Sweet, filling, and not a lot of calories?

13»

Replies

• jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/

^^^^^^ THIS WEBSITE. Tons of low calorie, healthy dessert recipes. They're all vegan, and she has lots of other "free from" recipes as well.

I am IN LOVE WITH this website :) It's so fun, and Katie is such a sweetie! <333
  • StacieHof
    StacieHof Posts: 97 Member
    Save a treat for one meal a week and have what you crave, if you continue to deprive yourself you will only cause a obsession with that food. After that once a week meal get back to your normal eating.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Green & Black's 85% cocoa dark chocolate. I like to eat 6 squares (about 130 calories) with some peanut butter, but it's good on its own and dark chocolate is an appetite suppressant).

And my favorite evening snack/dessert is a smoothie:

1 cup blueberries
    1/2 cup each blackberries and raspberries
    1 banana
    1T Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams
    Ice
    A dollop of light whipped cream

I buy the berries frozen so they last.
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    1 cup frozen raspberries
    1 cup 1% fat buttermilk
    sweetener to taste

Toss in food processor, blend thoroughly, delicious. :love:

It comes in at about 160 kcal and it's the next best thing to ice cream. If you want more fiber, add 2 tbsp of psyllium husks (at 40 kcal).
  • DarinGettingFitNow
    DarinGettingFitNow Posts: 424 Member
    My secret weapon, when I don't have time to throw something together - the Fiber One Brownies. 90 calories, and a fiber to fill you up. It *does* have sugar in it - but the calorie count is right!
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    I have a MFP friend that has lost 66 pounds since Jan 2012 and yesterday she posted the recipe listed below

***YUMMY SNACK ALERT*** RED VELVET CUPCAKES...using only 3 ingredients: Duncan Hines Red Velvet cake mix, sprite zero & lite whipped cream. I've made soda cakes before to reduce the cals...but this was my favorite. Mix the cake mix with 12 ounces of the soda, pour into cupcake tins {helps with portion control} bake for 20-25 minutes on 350 degrees. The moment it comes out of the oven top the warm cupcake with a tablespoon of whipped cream straight from the freezer. YUM! Depending on the amount of cupcake mix you put in each tin...the cupcakes are pretty low in cals...mine came to only 130 cals for one with the whipped cream on top! :-)

Also, look up cake mix with diet soda. I believe those are the only two ingredients.

*** I posted this! ... LOVE my friends on here, such great supporters :smile:
  • goblynn
    goblynn Posts: 148 Member
    GoalSixPack showed me this..

Freeze a banana

Then blend the banana with 1/2 cup almond milk and a pack of splenda. Tastes like banana soft server ice-cream. :)
  • becca_21
    becca_21 Posts: 100 Member
    Bump!
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/

^^^^^^ THIS WEBSITE. Tons of low calorie, healthy dessert recipes. They're all vegan, and she has lots of other "free from" recipes as well.

I'll second this site, some brilliant ideas
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    lol @ dried fruit. Most dried fruit has a ridiculous amount of sugar. I'm not against sugar (I eat plenty) but it's not a particularly good low calorie option because of the sugar density.

lol @ clif bars. Worst bars ever next to the lar bars (or are they called lara bars?).

Most fruits can be quite dense but they are a suitable replacement, especially low calorie ones. I skip bananas unless I'm bulking because they aren't particularly filling and can pack a lot of calories. If I'm going to eat a lot of calories, I'll just eat my chocolate bar.

My go-to outside of actual chocolate is berries, namely strawberries. I had 170g of strawberries for only around 54 calories. Raspberries are more dense than strawberries (170g comes out to 109 calories) but they carry a **** ton more fibre (14g fibre vs 3g for strawberries). Blackberries are in the same boat as raspberries and blueberries are meh. I like to stick to strawberries. More for less and they're mighty delicious.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    A cup of sugar free or fat free pudding with 1/2 serving of Rice Krispies. Delicious. The pudding makes the cereal pop. I love it.
  • finchase
    finchase Posts: 174
    I'm very fond of the Fiber One 90 calorie brownies. I especially like the ones with peanut butter in them since I happen to believe that chocolate and peanut butter together are one of the greatest things in the world (Care to guess what my absolute favorite candy is?) I'm not sure how filling they are, but they are very good, and low enough in calories that I can have one nearly every night for dessert.

I also eat a lot of fruit and find them to satisfy most of my sweet tooth cravings.
  • zombiefarmboy
    zombiefarmboy Posts: 221 Member
    I've also found that a bowl of Kellogg's Smart Start with skim milk it really good, too. It has a great crunch and awesome sweetness without adding anything to it... although, adding sliced strawberries is a nice touch, too.
  • Squeeee
    Squeeee Posts: 71
    I have a MFP friend that has lost 66 pounds since Jan 2012 and yesterday she posted the recipe listed below

***YUMMY SNACK ALERT*** RED VELVET CUPCAKES...using only 3 ingredients: Duncan Hines Red Velvet cake mix, sprite zero & lite whipped cream. I've made soda cakes before to reduce the cals...but this was my favorite. Mix the cake mix with 12 ounces of the soda, pour into cupcake tins {helps with portion control} bake for 20-25 minutes on 350 degrees. The moment it comes out of the oven top the warm cupcake with a tablespoon of whipped cream straight from the freezer. YUM! Depending on the amount of cupcake mix you put in each tin...the cupcakes are pretty low in cals...mine came to only 130 cals for one with the whipped cream on top! :-)

Also, look up cake mix with diet soda. I believe those are the only two ingredients.

That sounds amazing. :flowerforyou: