Would you run a race knowing you would finish last?

Options
Yanicka1
Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
Your honest opinion

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Sure. Seriously. As long as I finish.

But I don't run.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I've done it in high school on the track team, so sure. Each race you get a little bit better and you can't get better without failing a few times.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    yep. Its not about finish first or last. Its about going out there and giving it your all. You aren't there to race against everyone else, you're racing against yourself.

Unless of course you're fast enough to actually podium and then you are in fact racing everyone else. :tongue:
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Absolutely.
  • bmj27889
    bmj27889 Posts: 9
    Options
    I have
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I would and I have. Or rather I expected to. I was pleasantly surprised not to be last.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Yes. Absolutely.

It isn't about being the best, or even being good. It's about doing MY best and, if my best is an hour slower than everyone else, that's okay.
  • melanielockard
    melanielockard Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    yes, i finished 2nd to last, and it was an amazing feeling, i was just happy i completed it! you wouldnt belive the amount of support you get by everyone else running, its very addicting!
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I want to do a 5k and I know I am not fast but I can run the distance. If I come in last I don't have a problem with that although not what I would prefer. For me it is the self accomplishment of running it.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would.
    I ran a 10k and finished dead-last! I felt that I had enough left in me for a final push to the finish line and make myself 2nd-to-last by passing, but I didn't have the heart to do it. It was a little boy, about 7 years old.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Personally, no, but thats because I hate running.
    If you rephrased the question as would you still participate in an exercise you are not very good at the answer is yes.
  • Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    4 months ago there would be no way I would but now that I enjoy exercise and running I would totally do it because it's fun.
  • MinkyMoo13
    MinkyMoo13 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Yes in 2010 i completed an 8 mile assault course in Dorest courtesy of Votwo events called the Kamikaze.. I expected to finish last but i didn't so i was dead chuffed!! i was about 10th from last :laugh:

Check this out http://www.votwo.co.uk/events-1/kamikaze-adventure-run-dorset-2012

so awesome!!
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    I ran a race in VA, with a bunch of dudes that are on SWAT teams ... I was last and the only female (that I saw). I just shrugged it off because I know I ran at my usual pace.
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Yes, when it comes to fitness it become more to prove to yourself you ca finish the race not being first.
  • lau444
    lau444 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. It doesn't matter what place you come in as long as you do your best.
  • ambitious01
    ambitious01 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Absolutely I would. Where else would I start?
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Yep. I have done 3 5ks. I love running and only try to improve my own time :)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would.
    I ran a 10k and finished dead-last! I felt that I had enough left in me for a final push to the finish line and make myself 2nd-to-last by passing, but I didn't have the heart to do it. It was a little boy, about 7 years old.
    It was very nice of you.: )