Spotting at 6 weeks?!..Ladies is this normal

Options

Replies

• macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Just a point of order...Im not sure I would classify this as Chit Chat or fun and Games LOL.
    It's female chit-chat.
    I would definitely check with your OBGYN instead of a message board. Just my advice
    She did check with her doctor.....before she even posted this. Sometimes it helps to hear you're not the only one and that it could be okay. None of our experiences will change hers, but if it offers her some comfort, then who cares?
  • apierce2010
    apierce2010 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank you all sooo much!!! I follow up with my dr very closely i was just curious if others had experienced things like this and I will let ya'll know if everything is ok when i find out! Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences, thoughts, concerns, positive vibes and most of all PRAYERS!!!
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about something. People have asked if it's been happening after sex, but what I'm wondering is has the spotting corresponded at all with the exercise you do? I notice you do Zumba, and thought perhaps that amount of activity might be a little strenuous for you at the moment. Have you spoken with your doctor about exercise and diet?

When I was pregnant for the third time (1st child born fine, 2nd pregnancy miscarried) my ob/gyn told me to eat healthy and well balanced meals to keep the gain under control and avoid too much snack food, but she also said during pregnancy is not the time to try to lose weight. She also told me the only exercise she wanted me to be doing was walking (I walked every day about 4 miles at a brisk pace, but not strenuous) and regular house cleaning, etc, because of my previous miscarriage history. This 3rd pregnancy went well, and 2nd child born fine. I'd check with your doctor to see what their thoughts are in your case.
  • apierce2010
    Options
    Just a point of order...Im not sure I would classify this as Chit Chat or fun and Games LOL.
    It's female chit-chat.
    I would definitely check with your OBGYN instead of a message board. Just my advice
    She did check with her doctor.....before she even posted this. Sometimes it helps to hear you're not the only one and that it could be okay. None of our experiences will change hers, but if it offers her some comfort, then who cares?

Thank you!!!! That's exactly all i needed was some stories of people who have experinced it that could ease my mind a little!!!
  • apierce2010
    Options
    I'm curious about something. People have asked if it's been happening after sex, but what I'm wondering is has the spotting corresponded at all with the exercise you do? I notice you do Zumba, and thought perhaps that amount of activity might be a little strenuous for you at the moment. Have you spoken with your doctor about exercise and diet?

When I was pregnant for the third time (1st child born fine, 2nd pregnancy miscarried) my ob/gyn told me to eat healthy and well balanced meals to keep the gain under control and avoid too much snack food, but she also said during pregnancy is not the time to try to lose weight. She also told me the only exercise she wanted me to be doing was walking and regular house cleaning, etc, because of my previous miscarriage history. This 3rd pregnancy went well, and 2nd child born fine. I'd check with your doctor to see what their thoughts are in your case.

My dr also told me that i could do walking and easy things if i felt like it but i haven't done zumba for awhile i know i haven't done it since i've been preg. I did have a brisk walk for about 2 miles yesterday and was wondering if the bleeding could be coming from that so i'm not going to walk for awhile to see if that helps!! And i've been eating more and healthier since i found out! I've been trying to do everything possible to keep this baby and keep it healthy!! Thanks for your advice!!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    GO SEE A DOCTOR
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I had spotting with my first pregnancy, but not the other 3. I called my midwife and she ordered an ultrasound and I got to see the heartbeat, so I felt much better. I was also told that it can be normal. I did not have any bright red blood, though. I think it's good that you're taking it easy.

Prayers for a healthy pregnancy for you and baby! :)
  • apierce2010
    Options
    I had spotting with my first pregnancy, but not the other 3. I called my midwife and she ordered an ultrasound and I got to see the heartbeat, so I felt much better. I was also told that it can be normal. I did not have any bright red blood, though. I think it's good that you're taking it easy.

Thank you for the Prayers!!!! When you're this early on there really isn't a whole lot they can do!!! She said when my levels got to 1400 she would do a ultrasound and i think that will ease my mind quite a bit!!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I spotted about 6 weeks with mine. It was very, very light but being young, it put me in a panic! I was told it was normal to spot a bit around the time of my period. If you've had issues before, I'd call your dr.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    GO SEE A DOCTOR
    READ THE THREAD!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    GO SEE A DOCTOR
    READ THE THREAD!
    Thank you! :drinker:
  • apierce2010
    Options
    GO SEE A DOCTOR
    READ THE THREAD!

LOL Thanks!!!! Put a smile on my face!! Men don't understand...lol bless their hearts!!
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    GO SEE A DOCTOR
    READ THE THREAD!
    LOL Thanks!!!! Put a smile on my face!! Men don't understand...lol bless their hearts!!
    Hey -- I'm a man. I got it! :angry:
  • LHudson53
    LHudson53 Posts: 126
    Options
    Brown is good! That means it is OLD blood, not new!!!!!
  • apierce2010
    Options
    GO SEE A DOCTOR
    READ THE THREAD!
    Hey -- I'm a man. I got it! :angry:

Sorry I was typing it in a rush and i meant to say Some Men dont' understand....sorry!! Thanks for sticking up for me though!!
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options

Thank you for the Prayers!!!! When you're this early on there really isn't a whole lot they can do!!! She said when my levels got to 1400 she would do a ultrasound and i think that will ease my mind quite a bit!!

I honestly don't know what my levels were when I was spotting. I was probably about 8 weeks along - she said it was around the normal time I would have gotten my period, which was why I was spotting. I will be praying for a big number when your labs come back tomorrow!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Seriously, people, she makes it very clear in her first post that she's been to the doc and is waiting results of blood tests. She just wants some reassurance that others have experienced this.

Gah!
  • apierce2010
    Options

I honestly don't know what my levels were when I was spotting. I was probably about 8 weeks along - she said it was around the normal time I would have gotten my period, which was why I was spotting. I will be praying for a big number when your labs come back tomorrow!

Thank you so much and i will post on here what the results are! I hope they are really high so maybe i can relax a little bit!
  • apierce2010
    Options
    Seriously, people, she makes it very clear in her first post that she's been to the doc and is waiting results of blood tests. She just wants some reassurance that others have experienced this.

Gah!

Thanks and EXACTLY!!!!!
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    Sorry I was typing it in a rush and i meant to say Some Men dont' understand....sorry!! Thanks for sticking up for me though!!
    No worries. I was kidding. Congrats on your pregnancy and best wishes!