Spotting at 6 weeks?!..Ladies is this normal

Options
apierce2010
apierce2010 Posts: 78 Member
Ladies i really would appreciate some input that would ease my mind....I'm approximately 5 to 6 weeks preg and for 2 weeks now i've been having some spotting off and on...my dr says it's normal and my first HCG level was 208 and the second was 817...which is really good!! But it's been gradually getting less and less spotting but this morning it was more and right much sorry to be graphic but brown dischargey stuff in the toilet and then next time a few red drops!!! I got really upset and worried and call the dr's office but the only thing they could do is draw another thing of blood for my HCG level which the results won't be back til tomorrow but has anyone else experience this?

Replies

• apierce2010
    Options
    Thanks in advanced for the help ladies!!
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options
    If your hcg levels are increasing that is GREAT!! Yes, I did spot with both of mine. I know this is gross but color is important. From what I was told it shouldn't be bright red!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I know how worried you must be! This happened to me during my first pregnancy. Pretty much what the OB told me was, "You're either going to miscarry, or the bleeding will stop and you won't". Not much help. I was just told to take it easy and see what my body would do. Everything was okay for me, but I know I could have miscarried, too. I hope you're okay!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    If you had sex the day before, it might cause some spotting.
  • apierce2010
    Options
    If your hcg levels are increasing that is GREAT!! Yes, I did spot with both of mine. I know this is gross but color is important. From what I was told it shouldn't be bright red!

Thanks so much!!! you don't happen to remember what week the spotting started to slow down or stop do you? I was expecting it like the first week but now that it's still going and got a little worse it worries me cause i've had on mc and so now everything freaks me out! Thanks again!!!
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    It's normal. I didn't even realize I was pregnant the 3rd time right away because I had what looked like a normal period during the first month of my pregnancy!
  • apierce2010
    Options
    Thanks so much ladies!!! I've been thru one mc and so this is really worrying me and i know the stress and worrying don't help the spotting but i just can't help it with everything i've been thru!!! Thanks ladies and any prayers would be appreciated!!!
  • apierce2010
    Options
    It's normal. I didn't even realize I was pregnant the 3rd time right away because I had what looked like a normal period during the first month of my pregnancy!

Thanks this makes me feel a little better!!! Just so worried about it to begin with but then stuff like this just makes it worse!!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Praying!
  • apierce2010
    Options
    My Dr also put me on progesterone....have any other ladies been put on progesterone pills or cream? My Dr said she puts everone on it for the first trimester.
  • apierce2010
    Options
    Praying!

Thank you soooo much!!! I have so many people praying for me!!!! I just hope God sees fit to let this be the little miracle i've been praying for ever since i started trying!!!!
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    If it is red you should call your doctor.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    My mom had normal periods through the fourth month on all four pregnancies. I had spotting with my first - with brown and red. There really isn't anything you can do right now but wait. Find something to keep yourself busy, calm and as happy as you can.
  • LilGiselle21
    LilGiselle21 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 ydd...when I was pregnant with her I got my AF the first 5 months I was lucky to find outi was pregnant at 6 weeks(went to get birth control) and I still freaked out every month cause it's just not "normal".
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I do hope you have called your doctor. they may want to do an ultrasound. It was not okay or "normal" for me.
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    If you had sex the day before, it might cause some spotting.

This. Your cervix changes a bit when you get pregnant. I must've been in the ER once a week with my first cause I was spotting all the time. Nothing ever came of it though.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Yes, call the doctor for bright red spotting. They can do a vaginal sonogram at this point. They did one on me to check things. Ask your doctor for it...because it will give you peace of mind which is what you need. Best wishes to you and your bambino!! :flowerforyou:
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me both pregnancy's, its normal!
  • craigh04
    craigh04 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me at 6 weeks and it was actually off and on until I got into my second trimester. I found if I tried to do too much it happened as well. I think brown is good, it means that it's dried blood. I am now 26 weeks pregnant and all looks good. I would just try and take it easy and no heavy lifting or exercising until it stops.

My dr did send me for an ultrasound at 6 weeks and than again at 9 to be sure, he didn't do an internal because he didn't want to disturb anything or cause a miscarriage.
  • LilGiselle21
    LilGiselle21 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It's been a while but I do think that if it's bright red always call the dr.