WARNING: TOUCHING THAT RECEIPT IS MAKING YOU FAT

Options

Replies

• LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    :glasses: Seriously, who, gives, a sh#@.

:love:
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    probably the PIZZA in the pizza boxes is making you fat too. IJS.
    g

Bullsh*t. Show me the research to back this up! It's clearly the box!

I'll second this~ it has to be the box and liner
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    On a similar level, there is a virus called adrenovirus which basically causes the symptoms of a cold, however, it gets into your lungs and spreads to adipocytes (fat cells) via the blood and through other tissue. It causes the lipid droplets that are inside the adipocytes to get bigger (i.e absorb more fat from your diet). This causes the cells to expand and eventually divide, the process is repeated until you get over the virus.

The problem with getting extra fat cells is you can't ever get rid of them. Through diet and exercise they can shrink and become almost no existent but are still their in the same amounts and will absorb fat from your diet, this is why people who lose a lot weight can but it on quite easily again but people who only put a tiny bit of weight on and lost it or never had the weight to begin with have a harder time gaining weight because they have less fat cells. Thus the virus has a permanent effect on you.

The worst part is the virus is not uncommon and causes you to gain enough wait over the 3 months its in your system that you got extra adipocytes. As it is a virus its obviously easily spread which means you can literally catch weight-gain/obesity off of other ill obese people.

[citation needed]
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I want to avoid the OP's gym. Cuts from the broken glass of her water bottle would make me angry.
  • rml_16
    Options
    On a similar level, there is a virus called adrenovirus which basically causes the symptoms of a cold, however, it gets into your lungs and spreads to adipocytes (fat cells) via the blood and through other tissue. It causes the lipid droplets that are inside the adipocytes to get bigger (i.e absorb more fat from your diet). This causes the cells to expand and eventually divide, the process is repeated until you get over the virus.

The problem with getting extra fat cells is you can't ever get rid of them. Through diet and exercise they can shrink and become almost no existent but are still their in the same amounts and will absorb fat from your diet, this is why people who lose a lot weight can but it on quite easily again but people who only put a tiny bit of weight on and lost it or never had the weight to begin with have a harder time gaining weight because they have less fat cells. Thus the virus has a permanent effect on you.

The worst part is the virus is not uncommon and causes you to gain enough wait over the 3 months its in your system that you got extra adipocytes. As it is a virus its obviously easily spread which means you can literally catch weight-gain/obesity off of other ill obese people.

Out of curiosity, I googled. Adrenovirus is a virus reptiles can get and something called adenovirus (which covers different viruses) is basically a tummy bug or a respiratory infection. Nothing about multiplying fat cells.
  • Jorra
    Options
    Out of curiosity, I googled. Adrenovirus is a virus reptiles can get and something called adenovirus (which covers different viruses) is basically a tummy bug. Nothing about multiplying fat cells.

I Googled it too. Found a particular adenovirus which can positively affect adipogenesis by upregulating and downregulating certain signal pathways. However, if a respiratory virus is infecting your fat cells via the blood stream, you've got bigger problems. Mainly, sepsis.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    As it is a virus its obviously easily spread which means you can literally catch weight-gain/obesity off of other ill obese people.
    OMG! ROUND UP AND QUARANTINE THE FATTIES!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Let's not forget, fat cells do die off when empty. So that whole rambling is pretty much just wrong on all counts.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I couldn't read that all through my tin-foil hat.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry,

I can't take anything serious that contains the word: obesogens
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options

Out of curiosity, I googled. Adrenovirus is a virus reptiles can get and something called adenovirus (which covers different viruses) is basically a tummy bug or a respiratory infection. Nothing about multiplying fat cells.

Dude, it was totally BroScience. Google doesn't know about BroScience.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    As it is a virus its obviously easily spread which means you can literally catch weight-gain/obesity off of other ill obese people.
    OMG! ROUND UP AND QUARANTINE THE FATTIES!

Oh no...I CAUGHT FAT!!!
  • Spooney45
    Spooney45 Posts: 76
    Options
    Out of curiosity, I googled. Adrenovirus is a virus reptiles can get and something called adenovirus (which covers different viruses) is basically a tummy bug. Nothing about multiplying fat cells.

I Googled it too. Found a particular adenovirus which can positively affect adipogenesis by upregulating and downregulating certain signal pathways. However, if a respiratory virus is infecting your fat cells via the blood stream, you've got bigger problems. Mainly, sepsis.

You don't get sepsis from viruses, you get it from bacteria
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I always double check my food to make sure no obesogens are hiding.
  • rml_16
    Options

Dude, it was totally BroScience. Google doesn't know about BroScience.

I always forget these things.
  • jennin2010
    jennin2010 Posts: 13
    Options
    LMAO
  • rml_16
    Options
    I always double check my food to make sure no obesogens are hiding.

Sometimes they jump out from behind trees and you can't avoid them.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    honey-badger-dont-care.jpg
  • Jorra
    Options

You don't get sepsis from viruses, you get it from bacteria

You have a point there. My point is, getting a respiratory illness into your fat cells is quite a feat. I did take the time to properly evaluate that study's methods either, so I can't say how legitimate it is.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Money also makes you fat. Send it all to me, and I'll dispose properly.