The lie she told me today...and what lie were you told

Options
13»

Replies

• LinzCurlyQ
    LinzCurlyQ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I lied to myself....I will only eat one cookie....YEAH RIGHT!
  • Fockertots
    Fockertots Posts: 221
    Options
    Just the tip.....

I have told this lie before and it amazes me how often it works

I'm usually the one saying this as persuasion.... he can never deny after that.
  • AandJsMommy
    AandJsMommy Posts: 314
    Options
    Oh honey come on it will only take a few minutes. Now i am running late.. Sheesh

Yeah, never heard that one before!

My 9 year old is going thru a phase - I could go on and on. The one I hear the most - "it wasn't me!"

^ this! My kids are 6 and 4, and I hear this one all the time!
  • DeckerDoll
    DeckerDoll Posts: 201
    Options
    Just the tip.....

...a strap-on?

I haven't actually talked to anyone today...but T.I. said I could have whatever I liked via Pandora this morning. LIEZ.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    from my hubbie, ":I only had 1 beer"......there are 6 emptys on the couter
    Your hubbie has a couter, and 6 empty beer cans fit in it? Wow!

hahahahaahahaahahahaahaaha
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    She thought I couldn't see what she was doing while she was hiding behind the refrigerator door. But in the crack I saw her take the cap off the milk & drink it right out of the jug, even heard her swallowing it. She closed the door and said she was just looking for her lunch box. But I told her I saw her & heard her drink the milk . I hate being lied to, even if it is by a 10 year old that I'm watching (in her house) and most likely I won't bring it up to the parents.

What lie have you heard today?

For me, there's a BIG difference between a 10yo kid lying to me (because they are scared of getting punished, for example) and an adult lying to me. A child needs to be taught not to lie and that might be an ongoing process into adulthood. Once you're an adult you are SUPPOSED to be responsible and mature enough to "man up" with maybe the exception of white lies told to prevent from hurting someone's feeling unnecessarily.

If my child lies to me today, I will try to do my best to teach them not to lie.
    If an adult lies to me today, I doubt that I will continue to trust them. I have no time for friends who are still children.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Son: I didn't do it!

Me: Then why are you covered in my bubble bath?

Son: Doggie-Dog did it (his stuffed dog).

Four year olds are fun. You want one? Slightly used.

AWWWWwwwww.... Too cute!!
  • Fockertots
    Fockertots Posts: 221
    Options
    Just the tip.....

...a strap-on?

I haven't actually talked to anyone today...but T.I. said I could have whatever I liked via Pandora this morning. LIEZ.

hahahahahahahahahahhaha.
    No.
    I want sex.
    He says we don't have time.
    I say we do for just the tip.
    Sex ensues.
  • LaSiciliana
    Options
    OMG...i'm cracking up right now!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    Options
    I so wanted this to be more scandalous. :ohwell:
  • DeckerDoll
    DeckerDoll Posts: 201
    Options
    Just the tip.....

...a strap-on?

hahahahahahahahahahhaha.
    No.
    I want sex.
    He says we don't have time.
    I say we do for just the tip.
    Sex ensues.

Haha I know =P I just couldn't resist slipping in "...a strap-on"

Now this is just getting worse.
  • RDalton84
    RDalton84 Posts: 207
    Options
    Planning a baby shower for a friend with another friend and we were talking about how much we had spent on stuff. A couple weeks ago she told me she has spent $35 on balloons for the shower ( why you would spend that much I have NO idea SMH) well then today she forgot that she told me that and said that she hasn't ordered them yet because she was waiting to see if she could find them cheaper and I called her out on her lie she lied AGAIN saying she didn't say she had already paid for them. LIAR!! lol I still have the original text in which you DID say you spent the money! If you are going to lie at least get better at it for real lol
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I was told that Alli worked wonders to help me loose wait. Now I can't stop sh*tting my brains out.
    wholly crap
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    a daily lie from both my boys. "It wasn't me" or "Insert name of Sibling" did it!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    My 9 year old is going thru a phase - I could go on and on. The one I hear the most - "it wasn't me!"

Mine, too. And she's an only child. "Who else could it be, then? The CAT?"