Girls - make-up help please - foundation!!!

Options

Replies

• 4rgl
    4rgl Posts: 106
    Options
    If you have oily skin you need primer, preferaby a mattifying primer.
    I use Make up forever primer and make up forever photo hd foundation with nars pressed powder. all available at sephora.

I'm a server/bartender and it gets hot working in a restaurant, plus lots of running around and it says put all day.
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options
    Mac products work really well. I actually just purchased 2 products, that youd use under foundation. I dont like the heavy feel of a foundation, so i use "studio fix" powder, applied with a good brush not the sponge they provide.

(excuse the boobs, its boobie friday)
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! xxx
  • DellG85
    DellG85 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi hun!

I would say try using a primer before applying your make up to help it stay in place, both Urban Decay and Benefit do some excellent primers. Think even some of the more mid-market brands such as L'oreal and Bourjois do primers also but Im not sure how good they are as I've never tried them. Ive used Mac Studio finish foundation and it was ok, but nothing spectacular in my opinion. I too found it slid off, even with a Mac finishing powder applied. I've also tried Benefit's Play Sticks and they leave you with an even, dewy complexion and when used with their Erase Paste, leaves you with a flawless finish BUT it is very creamy and may be prone to slide off as a result. L'Oréal's True Match Minerals foundation powder is very good if you're looking for a cheaper option BUT I - like someone else has already said, also vote for Bare Escentuals mineral foundation. It comes in powder form but you just put a light layer on, buff it with a kabuki brush as you go, building up light layers 'til you have your desired coverage. It's staying power is fabulous (I have combination skin myself), it goes on as powder but has a dewy finish, gives good coverage and is very lightweight. It also has spf and as it's made from natural minerals, it's good for your skin! I sound like a sales representative for them but really, I've tried every foundation from every brand on the market, both mid market and high end brands and the foundation I always come back to is the bare escentuals one xxx
  • SLBry6024
    SLBry6024 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    AVON products (make-up and face lotion) are the best I found.
    youcan go to avon.com and check them out.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I have been using Dr. Haushcka translucent foundation for a while now and I love it! It goes on nice and smooth and blends really well, (make sure you put it on first, if it's over top of certain lotions it won't stay on) It has a strong smell that you have to get used to but it's not a bad smell. It's all natural ingredients, and it lasts for a good while, I can have one bottle for 4-5 months, becuase you don't need a lot of it, and then I finish with Smashbox powder foundation. Both together very light and doesn't look like i'm wearing pounds of makeup.
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Sheer Cover! It's a moneral powder foundation that comes with a cream concealer and it is awesome! It covers a multitude of sins but doens't make your skin look or feel overloaded. I have super greasy skin to and it's wonderful stuff. :)

It also comes in a range of shades that you mix to get the perfect shade for you. If you can afford it, it's definitely worth splashing out and it lasts ages. I don't use it any more, simply because of a change in circumstances that means I can't justify paying out every month, but I still really miss it and as soon as my finances allow, I will go straight back to using it immediately! :)
  • minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options
    I love Bare Minerals! Great coverage, and it doesn't look like you are wearing make up!

THIS:smile:
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Find yourself a good Avon Rep. I can tell you that they have wonderful and reasonably priced products that are very comparable to expensive department store items. They have a great line of mineral products and calming products for that oily skin. I also agree with some of the posters........less is better:)
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I agree with the person who said to try to avoid foundation. I have tried so many I did like the look of Nars sheer glow the most, Mac Studio Select liquid as well, but I am now focused on improving my skin instead.

1. Eating more fruit and veggies, less unhealthy foods
    2. Drinking more water
    3. Working out
    4. Using only-under eye concealer when going to work (must do due to super dark circles that make me look like I didn't sleep or got punched), eye lash curler (love it!), tinted lip balm (burts bee's in fig), blotting paper, getting eyebrows threaded.
    5. Purpose face wash, clinique dramtically different moistorizing gel, witch hazel toner. Alpha hydroy acid every other night.

My skin looks and feels much better than ever.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Drink water, eat well, exercise regularly, clean and exfoliate and properly moisturize your skin, and skip the foundation.
  • abencase
    abencase Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The best liquid foundation i have found for my oily skin is Acne Solutions by Clinique. I dont have a problem with Acne but because it has salicylic acid it in it keeps the skin dry. As a finisher/re-toucher (for these humid days in the south) I top it off with Stay-Matte Powder also Clinique. Some days I use an oil control primer as well.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I love Bare Minerals! Great coverage, and it doesn't look like you are wearing make up!

This! It is so natural!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I like Bare Minerals when I wear anything at all. It's powder, so it is really lightweight, which may help it stay on your skin. Also, I went to their store, and the help was fantastic! They matched everything to my skin tone.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options

I started using Bare Minerals a few years ago and have never had any desire to go back to anything else. (*makes a difference, though, to use the Mineral Veil also. I find it's worth it.)
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    make sure you are using a moisturizer daily. I know that sounds dumb when you already have oily skin, but not using a good moisturizer can actually be making the oil worse. Also and oil free toner after washing.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Do you use a primer? Should completely negate the oily skin / sliding off problem, especially if you use one formulated for oily skin (Smashbox is good - particularly the light version - and also oil free, Mac also have a decent range).

This! I LOVE Smashbox! I use their Anti-Shine, Photo Finish primer and Studio Skin foundation. My skin has never looked better!
  • kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I use BB cream which has foundation in it it's a great light cream which evens skin tone, redness, blemishes etc. It's great. I tend to use that in the day time. If I go out I wear boots brand of No.7 foundation a lovely light foundation again and really evens my skin out nicely :smile:
    Another vote for BB cream here, I use Garnier though nearly every make-up range has one now. For special occasions, Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser is possibly the best in the biz, as is the Bare Minerals powder that's got a lot of support here.
    Another vote for BB cream- that stuff is awesome! I just use it, and a bit of bronzer on top and I'm good to go!
  • jacque1129
    jacque1129 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    for oily skin i would definitely go for a powder it helps soak up the oils on your face (: i dont use foundation but that's just what i know from friends and such.
  • AshlyRamos
    AshlyRamos Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Maybelline Superstay 24 Hour or Revlon Colorstay are the only two that won't budge on my face, as far as drugstore foundations, and I have very oily skin. If the coverage is a little too heavy, because they are more more of a medium coverage, you can apply them with a damp sponge.

I use Revlon Colorstay Foundation, Powder, Blush & Eyeliner!. I love them all!