TIRED..PLATEAUD...SCALE NOT MOVING !!!FOUND MY ANSWER !!!!

Options

Replies

• 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    I am a post ( surgical ) menopausal 32 yr old woman and I have been plateaued for almost 2 mos :cry: .... No matter how hard I try nothing is working.... I just went to fitnessfrog.com and I am going to give this a try....Wish me luck ! I am desperate to get down to 150 lbs. ...I dont feel like myself and havent for a very long time! I used to be a very confident person and now ...WELL ...IM NOT ! Too many parts of my life are being affected and I need to do this...Thanks for all the info..:happy: .

REPLY....I encourage you to join the group EAT MORE TO WEIGH LESS to learn more about eating more.

YES...plateuas can be mentally and physicall exhausting. At some point if everything you have tried has failed it allows
    you to have a willingness to try something NEW ... My goal is also 150 lbs.

Here are some great videos from EM2WL group that are very helpful.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nepewrLE_eE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9OHXUywyO4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6j43Y-EIss
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oa7kZxp2EU&feature=plcp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYi9xjIRvbY&feature=g-all-u
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwvJDMi7KTk
  • norabeth
    norabeth Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    This is the seriously the THIRD time TODAY I have seen this...and even though i have lost inches, and down almost 2 sizes, i've been in a scale plateau for nearly a few months. JUST started today trying to figure out maintainence cals etc to eat more... trully ghoping this kicks things into gear...thanks for all the great info!!!
  • BusyBeBe
    BusyBeBe Posts: 20
    Options
    Saving for later...
  • Minu135
    Minu135 Posts: 48
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    This is the seriously the THIRD time TODAY I have seen this...and even though i have lost inches, and down almost 2 sizes, i've been in a scale plateau for nearly a few months. JUST started today trying to figure out maintainence cals etc to eat more... trully ghoping this kicks things into gear...thanks for all the great info!!!

REPLY: YOUR WELCOME...CONGRATS ON A 94 lb WEIGHT LOST...
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    What is this witchcraft? :D
  • baycat107
    baycat107 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    bump...I'm onboard!
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    What is this witchcraft? :D

REPLY:
    THE ANSWER IS NO !!!
    AND IM SURE YOU KNEW THE ANSWER ALREADY !!!
    FOR THOSE WHO HAVE TRIED THE LOW CAL METHOD AND WERE UNSUCESSFUL .THIS THREAD JUST MAY HELP....
    YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED DIET DELIMAS.
    THESE ARE YOUR WORDS FROM YOUR PROFILE COPIED AND PASTED BELOW...

QOUTE :

I've tried all kinds of supplements and crap in the past to lose weight, and SHOCK-HORROR, none of it worked! This time around, I'm losing weight the slow and sensible way with a properly calculated calorie intake and strength training - HURRAH!

I recently reset my ticker because I was initially crash-dieting on a 1650 calorie intake set by MFP and stalled out after 2 weeks and 4lbs. Now, I'm up to 2700 a day and losing fat with minimal muscle loss.

I've tried Paleo eating and I can recommend it as a good starting point if you're confused about 'clean-eating' - but the best thing for you to do is eat nutritious foods and track your Carb, Fat and Protein intake properly.

To work out your own healthy weight loss / muscle retention plan, head to www.fat2fitradio.com/tools and make use of the Military Bodyfat Calculator and the BMR and Calories calculator - take their recommended intake according to your activity level and you should be good to go! If you're working out hard, change your goals to have Carbs as 40% of your intake, and fat and protein at 30% each!
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    bump...I'm onboard!

REPLY:
    THATS GREAT !!!!
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    bump. very iteresting. I would need to eat 1840 daily (tdee) 1574 (bmr)
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi, can someone please explain this to me.

Mine is 2129 - but I don't understand how I can lose weight on this amount when I didn't even eat that much before trying to lose weight.

The online calculator thing isn't really custom fit to each individual. My guess is that it takes average and do some math on those numbers. It could be your actual number is totally different. I like the idea of the other poster did. She wore a HRM from the moment she jumps out the bed and until she goes to sleep. She actually captured how many calories she burned for real. I think I am gonna try this method to figure it out.

I've worn my bodybugg for the last 5 days or so and couldn't believe how many calories I burn in a day. Anywhere from 2200 to 2700. Which means 1200 to 1400 calories is way to low for me! Yay!
  • Kmsnomaha
    Kmsnomaha Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    Hi, can someone please explain this to me.

Mine is 2129 - but I don't understand how I can lose weight on this amount when I didn't even eat that much before trying to lose weight.

The online calculator thing isn't really custom fit to each individual. My guess is that it takes average and do some math on those numbers. It could be your actual number is totally different. I like the idea of the other poster did. She wore a HRM from the moment she jumps out the bed and until she goes to sleep. She actually captured how many calories she burned for real. I think I am gonna try this method to figure it out.

I've worn my bodybugg for the last 5 days or so and couldn't believe how many calories I burn in a day. Anywhere from 2200 to 2700. Which means 1200 to 1400 calories is way to low for me! Yay!

REPLY:
    YES !!!! HOW MUCH WE ACTUALLY BURN CAN BE SHOCKING... SO MANY ARE UNAWARE OF THIS .... THAT'S WHY ITS SO IMPORTANT TO FUEL OR BODIES WITH ENOUGH FOOD...UPON DOING THIS THE BODY WILL EVENTUALLY LET GO OF THE WEIGHT AND FAT IT SO DESPERATELY HOLDS ON TOO BECAUSE ITS NOT GETTING ENOUGH FOOD !!!!

CONGRATS ON YOUR 59 LB WEIGHT LOST......
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    bump. very iteresting. I would need to eat 1840 daily (tdee) 1574 (bmr)

REPLY:

Take your tdee and subtract 15% from it and thats what you should be eating.
  • Kindone
    Kindone Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    After not really seeing much loss at all on the scale following 1200 pretty religously, I think I will read more on this.