HELP!!! or i am leaving

Options

Replies

• Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Well, you said your goal was to gain mass, you did. You spent 4 months trying to put on weight and lived the life of gluttony it sounds like. "white bread twice a day" and "pigged out". Well, 2 weeks isn't going to cut it. Try spending that same 4 months busting your *kitten* on cardio, doing twice as much as you think you need, and working weights in to maintain (mid rep, same intensity, less weight), and eating clean for that full 4 months at a moderate level (less than you're burning). At that point, come back if no results.

My frustration here lies in that fact that someone who understands a 4 month "bulk phase" most likely understands a "cut phase" isn't going to take root in 2 weeks. In short, being the guy I am, it sounds like an excuse to eat your *kitten* off, and then looking to rationalize a way into an easy fix - which isn't gonna happen.

i dont eat my *kitten* off. i am very strict when it comes to eating and eat very clean. i didnt eat white bread i ate whole grain. the only time i slacked was my 10 day vacation which i felt was well deserved
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Leave

lol.

Go to a nutritionist or a trainer who knows what they're doing. None of us here (that I've seen) are actual professionals. You're better off asking them than a forum.

amen
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Well, you said your goal was to gain mass, you did. You spent 4 months trying to put on weight and lived the life of gluttony it sounds like. "white bread twice a day" and "pigged out". Well, 2 weeks isn't going to cut it. Try spending that same 4 months busting your *kitten* on cardio, doing twice as much as you think you need, and working weights in to maintain (mid rep, same intensity, less weight), and eating clean for that full 4 months at a moderate level (less than you're burning). At that point, come back if no results.

My frustration here lies in that fact that someone who understands a 4 month "bulk phase" most likely understands a "cut phase" isn't going to take root in 2 weeks. In short, being the guy I am, it sounds like an excuse to eat your *kitten* off, and then looking to rationalize a way into an easy fix - which isn't gonna happen.

i dont eat my *kitten* off. i am very strict when it comes to eating and eat very clean. i didnt eat white bread i ate whole grain. the only time i slacked was my 10 day vacation which i felt was well deserved

LMAO as if it makes a difference for weight loss if you eat white bread or whole grain bread
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    i have been at this for months!!! when i started cutting i stayed at 2000 cals for about 2months nothing happened so i dropped down to 1900. nothing was really going on after that for a month so i dropped down to 1800. i have been at 1800 no bread, way less sugar and more complex carbs for only about 2 weeks now

If you were bulking at 2400, then you need less than 2000 for a cut, as you maintenace would be below 2400 (probably in the 2000 to 2100 range.

I would suggest eating at 1700-1800 calories with your high protein intake doing your same routine. Try that for 3-4 weeks, if you don't see results change something up then. Changing one thing at a time is better for a period of a month or so, as you will pin point which change made the difference.

edited to add that you maintenance is 1900 so you need to eat around 1650 to lose 0.5lbs/week.
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Leave

Is this the only encouraging thing you could say???? NOT!!!! :frown:
  • erickirb
    Options
    i have been at this for months!!! when i started cutting i stayed at 2000 cals for about 2months nothing happened so i dropped down to 1900. nothing was really going on after that for a month so i dropped down to 1800. i have been at 1800 no bread, way less sugar and more complex carbs for only about 2 weeks now

You can't cut at 1800-1900 calories...unless you're working out a LOT. And it really has nothing to do with not eating bread, etc.. It is calories in vs calories out. Also, are you weighing every single bite you put into your mouth?

i weigh and measure everything!! and track everything.... i gained 1lb a week at 2400 cals i should lose at 1800 cals. i burn around 300 cals a day(i usually only eat back some exercise cals. netting me at around 1600. my BMR is 1485 and my TDEE is around 2800

If you gained 1 lb at 2400 your maintenance is 1900 (2400-500) so your intake should be 250 cals below that (1650) to lose 0.5 lbs/week.
  • FitForeverAgain
    FitForeverAgain Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    If you're still gaining, then you're still eating too much or not burning enough. Physics is physics, sister.

