Boob question...

Options

Replies

• bergsangel
    bergsangel Posts: 131
    Options
    Lots of good answers regarding when band size goes down, cup size goes up. I am a 32 DD, but commonly wear a 34D because they are more readily available. When I was preggo, my band size went down even further (I guess because it was all so tight stretched to accomodate other areas). I then had to special order a 30 G.

Mine are fake and having had both the deflated boobs from mursing and weight loss 3X and these suckers, I can def share that you do always want what you don't have. Naked, I prefer me now. But in clothes? I prefer the old ones :)
  • Ceffy
    Ceffy Posts: 235
    Options
    Has anyone else had this happen to them??

*wave*

Me!!! I've gone up between 1 & 2 cup sizes - even though I've lost nearly 3 1/2 stone!
    I think its cause its gradual loss, and the exercise is boosting my hormones.

Before when ever I've lost I've lost weight rapidly (a stone in a few weeks) and that's always meant a cup size down... but not this time... Mr Ceffy is very happy :blushing:
  • juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Just because your cup size goes up, doesn't mean they're getting bigger. The cup size is a ratio of the band size to the fullest part of your breast. So, if your breasts stay the same, but your band size goes down with weight loss, your girls are still the same size, you just get a different letter because the ratio changed.

Agreed. I went from a 38DD to a 34DD and as I got within 15 lbs. (6.5-7kilos) I finally went down to a 2 cup sizes.
    We measure band (under your chest) as the number and the cup size (your band measurement subtracted from cup)
    The cup sizes go AAA, AA, A, B, C, D, DD, DDD.... etc.
    I am 40 inch cup and 34 inch band now so am 34DDD- hard to wear T-shirts.
  • Ceffy
    Ceffy Posts: 235
    Options
    Blouses are just ridiculous as they can be busting out over the bust but stupidly saggy round the waist.

With you on this!!!
    I virtually have to eliminate blouses from my wardrobe, I end up with boobs bursting out yet material flapping around my waist loose!
    I stick to other slinkier options now :)
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya, too. Before when I weighed anywhere from 104-190, I was always a DD, only the band size changed. I'm only down 37 lbs and I just bought new bra's - 36G!!! I'm only 5'1" so I sure hope they don't get any fuller/bigger!
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Mine seem to be getting fuller too which is a bit annoying :grumble:

The things is the "girls" aren't getting any bigger, you are losing weight on your back and sides which is make the band size go down. The result is well...... you know..... at least that is my theory of what is happening.
  • kellylara93
    kellylara93 Posts: 228
    Options
    Mine seem to be getting fuller too which is a bit annoying :grumble:

The things is the "girls" aren't getting any bigger, you are losing weight on your back and sides which is make the band size go down. The result is well...... you know..... at least that is my theory of what is happening.

That's what I was thinking aha.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I was a 40 D when I started, when I got measured the other day I went up to a 36 DD!!!

I lost inches but my cup got bigger. That is with a 40 lb loss!!!! I have 40 more to go and I really hope they dont go any bigger!!!

Your boobs didn't get bigger, they actually got smaller. A 38DD is the same size as a 40D, but the band is smaller. So a 36DD, has a smaller band and smaller boob pockets than a 38DD.

I started out as a 38D. I'm now a 32DDD or a 32F. So, for me, my boobs stayed the same and my band shrunk 6 inches.

I hope that makes you feel a little better...
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Proof that there is a god
  • Kristinapedia
    Kristinapedia Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Mine NEVER GOT BIGGER when I gained the 50lbs over the 14 years. NEVER!! The only time they got bigger was when I was pregnant! They were at least "perky" before I had my son, then they DEFLATED! I kid you not! They're sagging more than they EVER DID! My son is 10 years old. I was 20lbs overweight when I got pg. Gained 32 lbs, adn didn't lose the 32 until last year. They're STILL the same damn size! I wear a "B" bra when I SHOULD be wearing an A. I will GLADLY take your "problems" off your hands!

(ps--the reason I started wearing a "B" was because I didn't want my stomach to be bigger than my chest, because I was getting sick and tired of asking when I was due, as I carry most of my weight in my middle--and it's genetic, mom, aunt and grandma are the same way!) Right now I still look "top-heavy" simply because of the weight still in my stomach.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhhhhh
  • kellylara93
    Options
    Anyone know how Australian measurements work...I don't really understand the other ones... :O
  • miss_september
    Options
    Geez I wish i had that problem! Mine were small to begin with ... the rate im going i'll be a training bra by the time im 34...:) But in your case I would probably say they are not getting bigger they are just lifting which makes them seem like they are bigger. You may not have realized they 'sagged' a bit before you got started. If you're that uncomfortable there is always reduction procedures. I know Im contemplating implants once i get to my goal weight (for personal confidence purposes)

I went and got professionally fitted and they went up a whole cup size, its ridiculous.

I always thought I would be looking at getting implants when I got to my goal weight too, for the same reason..but apparently my body has other ideas..

Actually, the general rule is that if you drop a band size, you go up a cup size, unless your boobs are actually shrinking. Some women's boobs actually get smaller/bigger, but some stay the same, but since you are losing weight everywhere else, you have to go up a cup size. The cup size is proportional to the band size. So, while they may seem to be getting bigger because of your new bra size, it is more likely you just haven't lost weight there.
  • kellylara93
    Options
    Geez I wish i had that problem! Mine were small to begin with ... the rate im going i'll be a training bra by the time im 34...:) But in your case I would probably say they are not getting bigger they are just lifting which makes them seem like they are bigger. You may not have realized they 'sagged' a bit before you got started. If you're that uncomfortable there is always reduction procedures. I know Im contemplating implants once i get to my goal weight (for personal confidence purposes)

I went and got professionally fitted and they went up a whole cup size, its ridiculous.

I always thought I would be looking at getting implants when I got to my goal weight too, for the same reason..but apparently my body has other ideas..

Actually, the general rule is that if you drop a band size, you go up a cup size, unless your boobs are actually shrinking. Some women's boobs actually get smaller/bigger, but some stay the same, but since you are losing weight everywhere else, you have to go up a cup size. The cup size is proportional to the band size. So, while they may seem to be getting bigger because of your new bra size, it is more likely you just haven't lost weight there.

In Australian measurements I went from a 16DD to a 14E and then to a 14F...
  • kellylara93
    Options
    And also, I think my band needs to go down a size too, so will that mean a 12FF??
  • kellylara93
    Options
    I think Australian band sizes go:

6, 8, 10, 12, 14 ,16, 18 etc..

and Cup sizes go

A, B, C, D, DD, E, F, FF..
  • SuzyLy
    SuzyLy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, no.
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    Wish I had your problem! Lend me some then :P I'm an Australian 10A or 12A
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    #firstworldproblems
  • kellylara93
    Options
    #firstworldproblems
    This is MFP, not Twitter?
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Anyone know how Australian measurements work...I don't really understand the other ones... :O
    You're in the Southern Hemisphere? Well, that explains it. Like the toilets swirling in the opposite direction, you should expect your boobs to grow rather than shrink.

Hence, the line from the national anthem: "Our land abounds in nature’s gifts; Of beauty rich and rare." :bigsmile: