Can anyone suggest replacements for bread and potatoes?

Options
1235»

Replies

• LORIMCX
    LORIMCX Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    As you cut out carbs you will crave them less and less, High fiber bread is very satisfying
    Potatos, there is no replceing them, I love them. but only allow myself 1 baked potato
    a week. Steamed califlower with butter is alot like potatoes.
  • ukloveme
    ukloveme Posts: 125
    Options
    I eat cous cous and rye bread
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I make sandwiches with Arnolds Multigrain Sandwich thins which are only 100 calories. For mashed potatoes...you can substitue cauliflower.

^^^^^this^^^^ my in laws do atkins pretty regularly, and my SIL used to bring "mashed faux 'tatoes" to thanksgiving. If done correctly, they taste pretty darn good! and the texture can be almost the same....
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hey guys

I'm fairly new here and i find it a struggle to cut down my carbs! I'm eating more protein, but find it hard to cut out bread and potatoes, can anyone suggest replacement's or any advice? I swear i will turn in to a slice of bread the way i'm goin!

Thanks in advance :wink:

TBH, you don't have to cut out all breads. You want 100% whole grain/whole wheat breads for nutrients and fiber you can get from them, not to mention, they are a filler, and help you fill up. Potatoes aren't so bad either, but I think it depends on who you ask... :happy: Try sweet potatoes, or if you want "mashed potatoes" without the actual potatoe? Try using cauliflower... I've been told it's like potatoes, but I'm not so convinced... :smile: You don't want to completely cut out the things you love, if you do, you'll never stick to it. Allow yourself some things - in MODERATION. :happy: I'm having to learn this myself...