Energy In < Energy Out = Weight Gain

Pretty simple, but the solution isn't much fun. It means more hurt, more sweat, less yum. There are no mysteries to weight loss, just people who want something easier than the above solution.
  • acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Leave

this
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    i feel like you are trying to do too much too fast. focus on losing your excess fat first (and measure based on BF%, not what the scale says), and then when you are satisfied with your fat loss, or are at a point that you're stabilized, focus on increasing muscle. if you want more tips i would look up Rachel Mac on facebook. she's got a lot of useful info that people have successfully applied to their lives to achieve results.

but most importantly: stop trying to do it all at once, and so quickly. aside from not seeing the results you want, you're wreaking havoc on your body!

This. ^^ This is incredibly sound advice.

I copy and pasted an article for you before, I don't know if you ever read it, but here it is again:

http://www.jencomaskeck.com/2012/02/tick-tock-fat-loss-clock.html
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i have stuck to a plan for months. i bulked for 4months.... cutting has been going on for 3months. i started at 2000. when i didnt lose anything i lowered by 100. then by another 100 settling at 1800 cals. (i am happy here and dont feel hungry) I NET around 1600. alot of people i have talked to have had great results by eatin less sugar and more complex carbs (helping with bloating and showing more in the abs department) so i have started that and have been at it for 2 weeks now
  • Brechin89
    Brechin89 Posts: 92
    Options
    i am 25yrs old, mother of two (5 and 6). i am 5'7 and as of today weigh 148.8lbs. after being here for a while i decided i didnt want to just be skinny i wanted muscles. i went for a bulk/cut cycle. BIG MISTAKE!!! i bulked for 4months gaining 15lbs and 12 total inches. i bulked on 2400cals lifting heavy full body 3x a week/cardio 3x a week. then i started cutting. i dropped down to 2000cals and contuined my workouts. i wasnt losing so i dropped down to 1900 cals. still hardly a thing happened. i went on vacation to costa rica. april 9th for 10days. (weighed about 147) and couldnt work out (did alot of activities and walking though) and i piged out(no computer or phone= no logging) it was well worth it and i had a blast. got back home lowered my cals to about 1500 for a week to help make up for eating so much, then settled at 1800 cals. still doing my exericse routine. for almost two weeks now i have altered my diet by cutting out bread(i ate at least 2x a day) and replacing it with more complex carbs such as brown rice and oats. i started monitering my sugar ( i was ALWAYS over) and make sure i stay under 35grams a day. i aim for 180-200 grams of protein sometimes i even get in more. all i drink is water and my diet has been well under control since i got back. I am now back up to 148.8lbs and have only lost 2inches from my waist(at my bellybutton). What am i doing wrong???!!!!!

I have tried eating more, eating less, eating more protien, eating more clean, giving up foods, lifting more, running more, intervals, and still nothing. i have heard to get the toned, muscular look i want (goal is my profile pic) that i need to eat very low carb. i tried this for a day and i was hungry and super super super tired all day. i have seen others on here doing what i do and eating 12 pieces of bread a day and look like i want to......i just dont get what i am doing wrong and why nothing works for me. before i started on this sitei weighed 130lbs and ate whatever, whenever i wanted.

For a accurate answer, tell us what your workout routine is. What is your calorie deficit?

You want to be slim and toned. The "dream body" that it seems every woman wants.

Here is my best advice...

NO MORE HEAVY WEIGHTS!!!! Woman don't look good bulky in my opinion... Thats exactly whats going to happen if you keep lifting heavy and eating more than your burning. I would suggest circuit training and plyometics for your exercises. No weights needed, just do a google search on different body weight exercises.

Or just do p90x or insanity, when you do it, commit to it don't cheat yourself don't half *kitten* it... Just do it and get it out of the way. Once you mastered p90x pick up a different routine like the 300 workout...

Most important part is diet... Just watch your calories... I wouldn't go over 1400 if I were you. Take a dietary supplement to help with the food cravings, water also helps.
  • erickirb
    Options
    i have stuck to a plan for months. i bulked for 4months.... cutting has been going on for 3months. i started at 2000. when i didnt lose anything i lowered by 100. then by another 100 settling at 1800 cals. (i am happy here and dont feel hungry) I NET around 1600. alot of people i have talked to have had great results by eatin less sugar and more complex carbs (helping with bloating and showing more in the abs department) so i have started that and have been at it for 2 weeks now

