Are you buying new clothes?

Options
124»

Replies

• LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Luckily for me, a few years ago, my sister-in-law started her weight loss journey and SAVED ALL HER CLOTHES!!! We started out at the same weight... so she's just been passing all her clothes to me, and guess what, we have the same kinda style!! - I am SOoOOoOoo blessed - otherwise I'd be sitting here NAKED!
  • kuregisto
    kuregisto Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I haven't completely scrapped my wardrobe, but I did finally break down and buy some new jeans. The "skinny" jeans I'd held onto for ages finally got to the point that I could just slip them off if I wasn't wearing a belt. ...On that note, I had to buy some new belts, too. One too many new holes punched in my old ones yielded enough excess belt that I could tuck the loose end into my pocket.

Shirts are the next problem, and I can't put that off much longer either. But in both cases, I'm only picking up a few things so I can wait for the big shopping trip at (or near enough) my target.

Good problems to have. Congrats on reaching the point that you have to consider this an issue :)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Buy a few on the cheap. From the clearance rack. But if you have some sort of special occasion, I'd go and get something nice and not too expensive.

I tend to have a lot of knot clothes, so those can work a little longer than the fitted stuff. Pretty much all of my work clothes do not fit well at the moment, but I work from home and have been lucking out that I don't have any travel.

One thing I recommend buying: bras, underwear and workout clothes. It is just too annoying when these do not fit well. (I am pretty busty, so it is noticeable if I am wearing the wrong sized bra)
  • IPRybot
    IPRybot Posts: 1
    Options
    The jig is up. My wardrobe has gotta go!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Yes I buy new clothes every 2-3 weeks as I like being in style with recent trends, not to mention I loooove shopping and it's extremely therapeutic for me.

I still have about 30 more pounds to go but I get bored with my dresses fast so I donate them every 3ish months or so, therefore I trade out my "old" clothes no matter if I'm losing weight or not.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I bought the bare bones minimum to get by while losing. Fortunately I had a lot of clothes from just after college, before I got fat, that I never threw out, a whole new wardrobe waiting once I got close to my goal weight. Though I am still a bit light on pants. However I got through the loss part and now can shop for longer term items.

Though the new issue I've run into is that hardly any of my workout clothes fit anymore. Not that I need them to fit perfect, a little big is fine, but most are way too big.
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    For me, buying new, smaller sized clothes helps to keep me in check.

If I go too long 'being bad' and not exercising, I can feel my clothes getting tighter and work to get them feeling 'comfy' again.
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    after my 40 pounds lost I have since slowly bought more and more new clothes as I need them.

but now some stuff I bought in the new sizes are loose.

I mean, it is a good thing, but I don't want to have to keep buying new clothes.

even if I don't lose a lot of weight in numbers I still get skinnier, which mean most clothes start to get looser and looser.

sigh. first world problems
  • striveforhealthy
    striveforhealthy Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm buying a bunch of clothes memorial day weekend. (SALES!) I have to lol. I literally have one pair of pants that fit and maybe 2 shirts. Everything else is non-flattering and makes me look frumpy.
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty close to my goal weight so I'm buying new clothes :)
    I went from a size 31 to a size 26 pretty quickly so my clothes don't fit at all anymore.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom, so I don't need a whole lot of clothes. I buy a couple of pairs of jeans and a few shirts as I need them. I don't spend a lot of money on new clothes that will end up being too big for me, but I look good while I'm in the process of losing weight. Baggy/loose clothes make you look bigger than you are, which can be frustrating.
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I buy new jeans as soon as the current too big pair get annoying from being pulled up all the time. Shirts I will wait a while before buying. I will say, I buy new things on sale and as cheaply as possible since for the most part, I won't be wearing them very long. The longest I've kept a pair of jeans in the last 2 years is 6 months.
  • penney88
    penney88 Posts: 32
    Options
    buy dresses! who likes pants anyway?
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Make clearance racks your best friends. I just bought 7 pairs of pants, a shirt and some jammies today and they were all only $1 each. It was pretty awesome. And I won't feel bad if I 'shrink' out of them, because they were cheap! :D
  • hcorbin29
    hcorbin29 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I kept a lot of my clothes from the upward journey so I've been wearing a lot of those clothes. I really get a kick out of buying new jeans though. I've bought two new pairs so far from TJ Maxx. It makes me feel super good to see the sizes go down so I figure $20 is well worth that feeling. I haven't bought much of anything else because I don't want to spend the money on it yet plus, I'm only down 25 lbs so I've got quite a ways to go. Best of luck! And yes, clearance racks and thrift shops are your friend ;)