Junk food.

Options
My biggest problem is junk food. Am i determined to lose weight? Yes i am!
I do however love to have a bowl of ice cream every night. It's just my thing.
I also hate eating now because i think it will help me lose weight, which i know is not really good for my body and in the end will only make me gain?
Can i have a bowl of ice cream every night and still lose weight?
What is a good meal to eat for dinner lunch and breakfast?
Nothing is helping me lose.
I just don't know what to eat is one of my biggest issues so i just eat what i want kind of thing.

Replies

• acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    If you need to have a bowl of ice cream every night you are approaching this the wrong way. You need to have treats, not a staple diet of crap.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Maybe start by shifting to a) a cone or smaller bowl, b) a lower calorie ice cream or possibly a sherbet or frozen yoghurt?
  • etavi
    etavi Posts: 85
    Options
    A big bowl of ice cream, every night? Unless you eat CRAZY healthy ALL the time otherwise, then I would say, very doubtful.
    1/2 cp of low fat frozen yogurt (100 cals or so) Then yes.
    Substitute or moderate.
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    I can do sherbet i love that stuff, i can try shifting that way. thanks(:
    Just having a hard time changing my diet is all.
  • Ohbutiloveicecream
    Ohbutiloveicecream Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've seen people lose weight by cutting their servings in half.
    I've seen people lose weight by giving their diet a complete overhaul and eliminating treats/junkfood altogether.

Have you tried any ONE approach for a sustained period of time?
    Give one of the above options a try for at *least* a solid month or two.

If nothing is happening, consider switching your plan of attack.
  • PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    If you can switch to frozen yoghurt that would be a start.
    Have a look through friends diaries for meal ideas. You'll quickly learn whats good and whats not.
    Let you're body get used to the change in diet and hopefully results will follow.
    You need to eat though, not doing yourself any favours by cutting meals a lot x
  • SoySalva
    SoySalva Posts: 138
    Options
    The only way I have kept on my weight loss journey is to keep some of my favorite foods in my daily meals. Just be sure that all, of your food is not junk....have your ice cream, leave calories for that treat. Also make sure you sure you are eating the right amount of calories, many threads here can help you out!

I wish you much success!
  • miamigirl123
    miamigirl123 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Something that helps me remember not to go overboard when I'm snacking is posting an fitspiration pic on my fridge. Having that visual reminder helps me remember my goals and why I'm doing this in the first place.

PS: It's Jessica Alba in a bikini :)
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    Yess thaat could help a lot!
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    No sugar added fudgsicles are surprisingly chocolaty and decadant tasting for a measly 40 calories for one.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem is junk food. Am i determined to lose weight? Yes i am!
    I do however love to have a bowl of ice cream every night. It's just my thing.
    I also hate eating now because i think it will help me lose weight, which i know is not really good for my body and in the end will only make me gain?
    Can i have a bowl of ice cream every night and still lose weight?
    What is a good meal to eat for dinner lunch and breakfast?
    Nothing is helping me lose.
    I just don't know what to eat is one of my biggest issues so i just eat what i want kind of thing.

Quit buying ice cream. That'll solve it.
  • pookaness
    pookaness Posts: 15
    Options
    I buy something like weightwatcherws or skinny cow icecream and limit it to ONE bar a night that way I get my icecream and feel good that most my calories went to food while a little went to that treat.
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My sister and I started a chocolate business (home-based), in December. Needless to say I had put a lot of my weight on from December -February. Tasting what I was making caught up to me. Running this business has been extremely difficult, and did I mention I am addicted to plain M&M's? I have all of the "supplies" in my cabinets and it takes all of my might not to raid the cupboards when I have a craving. So I decided I would allow myself like 10 M&M's when I need a chocolate fix. I log it and make it part of my day, and then I'm done with it.

Just a thought. : )
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I buy something like weightwatcherws or skinny cow icecream and limit it to ONE bar a night that way I get my icecream and feel good that most my calories went to food while a little went to that treat.

But one a night is enough to do damage.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I eat junk food all the time. Don't believe the lie that you have to be all in or all out or that you are weak for wanting ice cream. I do feel sorry for those people. To live so deprived.....
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    Stop putting us down! I still like treats sometimes. Good idea for the m&m thing!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    There is no need to deprive yourself of the foods you want to eat.

If you decide to eat ice cream, yes, even every day, you can. You just need to be realistic: for every food choice you make, there will be a consequence: one of these things is going to be true: 1. you can exercise enough to stay in a deficit. 2. You can limit other foods to fit the ice cream into your calorie budget and stay in a deficit, or 3. You decide not to have a deficit that day (i.e. you won't make progress that day)

One of my favorite friends on here is ACG. He has a ripped gorgeous six-pack. It's breathtaking. He enjoys Ben and Jerry's ALL THE TIME.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You only have 15 pounds you want to lose, that's not a lot. You should be eating closer to maintenance right now to prevent muscle loss. Why don't you try strength training to see if that gets you looking like you want to look? It burns calories at a more sustained rate and can be better than cardio for those with little to lose. If you have the calories for a little bit of ice cream at the end of the day, go for it. Just make sure you aren't going overboard on the sugar and you should be fine.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    You can eat pretty much anything you want, in moderation.
  • beachlover718
    Options
    I'm a sugar addict- love sweets. that being said I have found that at least part of my need for an after dinner treat is habit. my mind and body are used to having that sweet treat after dinner so trying to resist is tough, but if I can resist for a few days my cravings for it lessen and I get used to not eating after dinner. that being said if ice cream is your favorite work it into your day. like previous folks said try alternatives id that works for you- for me if I really want a piece of chocolate and try to replace it with something else I just keep eating b/c nothing is going to satisfy me until I eat that chocolate- so for me a small bowl (you can get cute mini bowls at walmart) of really good ice cream is better than trying to replace it with something else.