Boob question...

Options

Replies

• kellylara93
    kellylara93 Posts: 228
    Options
    Im from Australia, so Im not really familiar with how your bra meausurements work.. aha :)
  • kellylara93
    Options
    I was a 40 D when I started, when I got measured the other day I went up to a 36 DD!!!

I lost inches but my cup got bigger. That is with a 40 lb loss!!!! I have 40 more to go and I really hope they dont go any bigger!!!

Same here haha, hoping they don't get any bigger as I keep losing weight, or I might end up with some back issues.
    You lost over 50lbs, and you think carrying that much less weight overall, but possibly a little more on your chest will give you back problems?

Who knows?

Because before I was fat all over, and I was relatively evenly porportioned... now Im much smaller everywhere else...and bigger in the chest region..
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I was a 40 D when I started, when I got measured the other day I went up to a 36 DD!!!

I lost inches but my cup got bigger. That is with a 40 lb loss!!!! I have 40 more to go and I really hope they dont go any bigger!!!

Same here haha, hoping they don't get any bigger as I keep losing weight, or I might end up with some back issues.

Isn't there something about the way bra sizes are that when you go down in inches around you have to go up in the cup size?
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I feel your frustration. Although mine aren't getting bigger, they just aren't coming down like I hoped they would. I'm losing inches everywhere except my boobs and my calves . ???

I think the large girls make me look bigger all over and I'm tired of it. And running, jumping, etc. with them is a joke - even with a sports bra.

I think this is similar to the straight hair - curly hair dilemma us girls go through. We are just made to want what we don't have :ohwell:
  • kellylara93
    Options

Isn't there something about the way bra sizes are that when you go down in inches around you have to go up in the cup size?

Yes, I went from a 16DD, to a 14E, and am now a 14F..
  • kellylara93
    Options
    I feel your frustration. Although mine aren't getting bigger, they just aren't coming down like I hoped they would. I'm losing inches everywhere except my boobs and my calves . ???

I think the large girls make me look bigger all over and I'm tired of it. And running, jumping, etc. with them is a joke - even with a sports bra.

I think this is similar to the straight hair - curly hair dilemma us girls go through. We are just made to want what we don't have :ohwell:

I feel your pain on that one, almost need to strap them down just to go for a run.. aha
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    give me that problem anyday!!!
  • luvinlife58
    luvinlife58 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    For me My boobs are the last thing to shrink! I hate it. I was actually looking into surgury to reduce them but all Dr's said get at your ideal weight so then we can look at what size looks best on your body. Im hoping when I make my gal weight my boobs will have gotten smaller!!!!!!
  • manderann
    manderann Posts: 189
    Options
    Just because your cup size goes up, doesn't mean they're getting bigger. The cup size is a ratio of the band size to the fullest part of your breast. So, if your breasts stay the same, but your band size goes down with weight loss, your girls are still the same size, you just get a different letter because the ratio changed.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    You should sell ad space on your profile pics page, as I'm sure it's getting crazy hits now.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Could you have possibly been not wearing the right size before?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Me!
    Kinda.
    They haven't grown.
    But they haven't even changed a cup size! D: So friggen annoying... I'm still stuck in Large shirt sizes because of these damn knockers. If my boobs had gone down like the rest of me I wold be in Mediums! :(

ARGH same!

Its so frustrating because I WOULD be able to fit into smaller size clothes if my boobs weren't so big!

And im beginning to look out of porportion :(

Silly boobs :grumble:

I looked at your photos and you look proportional to me. You look lovely!

But the thing is, some of us (me included) have more mammary tissue than fat in our breasts and that doesn't go away with weight loss.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Mine grew an additional cup size, even after losing 73 lbs. Not questioning it, just going with it. Husband loves them, and the girls are a wonderful asset!
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    It might not even be that your breasts have grown...just that the rest of you has shrunk. Bra cup sizes are determined by the difference between your band size and the size of your, um, assets. So, if you were a 40-D before (38-40 inches around, with your boobs about four inches larger around than your band) and you only lost weight around where your band is supposed to be (ending with, say, a 34-36 inch band) and your breasts have only shrunk an inch around...you'd still have "gone up a size" even if your breasts are shrinking. Dig? Mine had that problem for a long time....I was a 38D when I started, and got down to a 36DD before the girls started shrinking slightly in proportion to the rest of me.
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    How did you get professionally fitted? Tape measure or by eye and fit?

If by tape measure, I come out as a 38B; by eye and fit I'm a 34E-F (UK sizes). So this could also be giving you a misleading size, especially if you hadn't been professionally fitted before.

Also, there are places that appreciate you may have norks and a waist - Pepperberry/Bravissimo in the UK are Fabulous for this.

I'm with you on the awkwardness of pneumatic tits. Blouses are just ridiculous as they can be busting out over the bust but stupidly saggy round the waist.

Don't complain; learn how to flaunt it.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Relish and be happy you have them. Men are :)
  • kellylara93
    Options
    None of my pictures on here are me wearing a normal bra, they are all just sports bra pictures, they look a bit different in a regualr bra haha
  • Fockertots
    Fockertots Posts: 221
    Options
    So I have lost 25kgs approx (55lbs), and at my largest I was very 'blessed' in the chest as my mother said. I assumed that when I lost weight my chest would be th first thing to disappear...however this was in no way the case.

My boobs have gotten bigger! I don't understand? The rest of me has shrunk and incredible amount, but my chest has grown, I have even had to go out and buy new bras because my other ones are too SMALL.. :noway:

Its getting a little annoying, because people keep asking me if they are fake because they are starting look out of porportion to the rest of me... :explode:

Has anyone else had this happen to them??

I have. In high school I lost 30 pounds one spring, in various sports, and gained a cup size. I assumed it was all a part of being that age and my body doing what it needed to anyway. Fast forward 8 years and only in the last year, have I ever seen a decrease in my boobs. LUCKILY, with this 50-60 I've lost, I finally went down from a 40G to a 38F and I'm hoping it keeps going.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    None of my pictures on here are me wearing a normal bra, they are all just sports bra pictures, they look a bit different in a regualr bra haha

Yeah, but you had some where you were wearing clothes.
  • shirerose
    shirerose Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i looked at your pictures and you really don't look disproportionate at all! you look awesome. i say this in the nicest way possible: stop complaining! :) you're beautiful.