Boob question...

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    #firstworldproblems
    This is MFP, not Twitter?

Don't you know that if you're not starving to death or running from warlords, you aren't allowed to be annoyed by anything?
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Do you work out? It might be that the muscles underneath the breasts have firmed wich makes them appear perkier. The rise in them might change the shape and cup of your bra. I say lucky! I want to be more endowed...
  • tomhancock
    tomhancock Posts: 100 Member
    #firstworldproblems

He was pointing out that you have a problem, that only a very lucky person has to worry about. It is like someone who won the lottery upset at all the trouble they have to go through to collect the hundred million, or us Americans complaining our pizza crust is too chewy, when people half the world over are starving. Exaggerations but you get the idea.

My advice, do some extra strength building for your lower back and thank God for your good genes! Just one man's opinion! ;)
  • bmuff
    bmuff Posts: 64
    I know I hate mine too, I have lost 34 lbs since Feb. 1, and I know my band size went down 2"-BUT thery are still too big, and I keep thinking, are they ever going to get smaller? I think it makes my clothes look disgusting on me. Tops don't fit right at top and then they are too big at the waist. I cannot stress how much I hate them-I have said that forever that I wish they would shrink!!lol! I just hope that I can eventually lose weight in them with my continued weight loss because it doesnt look like I have lost as much as I have-thanks to BIG problem-lol!
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    #firstworldproblems

He was pointing out that you have a problem, that only a very lucky person has to worry about. It is like someone who won the lottery upset at all the trouble they have to go through to collect the hundred million, or us Americans complaining our pizza crust is too chewy, when people half the world over are starving. Exaggerations but you get the idea.

My advice, do some extra strength building for your lower back and thank God for your good genes! Just one man's opinion! ;)

Chewy pizza crust is the worst.
  • nikrit84
    nikrit84 Posts: 44 Member
    pssshhhh...I wish! I lost my weight...and it seems that is the only place the weight has come off!!
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 476 Member
    I wish I had your problem... mine are always the first to go and I am rather fond of my girls. Sigh. :mad:

^^^^ Totally agree w/ this post. It's a real bummer. :grumble:
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Before I lost weight I was wearing a 38C. Then I got measured at Victoria's Secret about a month ago and was told I'm a 34DD. How did I lose weight and go from a C to a DD???
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    It's because 1) you were blessed to have your breast size be due to mammary tissue, not fat like some of us and
    2) they got "bigger" cuz you have strengthened your chest and back muscles, which lifts them up and can make them firmer/fuller.

o, and with bras when you drop band size you go up in cup to compensate the change in ratio.
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    I have lost 35 lbs and I am still wearing the same size bras, so I understand your frustration. A friend of mine who lost a lot of weight said that one day she woke up and her girls were gone - overnight. I have been waiting for that to happen to me. At the moment, I am still a 38C. I like them, but I wish they were more proportional. I also suspect that they are contributing to my high body fat %.
  • berniemay
    berniemay Posts: 78 Member
    Ah the grass is always greener! :b

Mine are disappearing like it was a Black Friday sale!
    Same here!
  • hersheythecat
    hersheythecat Posts: 117 Member
    Okay ladies... this is coming from someone that has to deal with boobs her whole life. Someone said they went from a 40D to a 36DD. Well that means you actually shrank. A 36DD is equal to a 38D in cup size. So a 38D would be equal to a 40C if only your ribcage shrunk.

What you are probably experiencing is ribcage getting smaller which causes your bras to change but the actual boobage isn't shrinking as much as your ribcage.

So for me, I was a 44DD, now I'm fitting into a 42DDD because my ribcage size has shrunk buy my boobs have not.
  • Well, they haven't actually grown. The cup size is actually the difference between the measurement under your breast and the actual breast. So if the first measurement gets smaller, but your breast stays the same, you need a bigger cup. That's the reason some of you "magically" gain cup sizes ;)
  • When you go down in band sizes you go up in cup sizes. So it sounds like you're not actually getting bigger, you're just staying the same in your breasts while your band size is going down.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Yeah, I've lost 50 pounds and my chest hasn't changed that much. I lost a little but I lost soo much more in my waist that my boobs look bigger. I'm still wearing the same bras, but we'll see how long that lasts. I kinda can't wait until I reach my goal and then I can go bra shopping. I have gone down in band size so I'm happy about that. I'd like my boobs to stay the same size but in turn would want them to look in proportion to the rest of me, lol. Good luck though!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Me me me!!! It's not usually that the breast has grown but if it doesn't shrink and your rib cage (band size) does then the same cup size on a smaller band will be too small.

If band/rib cage size goes down but breasts don't lose then you need a bigger cup size.

I went from a 40 DDD to a 38 F!!! So I (literally) feel your pain!!!
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Just because your cup size goes up, doesn't mean they're getting bigger. The cup size is a ratio of the band size to the fullest part of your breast. So, if your breasts stay the same, but your band size goes down with weight loss, your girls are still the same size, you just get a different letter because the ratio changed.

ITA with this. Look at your prifile pic and you will notice that your breasts are not bigger, but there is most likely a larger difference in how much bigger the measurement around your breasts is compared to the measurement around your ribcage.
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Mine haven't gotten bigger but they haven't shrunk with my 23lb weight loss. The way bras are measured, is the cup is the band size plus number of inches the bust adds(an 32 A would be a 32 inch band and 33 inch bust, 34 DD is 34 inch band and 39 inch bust). So I have been wearing a 34DD, but when I took my measurements, I technically would be a 29J (which is the same bust size as 34DD). I have never heard of such a size, so I will continue to wear my 34DD's although they don't fit very well.

This is not entirely correct. When figuring out the band size you are supposed to add a certain number of inches to your actual measurement. Here is a link...

http://www.herroom.com/bra-fitting-advice,901,30.html
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    As the others explained they may not have actually grown, it may be just that's the rest of you is shrinking ;)

Plus, if given the choice between tiny boobs or huge ones, most women (and all men :) will choose the huge boobs, so try to be positive about it ;) I'm dreading mine disappearing when I loose weight, I only "got" them after I got pregnant with my first baby
  • 77chantelle
    77chantelle Posts: 112 Member
    When you go down a bra size your cup size will increase a size while keeping the same amount of breast tissue. Example: 34dd is the same amount of breast tissue as a 36d. The 34 just has a smaller rib cage or less back fat. In highschool I was a 32dd, after I gain weight every where, but my breast,I am now 34d. So cograts you lost some back fat and kept your breast, something pear bodies want