TIRED..PLATEAUD...SCALE NOT MOVING !!!FOUND MY ANSWER !!!!

Options

Replies

• dnnmccloud
    dnnmccloud Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Absolutley!
  • Luella70
    Luella70 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bumping this! :)
  • skinnykimmy2013
    Options
    this blog have me thinking i was doing everuthing wrong ..this is soo soo very helpful im about to order my body media i want to know here im at and exactly what to do as this is a lifetime journey not just for a month are when i reach my goal.

thank you thank youi
  • patty43ck
    patty43ck Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    BUMP! Thanks for posting this. Have been doing 1200 and it has started to make me grumpy. Need to make sure I am eating the right stuff though. Is there a guide for eating (like times of day or when to eat certain foods)? My BMR is 1527 and my TeDee is 2367. Subtract the 15% and I get roughly 2000.
  • marjen002
    marjen002 Posts: 112
    Options
    After reading this thread, and doing some more research, I feel like my eyes are finally open. I have been gaining and losing the same few pounds for a while now and could not figure out why.

I'm often hungry throughout the day but was afraid of increasing calories again...I had started at 1200, increased to 1300, and was recently between 1450-1500, so I couldn't conceive of increasing it anymore and still plan on losing weight, right?

But then I read this thread and took a look at me Net Calorie report for the past 30 days and was surprised at what I saw. I have been netting about 1000 calories per day, some days a lot less!

Now that I know my (approx) BMR is 1521 & my TDEE is 1927, I have re-calculated my calorie goals. If I have this correctly, my new calorie goal is 1638 and I need to ensure that I do not eat below my BMR of 1521. Does that sound about right?

I have only done this for two days, but I am very much enjoying not being hungry. :) Plus, I figure I wasn't consistently losing weight anymore, so what's the harm?
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • 010Elle010
    010Elle010 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bumb
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    This is very awesome and wonderful that it is working for you!

I am going to look into this ... thank you for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • Now0rNever
    Now0rNever Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump until i can figure out how to do this i will try it lol
  • 1234getgoing
    Options
    That whole idea of your body going into starvation mode, if you did not consume enough calories just blew my mind. It is so true though! The less calories I consumed the less I lost. I have found my perfect calorie intake now, and combined with excersize I am actually losing for the first time in 4 years! I have found my balance. Thanks for the post!
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    After reading this thread, and doing some more research, I feel like my eyes are finally open. I have been gaining and losing the same few pounds for a while now and could not figure out why.

I'm often hungry throughout the day but was afraid of increasing calories again...I had started at 1200, increased to 1300, and was recently between 1450-1500, so I couldn't conceive of increasing it anymore and still plan on losing weight, right?

But then I read this thread and took a look at me Net Calorie report for the past 30 days and was surprised at what I saw. I have been netting about 1000 calories per day, some days a lot less!

Now that I know my (approx) BMR is 1521 & my TDEE is 1927, I have re-calculated my calorie goals. If I have this correctly, my new calorie goal is 1638 and I need to ensure that I do not eat below my BMR of 1521. Does that sound about right?

I have only done this for two days, but I am very much enjoying not being hungry. :) Plus, I figure I wasn't consistently losing weight anymore, so what's the harm?

Answer ............Answer....

HELLO...YES YOU ARE CORRECT...
    WHEN YOU GAINING AND LOSING THE SAME POUNDS IS BECAUSE OF TO FEW CALORIES. THAT HAS HAPPEN TO ME. YOU WILL HAVE TO RAISE YOUR CALORIES. ONCE YOUR BODY IS ASSURED IT WILL BE FUELED ENOUGH THE WEIGHT WILL START COMING OFF AGAIN.THATS WHERE CONSISTENCY IS VERY IMPORTANT. OUR BODIES ARE HIGHLY ADAPTABLE. BUT....WHEN YOU FIND OUT HOW TO WORK WITH IT AND NOT AGAINST THE JOURNEY WILL BECOME EASIER...

ITS A FRIGHTENING PROCESS BECAUSE WE RATIONALIZE THE FACT THAT OVEREATING GOT US HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. SO THERE IS THAT LITTLE VOICE THAT KEEP SAYING NO...DON'T DO IT....THAT'S WHAT I EXPERIENCED BEFORE GOING UP IN CALORIES.

