WARNING: TOUCHING THAT RECEIPT IS MAKING YOU FAT

Options

Replies

• kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, I googled. Adrenovirus is a virus reptiles can get and something called adenovirus (which covers different viruses) is basically a tummy bug. Nothing about multiplying fat cells.

I Googled it too. Found a particular adenovirus which can positively affect adipogenesis by upregulating and downregulating certain signal pathways. However, if a respiratory virus is infecting your fat cells via the blood stream, you've got bigger problems. Mainly, sepsis.

You don't get sepsis from viruses, you get it from bacteria

Whilst correct, it can be argued that a system affected by a virus will have a lowered immune response towards bacteria, thus making secondary bacterial infection more likely.

But mostly, I love the word "obesogen". Even if it's real, I will never be able to take that seriously! I actually clicked away from the thread the first time as an automatic response to reading it - must've triggered the quack centre in my brain, ho hum!
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    LOL...how bizarre.

Everybody probably touches these things every day and some people are fat and some people aren't ... the people that aren't eat well and exercise well...

I'm sure there is something in this research but I don't think it will make the blindest bit of difference relatively speaking. I am not going to be afraid of my receipts that's for sure!!!!

Interesting though!

:flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • xXmimiXx
    Options
    I'm sorry, I couldn't read that all through my tin-foil hat.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    As it is a virus its obviously easily spread which means you can literally catch weight-gain/obesity off of other ill obese people.
    OMG! ROUND UP AND QUARANTINE THE FATTIES!
    Oh no...I CAUGHT FAT!!!
    No, you caught the HOT DAMN MAMI virus.
  • des02_
    des02_ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sign. I wish it were receipts and plastic water bottles that made me fat; it would be much less painful to give them up. I have a sneaking suspicion that it was the ice cream, cake, frosting, yeast rolls, cheese fries, cinnamon rolls, and foot long subs that were my obesogens.

lol ikr
  • triinityz
    triinityz Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Let's not forget, fat cells do die off when empty. So that whole rambling is pretty much just wrong on all counts.

Wait, are they ever empty if they are made of fat? More details please :noway:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Maybe....but the worst are the "Sit on your *kitten*-atrons" emanating from computer screens everywhere.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    23.jpg
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Let's not forget, fat cells do die off when empty. So that whole rambling is pretty much just wrong on all counts.

Wait, are they ever empty if they are made of fat? More details please :noway:
    Adipose cells aren't made of fat. They store fat.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Maybe....but the worst are the "Sit on your *kitten*-atrons" emanating from computer screens everywhere.

OMF too funny. I think I caught that.
  • des02_
    des02_ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    ROFL!
  • xXmimiXx
    Options
    Money also makes you fat. Send it all to me, and I'll dispose properly.

LMAO! I have to stop reading this thread it's soo funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Oh no...I CAUGHT FAT!!!

i say "lol" a lot more than i actually "lol"...but this made me "lol" fo real :)
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    So, if I tell them to keep the receipt, I can eat the pizza and not worry about getting fat?! SCORE!!!

Seriously, the air you breathe and things that we POSSIBLY in no way can avoid and you are worried about minimal ink on receipts? You aren't supposed to lick them, you know
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    So, if I tell them to keep the receipt, I can eat the pizza and not worry about getting fat?! SCORE!!!

Seriously, the air you breathe and things that we POSSIBLY in no way can avoid and you are worried about minimal ink on receipts? You aren't supposed to lick them, you know

WHAT???!!!!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Wow. Amazing how many people feel the need to be snide. Including the poster who made the obnoxious "sitting on your *kitten*" comment. And to the person who thinks lass water bottles are a bad idea, check out lifefactory.com or takeya's water bottles. Both come with protective sleeves in case you drop them.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Not sure why you're acting so shocked that people didn't take your post seriously... The title pretty much sums it up...
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    Sign. I wish it were receipts and plastic water bottles that made me fat; it would be much less painful to give them up. I have a sneaking suspicion that it was the ice cream, cake, frosting, yeast rolls, cheese fries, cinnamon rolls, and foot long subs that were my obesogens.

I agree along w/ no physical movement and loads of jelly beans
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I want to avoid the OP's gym. Cuts from the broken glass of her water bottle would make me angry.

THIS! I'm surprised that a gym allows glass water bottles.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Wow. Amazing how many people feel the need to be snide. Including the poster who made the obnoxious "sitting on your *kitten*" comment. And to the person who thinks lass water bottles are a bad idea, check out lifefactory.com or takeya's water bottles. Both come with protective sleeves in case you drop them.

Where does one find a protective sleave for a Mason jar?