Spotting at 6 weeks?!..Ladies is this normal

Options

Replies

• apierce2010
    apierce2010 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies soooooo much!!!!! I guess all i can do is pray pray pray and relax as much as possible!!! I feel a little better now!! I've had no cramping so i'm hoping this is a good sign and that my levels have gone way up when i get the results tomorrow!!!
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'd go to the doctor. I spotted with my daughter, but then I spotted in my second pregnancy and miscarried :( Now no more babies for me - too emotionally destructive.

The hormones should definitely help. Best wishes to you!!!
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options
    If your hcg levels are increasing that is GREAT!! Yes, I did spot with both of mine. I know this is gross but color is important. From what I was told it shouldn't be bright red!

Thanks so much!!! you don't happen to remember what week the spotting started to slow down or stop do you? I was expecting it like the first week but now that it's still going and got a little worse it worries me cause i've had on mc and so now everything freaks me out! Thanks again!!!

For me with both of my girls it was around week 8, doctor said it was "break through" bleeding. My coworker just had her baby last week, and she had spotting off and on the whole time. Again the color and amount is very important. It should be dark, and just spotting. Not bright red!
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    My Dr also put me on progesterone....have any other ladies been put on progesterone pills or cream? My Dr said she puts everone on it for the first trimester.

I was just about to mention this.

OK, I have 6 kids. I spotted with 3 of them. 1, 5, and 6.

Brown blood is old blood.

Child 1, I stopped bleeding after 1st trimester and could have sex normally.

Child 5 I bled a lot. I cried and cried. My OB put me on progesterone pills for the first trimester. It stopped the bleeding. Now, with him...if we had active sex (I had no sex first trimester) I spotted...so we had to go very easy.

Child 6, I started spotting again, so OB put me on progesterone for 1st trimester. No more bleeding. And could have normal sex after 1st trimester with 6th child.

All 6 kids (even the babies that I bled with) were perfectly healthy and BIG! So, it is sooo very scary, but the progesterone will help the spotting.

Just take it easy and let your body and new baby adjust. Take your prenatals too!! Congrats on your new little bundle growing inside of you!!!

You can PM me if you have anymore questions.

Holy crap woman! You have 6 kids and look like that?? Good for you!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • apierce2010
    Options
    I'd go to the doctor. I spotted with my daughter, but then I spotted in my second pregnancy and miscarried :( Now no more babies for me - too emotionally destructive.

The hormones should definitely help. Best wishes to you!!!

I know what you mean by emotionally destructive!!! I said today after this no matter what happens no more cause it's too hard on me!!! It makes me sad because i don't have any children but maybe i'm just meant not to have any. Thanks for the best wishes!!
  • apierce2010
    Options
    If your hcg levels are increasing that is GREAT!! Yes, I did spot with both of mine. I know this is gross but color is important. From what I was told it shouldn't be bright red!

Thanks so much!!! you don't happen to remember what week the spotting started to slow down or stop do you? I was expecting it like the first week but now that it's still going and got a little worse it worries me cause i've had on mc and so now everything freaks me out! Thanks again!!!

For me with both of my girls it was around week 8, doctor said it was "break through" bleeding. My coworker just had her baby last week, and she had spotting off and on the whole time. Again the color and amount is very important. It should be dark, and just spotting. Not bright red!

Thank you so much!! I'm just praying that everything keeps going well!!
  • mummytobeslim
    mummytobeslim Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    sorry you are experiencing this .I hope all is well ,spotting in early pregnancy can be normal I have had four pregnancies 2 ending in mc both around 11 ish weeks .I spotted slightly with both of them but sadly things didn’t work out ,any pain or spotting just make sure you get checked ,they say brown blood is old blood but bright red or heavy needs checking .One friend off mine had period like bleeding for two weeks and everything was fine .Try not to worry as it is quite common just listen to your body and take it easy .I have never been offered hormones with any off my pregnancies ,never heard off it to be honest x
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

I spotted at 6.5 wks when I was PG with my son. And it was definately more than spotting...it was pretty much all out bleeding. I had a Vag Ultrasound and everything was fine. As long as your levels are going up and you're not cramping (are you?), I would try to take it easy and just call your DR. Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot you can do at this point. Get your levels taken again and see what they say.
  • PottyMrs
    PottyMrs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Spotting is completely normal, some people have an implantation bleed around 4wks hence why many don't realise they are pregnant until about 8wks as they mistake the implantation bleed for a period. If the blood is dark or brown then it's old blood and nothing of concern, it's our body getting rid of old lining. But if it's red, as in fresh blood red, then see your doctor ASAP
  • 012345emma
    012345emma Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    hi luv when i was pregnant with my second daughter i spotted n i panicked the hospital sent me for an early scan now with my son i was 8 weeks and i lost quite a lot of thick red blood again i went to the hospital were i had an early scan n everytin was fine my son is now 17 months old and my daughter 5 n they are both really healthy.i was told this can happen and just to take it easy .x
  • apierce2010
    Options

