having PCOS and trying to diet HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
124»

Replies

• chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    So I have PCOS, insulin resistance, and hypothyroidism..talk about a perfect storm. I am currently on 1000 mg of metformin and 60 mg of armour thyroid.

I watch my carbs...usually no more than 120g a day...and those are either from veggies or fruit or whole grains. I dont eat processed foods...except on rare occasion.

I drink soda once in a blue moon...I eat lots of protein...and I work out 3 times a week lifting heavy weights. Its not hard..but losing will be slow...keep with it..you can send me a friend request if you need more info

Same here!!! Makes ya feel completely miserable doesn't it? My Dr and Nutritionist has cut me down to 45g of carbs and 120g of protein. It's hard sometimes to stay within that range. So if I mess up, I don't make it too hard on myself. I try to do my best. I have cut out soda, I drink Pepsi Max, which my Dr recommended. I work out 6 days a week, doing Zumbda. But need to add in strength training. Do you go to the gym? Do you have a trainer? I don't know where to start.

I would encourage you to look around and join a gym... try to find some like minded people.. I found spinning, and swimming. Am trying to become a runner.. started a running group with couch 2 5k..
  • MjDavis1981
    MjDavis1981 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym. I do Zumba 6 days a week. And also step aerobics.
  • macpheb
    macpheb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ok, I DO have PCOS and 2 LBS IN ONE WEEK? I would be JUMPING FOR JOY!! Don't be so hard on yourself - 2lbs in one week is good for anyone! ESPECIALLY someone that has PCOS...actually that's like almost unheard of!! LOL

:flowerforyou:

I couldnt agree more!! I have PCOS and insulin resistance and it would take me about 3 weeks to lose 2lbs, I run 3 miles everyday and all I eat is fruit, veg and lean meat! I'm jealous! You are obviously doing something right so keep going :)
  • cazkath96
    cazkath96 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    thank u very much :-D im really struggling with my exercise as ive really pulled my calf running its agony!! not confident to put a swimming costume on :-/ hell i'd scare everyone away ha
  • sophie_wr
    sophie_wr Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Actually you should put the swimsuit on !!!
    I'm a water person and love to go to the pool/the ocean, swimming is burning a lot of calories + it makes you feel good.
    And with 2 pounds less, you'll look awesome anyway :smile:
  • MelSzom
    MelSzom Posts: 9
    Options
    2lbs in one week is great, PCOS or not! Good job!