HELP!!! or i am leaving

Options
i am 25yrs old, mother of two (5 and 6). i am 5'7 and as of today weigh 148.8lbs. after being here for a while i decided i didnt want to just be skinny i wanted muscles. i went for a bulk/cut cycle. BIG MISTAKE!!! i bulked for 4months gaining 15lbs and 12 total inches. i bulked on 2400cals lifting heavy full body 3x a week/cardio 3x a week. then i started cutting. i dropped down to 2000cals and contuined my workouts. i wasnt losing so i dropped down to 1900 cals. still hardly a thing happened. i went on vacation to costa rica. april 9th for 10days. (weighed about 147) and couldnt work out (did alot of activities and walking though) and i piged out(no computer or phone= no logging) it was well worth it and i had a blast. got back home lowered my cals to about 1500 for a week to help make up for eating so much, then settled at 1800 cals. still doing my exericse routine. for almost two weeks now i have altered my diet by cutting out bread(i ate at least 2x a day) and replacing it with more complex carbs such as brown rice and oats. i started monitering my sugar ( i was ALWAYS over) and make sure i stay under 35grams a day. i aim for 180-200 grams of protein sometimes i even get in more. all i drink is water and my diet has been well under control since i got back. I am now back up to 148.8lbs and have only lost 2inches from my waist(at my bellybutton). What am i doing wrong???!!!!!

I have tried eating more, eating less, eating more protien, eating more clean, giving up foods, lifting more, running more, intervals, and still nothing. i have heard to get the toned, muscular look i want (goal is my profile pic) that i need to eat very low carb. i tried this for a day and i was hungry and super super super tired all day. i have seen others on here doing what i do and eating 12 pieces of bread a day and look like i want to......i just dont get what i am doing wrong and why nothing works for me. before i started on this sitei weighed 130lbs and ate whatever, whenever i wanted.

Replies

• AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    When you've made all of the changes, how much time do you allow to see what results you get?
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i have been at this for months!!! when i started cutting i stayed at 2000 cals for about 2months nothing happened so i dropped down to 1900. nothing was really going on after that for a month so i dropped down to 1800. i have been at 1800 no bread, way less sugar and more complex carbs for only about 2 weeks now
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    When you've made all of the changes, how much time do you allow to see what results you get?

I was going to say the same thing!

Weight loss takes TIME. You are all over the place in what you're doing.

Why would you do a bulk cycle when you weren't at your goal weight? I only did a mini bulk when I was already very small. I wouldn't recommend it for someone who still wants/needs to lose a few pounds.

I think you need to reevaluate your situation and your goals, make a plan and stick to it for 6-8 weeks.
  • Jessicaruby
    Options
    Leave

well that was helpful and very insightful......thanks :grumble:
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    ask in this group...lots of bulking and cutting....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3834-eat-more-to-weigh-less
  • riadastfu
    riadastfu Posts: 69
    Options
    Leave

lol.

Go to a nutritionist or a trainer who knows what they're doing. None of us here (that I've seen) are actual professionals. You're better off asking them than a forum.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    i have been at this for months!!! when i started cutting i stayed at 2000 cals for about 2months nothing happened so i dropped down to 1900. nothing was really going on after that for a month so i dropped down to 1800. i have been at 1800 no bread, way less sugar and more complex carbs for only about 2 weeks now

You can't cut at 1800-1900 calories...unless you're working out a LOT. And it really has nothing to do with not eating bread, etc.. It is calories in vs calories out. Also, are you weighing every single bite you put into your mouth?

Edited: There is a lot of information on cutting at Bodybuilding.com - a lot of good threads and calculations to find out what your calorie intake should be. I'd recommend taking a look!
  • Jessicaruby
    Options

I was going to say the same thing!

Weight loss takes TIME. You are all over the place in what you're doing.

