How long do you ladies run?

Options

Replies

• conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I started C25K last August. The longest I could run was 5 min w/out stopping. I now run for about 2 1/2 hours. I've completed 5-6 5k's, a 10k trail run, 2 5 mile cross country runs and in April two half marathons. And I'm 43 yrs old. I'll be running my first marathon on Oct 7th.

You can do anything you set your mind to. Keep running until it's not hard, which is about mile 4. When your breathing settles, your heart rate slows down and your muscles are warm...I call it the "Golden Mile".

I do not run really "fast"...it doesn't matter how fast or slow...just run..enjoy it! You're lapping A LOT of people sitting their *kitten* on the couch!
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I am training for a 20k right now. Tuesdays & Thursdays I run 5 miles. Saturday is my long run (10 miles this Sat). After my 20k I will scale back to my usual 3-4 miles during the week and 6-8 miles on Saturday. That is nonstop run/jog at about 10 minutes a mile.
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty in shape and training for a ten k, so my mileage right now is about 35 miles a week. I do several 5 mile runs, a tempo or speed work adding up to about 7 miles, and a long run 13-14 miles.
    I love to run! But no matter how much you do, keep it up. It only gets better!

This seems like training for a half marathon, not a 10k. I would say you've met the training for the 10k and should just go for a half!
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    I find that 15 minutes is all I can do. Im jogging the whole time though. Anyone?

on my long runs right now 8-10 miles...so about 1-2 hrs and on my shorter ones between 30-50 minutes...your getting there and doing just fine, give it more time and you will be running longer and longer! I started out at 2 minutes this last summer and now I am up to 2 hrs some days...it just takes time, and don't worry about trying to run fast just run nice and easy and learn to enjoy being in the great outdoors...or even indoors on the treadmill if that is what you prefer...
  • ahoag_83
    ahoag_83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have FINALLY made it to 5K! Running my first race on Sunday. It takes me about 32 minutes to run that, so I'm not very fast!
  • trishobr
    trishobr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Until the ice cream truck stops
  • MajaRie
    MajaRie Posts: 6
    Options
    50 minutes non stop 3-4 times a week
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    30-75 minutes...never less than 30.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Depends on where I'm at in race prep... my long runs can be anywhere from 5 - 12 miles. My weekly runs typically don't go past 5. My guess is that you're running too fast. Slow it down a bit, run every other day, and try to add on an extra minute each time. You'll get there. At one point, I couldn't run 1/4 mile (like, 3 minutes) without wanting to jump off a cliff!
  • TakeMyTai
    TakeMyTai Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I run a 10k about once a weekend (or ever other) and it takes me about 1 hour and 10 -/+ minutes. On average though I run daily from 30 - 50 minutes depending on the route.

Sunday I did a 10k, Monday I went on a 10 mile bike ride, Tuseday I ran a 10k and today I ran only 2.5 miles - So it varies :/
  • just4u_cara
    just4u_cara Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My mind has to be in it with me or It feels more like a struggle to finish.

This is me, on the treadmill. I can only jog for 1 min before I need to walk again, but I've only just begun to try jogging. The first good day of jogging, I think I did 15 separate minute jogs, out of an hour on the treadmill. Really wore me out, too...I felt like I had the flu the next day with all the body aches.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I ran a 12-miute mile with no walk breaks for the first time last week. Right now I comfortably do running intervals for 6-12 minutes (depending on the c25k workout) for approx 3 miles.
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I've been doing C25K and so have been able to get up to 28 minutes continuous. I haven't checked my distance yet.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    My long runs are 17-18 miles, working in the next few weeks up to 20. I'm about 4 miles not counting recovery on interval days - and 6-10 miles on my tempo runs. I bike about 25 miles 2x per week as well.
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Just depends what I have time for. On weekend mornings and I have no plans, up to an hour. After work, evenings usually 30-35 minutes. I'm slow too but more in it for the calorie burn, distance, and just clearing my mind.
  • amh1974
    amh1974 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am doing the couch to 10K program on my iPhone. It gradually takes up your time through intervals of walking and running. I'm starting week 7 tomorrow and I will do a 20 minute run with a 5 minute warm up and cool down. I love the program! I was one of those people who likes to run but I tend to over do it one day and be so sore the next that I can't keep to a schedule. I have not been sore at all! I feel strong and better than I have in such a long time.
  • MicheleVersion2
    Options
    Right now I am doing the couch to 5k plan. I am on week three, so I can't run for very long at once. 3 minutes is about all I can run without stopping to walk, but hopefully the c25k will fix that! :)
  • bac0s
    bac0s Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a half marathon. I'm up to about 1 hour 15 minutes right now for my long runs.
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    up to 30 minutes now
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    5 hours. That's my longest marathon time. :-p