Replies

• pammypk1
    pammypk1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Bravo :) bump bump bump...GO AF!
  • Alj0108
    Alj0108 Posts: 5
    Options
    Actually I'd say at least 90% of all the advice was very good and solid.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Actually I'd say at least 90% of all the advice was very good and solid.

So 2.8 of them, let's call it 3, are not sensible. Which three?
  • fatmom51
    fatmom51 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I prefer these three:

1. Eat what you like and make it healthy 80% of the time
    2. Do exercise you enjoy
    3. Make sure 1 and 2 leave you at a sensible calorie deficit

Definitely!
    These are the rules that REALLY make sense. Make healthy choices in the quantities needed to maintain, gain, or lose, depending on your needs; drink an adequate amount of water (for most it's about 1/2 per pound of body weight and can even include some of the water in foods they eat); get moving to burn off the calories; don't deprive yourself too much or you'll crash and burn; and find an eating plan you can live with the rest of your life, because you're going to have to keep eating for the rest of your life.
  • Frenique9
    Frenique9 Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, I see more negative feedback than positive but please allow me to say that EVERYONE will do what works best for them, tips are simply a peek at what worked for someone else. Your take on the battle with the bulge is appreciated ( by me anyways) Some things may seem extreme for some but I do know what you meant by 99% of the list, the 1% that tickled me was the 4L of water lol woooow!! But I do aim to drink at least half of my body weight in ounces of water throughout the day...Have a great day and thanks :)
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    1. Always eat a green vegetable with every meal

2. Eat over 100 grams of protein per day

3. Post-Work Out you should have protein and carbs like two scoops of whey and a high fructose fruit like a banana

4. Don't use artificial sweeteners (or use the minimum amount)

5. No trans fats

6. For fat loss eat less than 100 grams of carbs per day

7. If you have MORE than 50 pounds of fat to lose, eliminate your carbs

8. Women never eat less than 1200 calories per day.

9. Guys never less than 1600 calories

10. Don't use diet pills, thermogenics or any product some one endorses

11. Don't do cleanses or stick anything up your butt for weight loss (90% of cleanses are retarded)

12. Don't eat carbs before bed

13. Eat at least 4-5 times throughout the day

14. Your biggest meals should be breakfast, lunch, then dinner, not the other way around

15. Fat loss is easier if you eliminate gluten, cow dairy, soy, sweeteners

16. Drink at least 4L of Water Per Day

17. The latest you can eat is 1 hour before bed

18. Drink 3 Cups of Loose Leaf Green Tea Per Day

19. Don't exceed 30 grams of carbs per meal for fat loss

20. Take at least 6 grams of fish oil per day

21. Drink 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar

22. Not all saturated fats are bad. Eggs, goat butter, coconut oil are great

23. Its better to not cheat

24. Focus on quality instead of quantity

25. Get at least 30 grams of fibre per day

26. If its white, it ain't right. Bread, pasta, sugar, bagels

27. Eat Out as Little As Possible

28. Ronald Mcdonald is an A**hole

A lot of good tips here, good reminders as well. I agree with Frenique9, do what works best, and if you don't like something, then don't force yourself ( I don't like green tea). I love water. Probably get close to a gal of fluids a day from water, fruits, and veggies. Thanks for the reminders, tips and common sense. Don't hate the haters. They have their own set of guidelines that work for them, just may need to brush up on forum etiquette.
  • biddie1
    biddie1 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    skip numbers 1, 4, 6, 7,12,13,14,15,17,18,19,20,21,25,26,.

and 28, It's not Ronald's fault
  • chattipatty2
    Options

Dave, not to be rude. But you have said your peace. The OP was very clear that these were tips. Take from it what you like, leave the rest, but no need to bash a topic. Not good forum etiqutte IMO
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

Dave, not to be rude. But you have said your peace. The OP was very clear that these were tips. Take from it what you like, leave the rest, but no need to bash a topic. Not good forum etiqutte IMO

it isnt "bashing" a topic to let people know that these tips are outdated and or just flat out wrong and of no value from a weight loss/health perspective. Why follow these tips if they are of no value? This lifestyle can be a difficult one to transition into, no need to pollute the mind with these worthless "tips".
  • chattipatty2
    Options

it isnt "bashing" a topic to let people know that these tips are outdated and or just flat out wrong and of no value from a weight loss/health perspective. Why follow these tips if they are of no value? This lifestyle can be a difficult one to transition into, no need to pollute the mind with these worthless "tips".
    Dave, you are speaking for yourself. You are not spreading any news that people haven't already deciphered for themselves. Now I'm not gonna comment anymore, except to say you have spoken your peace on several comments. You can have the last word, but...keep in mind, that you are losing respect with every negative comment you make.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

Dave, you are speaking for yourself. You are not spreading any news that people haven't already deciphered for themselves. Now I'm not gonna comment anymore, except to say you have spoken your peace on several comments. You can have the last word, but...keep in mind, that you are losing respect with every negative comment you make.

