• Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    hell, where it belongs

^^^LOVE IT^^^ BOOM ! :explode:
  • macnotes
    macnotes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Since our fat cells just shrink, I think liposuction would be a great idea once I get down to my goal weight :D Just kidding, I'm not that vain....and besides, I might need those fat "backpacks" for storage later...when I'm in "starvation mode" ha ha ha
  • THayesTeamNoXQS
    THayesTeamNoXQS Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Fat goes bye bye when you burn it right!! Turn it to muscle.

fat-vs-muscle.jpg
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure that up until recently ALL of your lost fat went straight to my *kitten*. Now, I am going with Meredith's Narnia conclusion.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    O my god I ask this question continuously.

^^^ Me too!!!
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I think mine goes to Cleveland.

Crap! So that's where all of mine came from!
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Fat is broken down into small molecules with biochemistry and fed into the Kreb Cycle to produce ATP. ATP is a high-energy molecule that is then broken down to provide chemical energy for the body.

Thus, in many ways, fat is "burned" to produce chemical energy.

And like all fuels, when burned, there are bi-products left over. CO2 is a common bi-product and is probably where the idea comes that you can breath yourself thin (you can't).

But the basic, simple answer is that fat becomes something else. It doesn't stay 'fat'. It's broken apart just like carbs and proteins are.

For the record, it is NOT excreted in your poop... any fat that's in your feces was never digested in the first place. It did not enter your body and then leave again.

It is also NOT excreted in your urine... at least not as fat. Tiny bits and pieces may be excreted in the form of sodium bicarbonate.... but not all carbon in sodium bicarbonate comes from fat, so it is incorrect to say that you pee out fat.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Actually the fat cells don't go anywhere.

They just shrink in size.

Sadly, once you've formed those extra cells by being heavy they are with you for life. Just smaller.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Some fat is burnt and some is excreted.

High-calcium dairy fats for example, will bind to other fats and these go straight out to the can! :bigsmile:
  • renwicker
    renwicker Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I think mine goes to Cleveland.

"Cleveland, come see both of our buildings.
    Our main export is crippling depression."

Sorry, couldn't resist
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Fat is broken down into small molecules with biochemistry and fed into the Kreb Cycle to produce ATP. ATP is a high-energy molecule that is then broken down to provide chemical energy for the body.

And like all fuels, when burned, there are bi-products left over. CO2 is a common bi-product and is probably where the idea comes that you can breath yourself thin (you can't).

But the basic, simple answer is that fat becomes something else. It doesn't stay 'fat'. It's broken apart just like carbs and proteins are.

For the record, it is NOT excreted in your poop... any fat that's in your feces was never digested in the first place. It did not enter your body and then leave again.

It is also NOT excreted in your urine... at least not as fat. Tiny bits and pieces may be excreted in the form of sodium bicarbonate.... but not all carbon in sodium bicarbonate comes from fat, so it is incorrect to say that you pee out fat.

Science, for the win!!!!

I love being frieds with such smart people :bigsmile:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

Smarty pants.
  • Shollin243
    Shollin243 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    So I've been trying to increase my bowel movements for nothing?
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    Options

That's what I was gonna say too!! Here's the article for those who don't want to click the link:

Question
    Body fat: What happens to lost fat?
    When you lose weight, where does the lost body fat go?
    Answer
    from Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D.

To understand the answer, it helps to remember that fat is basically stored energy. Your body converts fat to usable energy for your muscles and other tissues through a series of complex metabolic processes. This causes your fat cells to shrink.

These metabolic activities also generate heat, which helps maintain your body temperature, and waste products. These waste products — water and carbon dioxide — are excreted in your urine and sweat or exhaled from your lungs.

This thread has had me giggling quite a bit too... I LOVE the idea of willing my fat to the people I dislike... and the idea that it goes to Narnia :laugh:
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    It doesn't go anywhere. Fat cells just shrink.

yea but how do they shrink? like I would assume that the fat inside these cells leaves causing them to shrink. where does such fat go???
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    hell, where it belongs

:laugh: Love this
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    where all of my chapsticks I lose end up... missing near the depths of hell. :laugh:
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Question
    Answer
    To understand the answer, it helps to remember that fat is basically stored energy. Your body converts fat to usable energy for your muscles and other tissues through a series of complex metabolic processes. This causes your fat cells to shrink.

These metabolic activities also generate heat, which helps maintain your body temperature, and waste products. These waste products — water and carbon dioxide — are excreted in your urine and sweat or exhaled from your lungs.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/body-fat/AN01327
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Question
    Answer

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/body-fat/AN01327

didn't noticed someone else posted this already
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Didn't I read that you pee it out???