I spotted at 6.5 wks when I was PG with my son. And it was definately more than spotting...it was pretty much all out bleeding. I had a Vag Ultrasound and everything was fine. As long as your levels are going up and you're not cramping (are you?), I would try to take it easy and just call your DR. Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot you can do at this point. Get your levels taken again and see what they say.

Thank you soooo much!!! and no i haven't had any cramping and i've been taking it easy for the past week but i did do about 2 miles of brisk walking yesterday but i was scared to do that today during my lunch break!! I had my blood drawn this morning and levels will be back tomorrow so i'm praying hard that they've gone up!!!!
  • apierce2010
    Options
    hi luv when i was pregnant with my second daughter i spotted n i panicked the hospital sent me for an early scan now with my son i was 8 weeks and i lost quite a lot of thick red blood again i went to the hospital were i had an early scan n everytin was fine my son is now 17 months old and my daughter 5 n they are both really healthy.i was told this can happen and just to take it easy .x

Thank you soooo much it has eased my mind some!!!!! I'm hoping when my levels come back tomorrow that my levels have gotten up to 1400 so my dr will a ultrasound!!!
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I know how worried you must be! This happened to me during my first pregnancy. Pretty much what the OB told me was, "You're either going to miscarry, or the bleeding will stop and you won't". Not much help. I was just told to take it easy and see what my body would do. Everything was okay for me, but I know I could have miscarried, too. I hope you're okay!

same great bedside manor from my DR... my spotting was at 6 months continued the whole last trimester.. he will be 15 Nov 9th :)
    try not to worry relax ... breathe stress isn't good.. as long as your levels are escalating the baby is developing as it should.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Just a point of order...Im not sure I would classify this as Chit Chat or fun and Games LOL.

I would definitely check with your OBGYN instead of a message board. Just my advice
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    I had spotting for the first 3 months with all 3 of my pregnancies. My ob said it was because I had some weak blood vessels on my cervix and they would break and bleed. I have not had any miscarriages, this was just the normal way my body behaved.

I wouldn't worry at all if I was you. The more research you do the more you will worry yourself, just relax and enjoy!
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    I cramped and spotted the first tri with my twins (the cramps were actually quite brutal... the little buggers were digging in DEEP!) :tongue: And the digging (ok, "implantation" lol) displaced the blood... hence the spotting. I was terrified, but they came out fine, and I am praying yours will too!!!

Please let us know you're both okay! :flowerforyou:
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    My friend just had spotting and the doctor thought she may be miscarrying but it turns out it was a tubal pregnancy. They waited too long and it ruptured. She had that tube removed. I don't want to scare you and this is just information for you. Prayers for you and your wee little one
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Your doc is going to be way more valuable than MFP advice, but I figured I may as well hop on the bandwagon of women sharing their experiences.

When I first got pregnant, I had heavy spotting, went to the ER, and they told me pretty much that I was either miscarrying, or it would stop and all would be well. Well, I miscarried. But then 2 months later, had more strange symptoms, and then really REALLY bad pain. After passing out in my apartment twice, I finally went to the ER, and found out I had an ectopic pregnancy that had burst and needed emergency surgery.

The moral of the story is, I assumed I had miscarried a single baby, and didn't follow up with my doc. I almost died because the ectopic wasn't caught early enough and I never thought 'twins!' and got tested after the initial miscarriage. So, my biggest wish for you is that everything is fine and dandy, but don't assume anything. See your doc (I know you're waiting on blood results now) and FOLLOW UP.

On the flip side, however, my sister had heavy spotting through her entire pregnancy with all 3 of her daughters; it's normal for her body. Everyone is different. Another good reason to let your doctor do the talking here!!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    My sister in law spotted a good bit with her first pregnancy and had not subsequent issues. However, if you are worried, it is never a big deal to call your OB/GYN. They get calls all the time about all kinds of stuff. Seriously I WORE the phone lines out when I was pregnant with my two. If your doctor has an issue with it they should have become a pathologist. Call, it will easy your mind.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I know of women who had a "period" through their entire pregnacy, so it can happen. I hope all your tests come back OK.