I'll keep that in mind. But you are judging me and not the content of my posts, That is not allowed here..
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Dave198lbs, ChattyPatti, please, can't you see that this barnyard animal noise guessing game is tearing us apart?

Now, I want both of you to just take a deep breath, tell yourself no one wants to be the bad guy, and follow Guaranteed Weight Loss rule number 21: drink 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.

I know what you're thinking - usually, someone like a doctor might say quaque die, bis in die, ante cibum, etc. All sorts of sciencey, Latin, meaningless bull. That's all horse hockey! To lose weight, it's just important that you drink 1 TBSP of apple cider vinegar. Whether 350 pounds or 90 pounds, whether all muscle or all fat . . . . . acetic acid has ALWAYS been the key.
  • Lissette_Brooks
    Lissette_Brooks Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    1. Always eat a green vegetable with every meal

2. Eat over 100 grams of protein per day

3. Post-Work Out you should have protein and carbs like two scoops of whey and a high fructose fruit like a banana

4. Don't use artificial sweeteners (or use the minimum amount)

5. No trans fats

6. For fat loss eat less than 100 grams of carbs per day

7. If you have MORE than 50 pounds of fat to lose, eliminate your carbs

8. Women never eat less than 1200 calories per day.

9. Guys never less than 1600 calories

10. Don't use diet pills, thermogenics or any product some one endorses

11. Don't do cleanses or stick anything up your butt for weight loss (90% of cleanses are retarded)

12. Don't eat carbs before bed

13. Eat at least 4-5 times throughout the day

14. Your biggest meals should be breakfast, lunch, then dinner, not the other way around

15. Fat loss is easier if you eliminate gluten, cow dairy, soy, sweeteners

16. Drink at least 4L of Water Per Day

17. The latest you can eat is 1 hour before bed

18. Drink 3 Cups of Loose Leaf Green Tea Per Day

19. Don't exceed 30 grams of carbs per meal for fat loss

20. Take at least 6 grams of fish oil per day

21. Drink 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar

22. Not all saturated fats are bad. Eggs, goat butter, coconut oil are great

23. Its better to not cheat

24. Focus on quality instead of quantity

25. Get at least 30 grams of fibre per day

26. If its white, it ain't right. Bread, pasta, sugar, bagels

27. Eat Out as Little As Possible

28. Ronald Mcdonald is an A**hole

I love this! Ronald is a wicked A HOLE BTWZ! lol
  • chattipatty2
    Options
    Dave198lbs, ChattyPatti, please, can't you see that this barnyard animal noise guessing game is tearing us apart?

Now, I want both of you to just take a deep breath, tell yourself no one wants to be the bad guy, and follow Guaranteed Weight Loss rule number 21: drink 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.

I know what you're thinking - usually, someone like a doctor might say quaque die, bis in die, ante cibum, etc. All sorts of sciencey, Latin, meaningless bull. That's all horse hockey! To lose weight, it's just important that you drink 1 TBSP of apple cider vinegar. Whether 350 pounds or 90 pounds, whether all muscle or all fat . . . . . acetic acid has ALWAYS been the key.
    LOLOL LOVE THIS!!!
  • Legals81
    Legals81 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Here's a good diet tip: Eat real food that was once living, whether it grew out of the ground or grazed upon it or swam in the sea. Drink lots of water. End of story.

LOVE This!

Love this too. Nice and simple.
  • rswood62
    rswood62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shygg
    shygg Posts: 1
    Options
    Yay more bull**** for the masses to feed into. DONT EAT LESS THAN 1 HOUR BEFORE BED, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD IF YOU DO THAT YOU WILL INSTANTLY GET FAT! Brb starve myself for 2 days in a row and then eat 1 tablespoon of sugar (omg not carbs, WHYYY????) 1min before bed - by the time I wake up I will have gained at the very least 2kg bf.