FINALLY I DID IT AND BAM !!! THE WEIGHT STARTED COMING OFF AGAIN. AS A MATTER OF FACT I JUST RAISED MY CALORIES TO 2200 YESTERDAY WHICH IS ONLY A DEFICIT OF 154 FROM MY TDEE .
    AND OF COURSE I EXERCISE AND BURN CALORIES. FOR SOME THEY SAY THE DEFICIT NEEDS TO BE ATLEAST 500A A DAY TO LOSE A POUND A WEEK...NOW A MAGAZINE SAYS A STUDY WAS DONE WHERE WOMAN WITH ONLY A 300 A DAY DEFICIT LOST MORE WEIGHT THAN THOSE WITH A 500 A DAY DEFICIT....WHICH CONCLUDES THE ONES THAT FUELED THEIR BODY MORE HAD BETTER RESULT ALTHOUGH SCIENTIFICALLY IT MAKES NO SENSE.

I SAID ALL THAT TO SAY THIS....EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. WEIGHT LOSS CAN NOT BE A STRICT SCIENTIFIC FORMULA FOR EVERYONE. EVERYTHING ON THE JOURNEY CAN BE TWEAKED TO FIT YOUR PERSONAL NEEDS. SOMETIMES WE WRESTLE WITH CHANGE SO LONG BECAUSE IT ..........JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.......I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE READING IF YOUR NOT LOSING ARE LOSING AND GAINING THE SAME LBS. ......TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT EVEN IF YOU MAY NOT UNDERSTAND IT ALL.
    I DID...AND IT WORKED !!!!
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    That whole idea of your body going into starvation mode, if you did not consume enough calories just blew my mind. It is so true though! The less calories I consumed the less I lost. I have found my perfect calorie intake now, and combined with excersize I am actually losing for the first time in 4 years! I have found my balance. Thanks for the post!

Hi...Thanks for sharing...That's the magic word....BALANCE...
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I have been debating about trying this method. I don't want to live off of 1200 calories a day for the rest of my life! It's not a happy place for me, so I would just gain the weight back. Eating closer to 2000 calories a day, you don't have to feel like you're on a diet. My question is, what are your workouts like? I did some of the calculations the other day and got my BMR and TDEE. But then they were telling me to not do as much cardio... I'm just trying to figure out what kind of routine is going to work for me so I can keep losing, and not go crazy trying!

Who said anything about staying on 1200 calories for life?

It is only until the excess weight is shed, then you go onto maintenance, which is a higher amount of calories.

Personally, eating more to weigh less does not work for me, I have lost my 28lbs via the 1200 calories per day route.
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    I have been debating about trying this method. I don't want to live off of 1200 calories a day for the rest of my life! It's not a happy place for me, so I would just gain the weight back. Eating closer to 2000 calories a day, you don't have to feel like you're on a diet. My question is, what are your workouts like? I did some of the calculations the other day and got my BMR and TDEE. But then they were telling me to not do as much cardio... I'm just trying to figure out what kind of routine is going to work for me so I can keep losing, and not go crazy trying!

Who said anything about staying on 1200 calories for life?

It is only until the excess weight is shed, then you go onto maintenance, which is a higher amount of calories.

Personally, eating more to weigh less does not work for me, I have lost my 28lbs via the 1200 calories per day route.

Hi...Di3012...

I see your very opionated. I noticed you had 1,669 post. Congrats on your weight lost. It has been stated this is not a one size fit all journey. Thanks for your input although its highly irrelevant here... We are promoting eating more to weigh less. But thanks anyway.
  • knotme38
    knotme38 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • beachlover718
    Options
    bump
  • newdaynewlife
    newdaynewlife Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bump. Great stuff and thanks for sharing!! Is working for me and it's so great not to be starving! :-)
  • alfie1313
    alfie1313 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bump....
  • 12333beth
    12333beth Posts: 31
    Options
    I net about 500 calories a day usually, eating like 800-1100 and sport, and I refuse to eat more then 1200 so if i ate 1200 would it work similarly??... ahh
  • 12333beth
    12333beth Posts: 31
    Options
    not 500 a day thats ridiculous, i meant 700 ishh