly donate to animal shelters and plan to volunteer with one that is all-cats where you get to not only do the dirty work but "socialize" or play with them. I don't believe in putting a cat outside or even letting them out for short spurts, I always spay/neuter, and yes I declaw (only the front). The reason I do is because I have tried the alternatives like the caps and scratching posts and no cat I've had has ever taken to them. Plus I have a mother who has thin blood and if she's cut or scraped she can bleed pretty profusely and it can be dangerous.

And I'll quit rambling. Short story of it is: I love cats, always have and will. I'll never have a house without at least 2 cats. They're entertaining, full of personality, and can be as loyal as any dog if you treat them right.