A food that people might think is gross that you love

Options

Replies

• sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    Raw squid.... cavier...and LOVE me some asparagus!
  • theladyy
    theladyy Posts: 176
    Options
    Brussel sprouts!

Love them, even though they smell like a huge fart...
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    Mustard and potato chip sandwiches... have to be made with French's yellow mustard, Ruffles, and plain ol' white bread. It's been my favorite treat ever since I was little :smile:

That sounds delicious
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    All of my "weird" vegetarian foods, especially the fake meats. I eat black bean burgers fairly often and I once had a server in a restaurant look at me like I was from another planet when I ordered one. It's just black beans, people! It's not made of some disgusting foreign material!
  • browneyez27
    browneyez27 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    anchovies! and blue cheese (not together :P)
  • theladyy
    Options
    Or I used to eat my rice with ketchup :)

Black eyed peas, rice and ketchup is big in my family...and a lot of others where I live. Not for me though...I don't eat a lot of ketchup on anything.
  • 1grammie
    1grammie Posts: 163
    Options
    Love cheese with apples.

peanut butter sandwich with lots of crispy lettace.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches comprised of a layer of peanut butter, a thin layer of cheese and half a can of tuna mixed with mayo and vinegar.

Corned beef and tomato sauce.

Tuna mixed with baked beans and broccoli.

Mushrooms and cheese on toast.
  • theladyy
    Options
    All of my "weird" vegetarian foods, especially the fake meats. I eat black bean burgers fairly often and I once had a server in a restaurant look at me like I was from another planet when I ordered one. It's just black beans, people! It's not made of some disgusting foreign material!

Wait...why would the server look at you funny if it's served at the restaurant they're working at?
  • SkinnieFinnie
    SkinnieFinnie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hmm... foods I love are:

chicken livers
    calf fries (some people call them Rocky Mountain Oysters)
    boiled crawdads
    raw oysters
    deer
    dove
    rabbit
    emu

There are so many more, I can't think of them right now. I love food.. all of it. Someone tell me why I'm fat again? LMAO! :laugh:
  • trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Brussel Sprouts

Arby's curly fries dipped in Arbysauce+horseradish (1/2 and 1/2)

A lot of dried red peppers in anything remotely appropriate (all rice dishes, pasta, pizza, asian or indian food etc.)

TONS of black pepper in any soup. (Take the cap off of the shaker and pour about 3 teaspoons on teh top of a small cup of clam chowder or similar)
  • theladyy
    Options
    Mustard and potato chip sandwiches... have to be made with French's yellow mustard, Ruffles, and plain ol' white bread. It's been my favorite treat ever since I was little :smile:

That sounds delicious

They're very good. Except I don't put mustard on them...and it's best with Sunbeam sandwich bread.
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of gross foods, but a lot of people have negative things to say about white castles!

Gimme them sliders, baby! Haha nothing better when you're drunk! Or sober, to me!
  • guamSUPERgirl90
    Options
    On my island, we call it Getmon. Thats the white cartilage from bones. I prefer chicken getmon or baby ribs getmon. Theres no taste to them really. Probably love it cause the texture and the crunch if it is cooked correctly.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    i put vinegar on my cabbage rolls and sugar on sliced tomatos :) yummy.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options

Wait...why would the server look at you funny if it's served at the restaurant they're working at?

Right?! I have no idea. Maybe she'd never had someone order one before. She actually just wasn't very friendly in general.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    BEETS! I love beets!
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    not gonna lie some of these sound pretty strange and i often wonder how people came up with these pairings. but i will try anything once. mine are not all that weird (to me anyway) but noone else i am around eats healthy so i always get weird looks.... i love sald with chicken, onion, tomato, cottage cheese, black beans, tons of pepper, and rotel cilantro with lime juice.
    before MFP i put ketchup on everything and a TON of it. i used like 1/2 a bottle for a side of fries!!! i put it on chicken, steak, fries, potatoes, sandwiches.....YUMMY
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I really like, gizzard, and okra.. not together...or maybe together...I might try that.....
    I also like eating lemons with some salt...and i can eat tomatoes like apples...also with salt yuuum
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    salt and vinegar potato chips on white bread with bbq sauce.
    peanut butter and hazelnut spread on a sammich.
    vegemite...

choc mint milkshakes!! you would be surprised about how many people give you disgusted looks when you order one of those.