Junk food.

Options
13»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    If you need to have a bowl of ice cream every night you are approaching this the wrong way. You need to have treats, not a staple diet of crap.
    You can eat "crap" if you've met your macronutrient needs and still calories left for them and still be healthy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    If you need to have a bowl of ice cream every night you are approaching this the wrong way. You need to have treats, not a staple diet of crap.
    You can eat "crap" if you've met your macronutrient needs and still calories left for them and still be healthy.

IDEA Fitness member

^ This!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I have ice cream every night. It's one cup now, instead of the big bowl that I used to have in the past. Having that cup of ice cream at the end of the night, helps me to stay on track, it helps me to say no to things that I might not have during the day, just knowing that its coming later! You have to do what works for you. Ice cream every night, is working for me.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Here's how I see it- with a limited allotment of calories, regularly spending your calories on junk food affords you fewer calories to get all the vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, fiber, etc etc etc that your body needs. If it fits in your macros, you'll be able to lose weight, but you're making it more and more difficult to get a nutritionally complete diet. Once in a while is fine.
  • Martin0524
    Martin0524 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream Is great....And it was one of the many foods I was addicted to. Try Skinny Cow Ice Cream cups. They are 150 calories, taste great and helped me curb my craving.
  • ShemikaPerry
    Options
    Everyone is different. I eat sweets such as cupcakes and ice cream all throughout the week but i have consistently been losing about 2-3 pounds per week. I do exercise everyday to try and balance it out. I actually lost about 14 pounds last month even though i went over on my sugar intake almost every single day.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Here's how I see it- with a limited allotment of calories, regularly spending your calories on junk food affords you fewer calories to get all the vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, fiber, etc etc etc that your body needs. If it fits in your macros, you'll be able to lose weight, but you're making it more and more difficult to get a nutritionally complete diet. Once in a while is fine.
    What if you meet those macros and micros everyday and still have calories available? Taking in more of them doesn't help you to be more nutritionally sound.

IDEA Fitness member
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    What if you meet those macros and micros everyday and still have calories available? Taking in more of them doesn't help you to be more nutritionally sound.

IDEA Fitness member

If you get everything you need on less calories I have no problem spending the rest on treats :happy:
    I'm just saying you're making it more difficult.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Maybe start by shifting to a) a cone or smaller bowl, b) a lower calorie ice cream or possibly a sherbet or frozen yoghurt?

This!! And yes you can! Have a portion. Make sure it's in your calorie intake
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

If you get everything you need on less calories I have no problem spending the rest on treats :happy:
    I'm just saying you're making it more difficult.
    Lol, it would be tough if you ate the ice cream for breakfast. Anyway, I understand what you mean, I just thought you were saying that it's not likely that it could be done.

IDEA Fitness member
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    Love the tips!