"Old Fashioned" or "Traditional" gender roles

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, the few I do know...are very masculine type guys, and it doesn't bother them in the least that they're looked down on for it. They are CERTAINLY not the types that most people would have the courage to say it directly to lol.

hmmmm chicken or egg thing I think... I wonder if it is precisely because they are comfortable with their own masculinity that they've been more comfortable in taking that role. I know that there are many things about my husband which on paper, in isolation, don't sound particularly 'manly'. He loves to cook, he loves clothes... the man has a collection of bow-ties with matching pocket squares and blue suede shoes:) But the reality is at 6'5". 100kg and with a boof-head, he just simply couldn't come off as anything but masculine... I think if we have kids we'll proabbly both have a go at being the SAHP and see who likes it better:)

I definitely agree that it's because they're secure in their own masculinity. I said 'oddly' because its atypical. It also gives them time to workout, and maintain an eating style that would be difficult to maintain otherwise. Others were forced into that role by the construction industry...and it's more of a temporary thing.
  • Sunshine_and_Puppies
    Options
    Doesn't this mean I please you sexually and then make you a sammich and bring you a beer?
    Thats what I'm talkin bout. This here's my style.
  • Sunshine_and_Puppies
    Options
    In terms of jobs, chores, etc...doesn't matter.

But I want my man to cry less than I do, to weigh more than I do, and to know when to take charge in the sack. :devil:
    Hell yeah! This is a good thread.