Then give this another 3-4 weeks then re-evaluate.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Make a plan (an educated one), stick to it for 6 - 8 weeks, and re-evaluate. I've been on MFP for over a year and only over the past few months have I figured out what the hell is working for me! If your TDEE is actually 2800 (not sure where you got that number) then you would NOT have gained on 2400. If you did gain on 2400, then your TDEE isn't 2800. I would pick a calorie goal (maybe 1800 for now)....weigh, measure and log everything, then see what happens!
  • snuffmomma77
    snuffmomma77 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    try looking on bodybuilding.com, jamie eason has helped me alot, she has a weight/eating schedule thing on there I have started, but not 100% yet, she doesnt want you doing any cardio and i still have my trainer for another month, but I have started the diet well clean, protien packed eating yesterd and am still learning. maybe that can help. I want what you do to be tone all over and have the muscular look but not be like yucky mucles. Hope that helps. Dont leave!!! snuffmomma77
  • acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Nobody should have to convince you to continue using the site, it is a great site but the progress and results come from within. If you want to leave, do!
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Leave

this

Remind me NOT to come to you for support!

We're here to support one another,just in case you've forgotten!:grumble:
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    To the OP,you've gotten some great advice!

Don't give up,try some of the suggestions...and see what happens!:smile:
  • Paige_me
    Paige_me Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Have you talked to a personal trainer or someone who competes in figure competitions? My trainer is a Jr. National (women's) Title holder, certified cross fit instructor, and trains others for figure competitions, she is also working towards getting her Pro Card in body building, she was 17th at her last pro competition.
    I would suggest finding someone who has experience in building the body that way and work with that person on your fitness goals. I can give you guidelines for a "superhuman" diet that is strictly for building lean muscles and getting "cut". Also, these women that I train with do an at least an hour of cardio a day and weight train at least 4 times a week.

Also, MFP is a great overall tool but for specific goals it needs to be tweaked. MFP tells me as long as I workout I can eat more fat than I usually should and that if I burn 1000 calories in a workout I can eat 1000 extra calories. I disagree with that, most days I don't need that much food, at least not yet. After my wedding I will be starting to train for a figure competition and once that happens I'll be eating the "superhuman" diet and not caring about the scale number anymore. If the muscles are there, my figure looks great, I don't really care what the scale says.
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options

NO MORE HEAVY WEIGHTS!!!! Woman don't look good bulky in my opinion... Thats exactly whats going to happen if you keep lifting heavy and eating more than your burning. I would suggest circuit training and plyometics for your exercises. No weights needed, just do a google search on different body weight exercises.

So wrong... Nothing wrong with lifting Heavy for women... A womens body will NOT let itself get bulky like a man's body from lifting Heavy. Unless they are using drugs to help. Come up with better advice
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    For a accurate answer, tell us what your workout routine is. What is your calorie deficit?

You want to be slim and toned. The "dream body" that it seems every woman wants.

Or just do p90x or insanity, when you do it, commit to it don't cheat yourself don't half *kitten* it... Just do it and get it out of the way. Once you mastered p90x pick up a different routine like the 300 workout...

Most important part is diet... Just watch your calories... I wouldn't go over 1400 if I were you. Take a dietary supplement to help with the food cravings, water also helps.

wow - totally disagree here.

I lift heavy, I am a short 5'2", older women, I do P90X and P90x2 with heavy weights, low reps, and extra cardio, - and MUST eat at least 1500-1600 cals a day, with a free day once a week, or my weight loss stalls.

Have lost 60 pounds total, have increased muscle - DONT LOOK BULKY or muscly at all. Look fit, but nice, with softness on top of tight muscle.. No one ever guessed I use 50 lbs dumbells on some of my upper body routines.

But one can do a standard lifting routine of choice, with heavy weights, low reps, and get equally terrific results. Jamie Eason looks amazing when she is in her off season weight, with a slightly higher body fat then her competition bodyfat levels. She lifts pretty heavy. In season, she is more "muscley" - but that's because she is at a super low bodyfat range as required for her event. Thats not her everyday look.

If you are hungry you need to eat - not take supplements to starve yourself. Body needs fuel - yes the right fuel - which is your correct macro ranges. I must be sure my protein and carbs and fat are high enough to prevent craving - but no way do I want to starve myself and destroy my lean muscle and bones, hair and skin.