Ladies, Hair washing

Options

Replies

• skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    My hairdresser has always said tyo wash every 2 days and just wet inbetween and use conditioner , she also said to ALWAYS rinse in cool water it seals the ends s they dont look dry .
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! So funny you brought this up. I was thinking that i might cut a lot off of my hair. It is very thick, curly and to the middle of my back. I am drenched at the end of a workout and it takes me like 15-20 minutes to wash my hair while in the shower and probably another 5 just brushing it out after...............I don't really want to cut it, but all this exercise makes it gross and sweaty!!!!

funny! I was thinking the same thing...love long hair, just not practical!
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I use Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo in between washings. I try to only wash my hair every other day. They also have a deoderizing spray for hair that makes it smell great. I use the spray, but they also have a foam for curly hari.
  • insane5150
    insane5150 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Lots of great tips here!!! Looks like I have been doing it all wrong, lol.
  • kbc525
    kbc525 Posts: 149
    Options
    I work out 4-6x a week and my hair is soaked with sweat. I usually just rinse it with warm water in the shower, and then spray leave-in conditioner in it after my PM workouts.

I have to rinse it though... My hair is literally soaked with sweat.. if I left it alone and then used dry shampoo ... ugh, I shudder thinking of the results..
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Every other day. I do cardio one day and then weight training the next. I usually shower after cardio sessions as I sweat more than I do during weight training. I use shampoo and conditioner when I do shower. If I do need to shower once a day, I put a shower cap on to shield my hair if needed. :)
  • KimH313
    KimH313 Posts: 162
    Options
    I usually wash, blow dry and flat iron mine after the gym, wear a showercap the next morning, then i dont have to wash it in the morning at least. if i can get by though i will go with the dry shampoo after the gym. or there is always a ponytail!! summertime is coming, ponytails and buns look so nice!

:flowerforyou:
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I have oily hair so I wash it every morning. I do not wash it after my workout.
  • foxyhotgal
    foxyhotgal Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    dry shampoo!!!
  • akrnrunner
    akrnrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    nope. I will after i swim which is usually every other day but otherwise it drys my hair out too much
  • RoseRoiz
    RoseRoiz Posts: 95
    Options
    I wash it everyday!! and I also condition my hair, I have normal hair.
  • KettleBellHoe
    KettleBellHoe Posts: 161
    Options
    Yup dry shampoo is the way to go, never wash it everyday.
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My hair is super oily, I have got to wash it every day or I become an oil slick :(

I am so jealous of all of you who don't have to...I wish!

^this. I HAVE to wash my hair every single day. And if I work out, I will wash it a second time. I just don't feel clean if I shower and don't wash my hair.
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    I am natural so in our world we do COLD wash meaning just using the conditioner this help get the sweat out without messing with the oil in your hair
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I wash mine everyday but I work out twice a day so by the end of the last workout it really needs it. If I notice that it is getting dry I do a deep conditioning treatment on Sunday.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Like most everyone, I wash my hair every other day or if I get really sweaty, everyday. Usually, it drys my hair out if I wash it everyday. But if I am ever in a pinch where I don't have time to wash my hair and it is really oily, I use the old baby powder trick. And no one ever even knows :wink:
  • Jamidi
    Jamidi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have color treated hair so I use Pureology shampoo and conditioner every other day. Even if I work out, I wet my hair to and massage my scalp in the shower but I don't wash it. Then when it is dry I use dry shampoo. BTW, I am a total oil slick. I've just started doing this over the last couple of months and it's worked out good. I don't think my hair looks as good with dry shampoo as it does when I wash it but it's good enough.
  • redcut
    redcut Posts: 176
    Options
    ....Doesn't dry shampoo also remove natural oils
    yes it does I am a cosmetologist in other words I do hair and washing your hair a couple times of day does not have to be bad if you use the proper shampoo and conditioner I some times wash mine 3 times a day when i get up after working in the yard and after my work out my hair is down my back and very thick like I said it is all in how you take care of it . Just an opinion from a hairdresser
  • missprincessjenny
    missprincessjenny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My hair gets dry. When I'm hanging around the house and nobody cares I soak it in olive oil, tie it in a pony and let it sit for an hour. Shampoo really well.
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I usually wash every other day. If Im working out several days in a row I will just rinse all the sweat and funk out with water, it usually looks as good as fresh washed!