Why would you do a bulk cycle when you weren't at your goal weight? I only did a mini bulk when I was already very small. I wouldn't recommend it for someone who still wants/needs to lose a few pounds.

i was very close to goal when i started my bulk. i started on this site at 130lbs. i was eating below bmr when i started (i didnt know anything about that at the time) i lost a little but but then stalled and then started to gain. i started my bulk around 133lbs at 5'7

I think you need to reevaluate your situation and your goals, make a plan and stick to it for 6-8 weeks.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options

Maybe the issue isn't with your diet, but with your exercise routine? I'm not sure cause I'm not working on the same sort of plan...
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/lillebanon/view/my-take-on-eating-more-to-weigh-less-254554

This is from someone who is apart of eat more/weigh less group.
  • FitForeverAgain
    FitForeverAgain Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Well, you said your goal was to gain mass, you did. You spent 4 months trying to put on weight and lived the life of gluttony it sounds like. "white bread twice a day" and "pigged out". Well, 2 weeks isn't going to cut it. Try spending that same 4 months busting your *kitten* on cardio, doing twice as much as you think you need, and working weights in to maintain (mid rep, same intensity, less weight), and eating clean for that full 4 months at a moderate level (less than you're burning). At that point, come back if no results.

My frustration here lies in that fact that someone who understands a 4 month "bulk phase" most likely understands a "cut phase" isn't going to take root in 2 weeks. In short, being the guy I am, it sounds like an excuse to eat your *kitten* off, and then looking to rationalize a way into an easy fix - which isn't gonna happen.
  • Jessicaruby
    Options

You can't cut at 1800-1900 calories...unless you're working out a LOT. And it really has nothing to do with not eating bread, etc.. It is calories in vs calories out. Also, are you weighing every single bite you put into your mouth?

i weigh and measure everything!! and track everything.... i gained 1lb a week at 2400 cals i should lose at 1800 cals. i burn around 300 cals a day(i usually only eat back some exercise cals. netting me at around 1600. my BMR is 1485 and my TDEE is around 2800
  • applebobbrush
    applebobbrush Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm not a professional, just a regular MFP'er, but it sounds as if you're not giving it enough time. I would pick your program and try for 4 weeks at least, then adjust according to your results. I recommend reading The New Rules for Weight Lifting for Women. It gives a work out plan, helps you figure out your RMR, nutrition and a work out schedule for building those muscles. It's a great read, lots of information and it's not expensive.

Plus you lost 2inches that is nothing to toss in the trash!
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is you...but I think a lot of us women can fall under this. Please read this article....it could explain a lot!!

http://www.shapefit.com/overtraining-exercising-too-much.html
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    sounds like you have made WAY TO MANY changes in a 2 month period. I would stick with one things for that amount of time.
  • redmamacita
    redmamacita Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i feel like you are trying to do too much too fast. focus on losing your excess fat first (and measure based on BF%, not what the scale says), and then when you are satisfied with your fat loss, or are at a point that you're stabilized, focus on increasing muscle. if you want more tips i would look up Rachel Mac on facebook. she's got a lot of useful info that people have successfully applied to their lives to achieve results.

but most importantly: stop trying to do it all at once, and so quickly. aside from not seeing the results you want, you're wreaking havoc on your body!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're dealing with this. It sounds as if you need to talk with someone and tailor a plan for you. If your body muscle mass is high you will need more to sustain. :) Hang in there and I'm sure you'll find something that you can live with and produces the desired results.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    DON'T LEAVE!!!!
    Please go to this group of well informed people, they have answers to a lot of your questions...most (if not all) are lifters!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3834-eat-more-to-weigh-less

read the red pins...proverbs31 (Kiki) and Lucinda are the best!
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should leave. People are here to help encourage, not give you a pity party.

You may also want to stick to one method long than a couple of days. You have to give it at least 4-5 weeks to see if that particular process is going to work. If not, then you adjust. There is no magic formula, regardless of what everyone says. You have to find what works for your body. When you find it, stick with it until it doesn't work anymore and find something else. However, you have to give it time to work.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

i weigh and measure everything!! and track everything.... i gained 1lb a week at 2400 cals i should lose at 1800 cals. i burn around 300 cals a day(i usually only eat back some exercise cals. netting me at around 1600. my BMR is 1485 and my TDEE is around 2800

If you were gaining at 1lb a week, your TDEE would not be 2800, it would be closer to 1900.

You lost inches and still focusing on the number on the scale? Pick a plan, stick with it for a month and a half and then reevaluate