I will never look good in a bikini.

Options

Replies

• amy12321
    amy12321 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    aloe vera, bio oil, and lemon juice can help with stretch marks. But don't worry too much about them, everybody's got them. I have them and I used to feel self conscious about them, but they're just a part of life.
  • kritik
    kritik Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    S
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Time, some TLC and some vitamin E, water and maybe even some cocoa butter. I promise, everything will be okay! They will fade and trust me, they're not as bad as you think they are. You're gorgeous... you can ROCK some skimpy (or skanky, whatever you're into!) bikinis, lingerie, or just go NAKED!!!

Honestly, you're beautiful and have a LOT to be proud of. Own it! Don't be scared!!
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Not only do I have stretch marks, but I also have 2 huge scars on my stomach, one from a C section and one from a cyst removal, the literally form a T, one reaches from bellybutton to panty line and the other goes straight across me hip to hip...

I thought after having my daughter that I would also never wear a bikini again, but you know what? WHEN i hit my goal weight, that is the FIRST thing I am going to buy myself, a sexy bikini from Victoria's secret like Ive wanted for YEARS!!!

Its your life, and life is short, so own it and smile because you are beautiful just the way you are,
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!! FYI .... we don't care about stretch marks. We're easy to please. boobs, booty and your willingness to share those with us pretty much BLINDS us to those little details.

-men
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Once you stop caring about what other people think of you, you'll enjoy life more. There are far more worse people wearing things they shouldn't.

Wear it.

Absolutely!!

^^^^^
    Yep!!! Rock it girl!!!! You can do it!!! :)
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Who cares! I look like I got attacked by a baby lion. I ROCK bikini's. Zero f***s given!

I bet you look a lot better than you think. My stomach will never be perfect, but it's mine. And I have two super cute, awesome kids to show for my stomach not being perfect. I honestly don't care... I feel comfortable in a bikini, and people might think I need to cover my marks, but nah. What good it that going to do for my tan?! :flowerforyou:

Totally agree! who cares!!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Yeah you will. Let me tell you, if you look around you, you will see that a great deal of women rock bikinis with stretch marks and loose skin and bellys and all those other things that make us unjustifiably self concious. Live life without fear of persecution based solely on physical appearance, and you will enjoy things much much much more.
  • kritik
    kritik Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You'll be able to rock a bikini, you know why? Because you're showing that you've earned your stripes!

Now, lose those last 25 pounds at your own pace and enjoy the journey. :drinker:

^THIS is awesome!!!! I totally agree!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    They will fade eventually & not be as noticeable...Get some vitamin E & cocoa butter to put on them. Also get a body wash with vitamin E & cocoa butter in it.
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Ur a mama whos earned her stripes. Be proud of ur accomplishments and flaunt em ;)
  • ilovesparkle
    ilovesparkle Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    The only thing stopping you from looking good in a bikini is YOU. If you have confidence, then you will automatically look good!

I'm 80 pounds overweight (although I don't hold it like I am) and still wear a two piece. Granted I'm not as comfortable as I could be when I lose the weight, but I still go out there and handle it.

My weight caused me to have ridiculous stretch marks. They lighten over time, I put cocoa butter on them, and when I am tan, they are less noticeable.

I don't know if it's been said in previous posts, but every woman, if they choose to have a child, will have stretch marks! No one will judge you because of this. Women are the more "judgmental" sex, so if they have them, then so can you!
  • QuirkyPanda
    QuirkyPanda Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Who cares! I look like I got attacked by a baby lion. I ROCK bikini's. Zero f***s given!

I bet you look a lot better than you think. My stomach will never be perfect, but it's mine. And I have two super cute, awesome kids to show for my stomach not being perfect. I honestly don't care... I feel comfortable in a bikini, and people might think I need to cover my marks, but nah. What good it that going to do for my tan?! :flowerforyou:

This chica has the perfect attitude! Confidence is sexy. In all honesty, I have never noticed stretch marks on another person in my life. We tend to see our own flaws, while others may not even notice. Wear that bikini with pride, girl! I know I will this summer -- imperfections and all. :)
  • debzeeU2
    debzeeU2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    honestly, you need to gain your self confidence back. What is attractive is NOT what you wear but how you wear it- It's all about the attitude. If you are really worried about what others think...then If you think you are rockin' the bikini- others will think you are as well.
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Us both..
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    I haven't even had a baby yet and i've got the worst stretch marks you can imagine... :[

us both
  • shantellking1
    Options
    I am in that same boat right along with you but I'm 40 pounds away from my goal.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I love all the responses on this thread.

MFP, you are truly the greatest support system anyone could ask for!
  • JRC47
    JRC47 Posts: 16
    Options
    Wish MFP would add a "Like" button...cause seriously...every single response deserves a HUGE LIKE!, if anyone ever asks you, just tell em, these are "nature tattoos" I wear them with PRIDE!...
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    My body shape will never allow me to be in a bikini, my tummy is "bigger" under the belly button and it's sorta in two halves. It's a weird shape and I hate it.. but it's always going to be that way.. even if it is one day flat. I'd take stretch marks over this shape any day :/.

I agree with you chica! My situation is getting worse--- the more i lose the more the flab under my bellybutton deflates and gets worse! I know a tummy tuck would help but then i have a horrific scar! sooo at the end of the day im screwed either way!
    I have the same problem. I am also about 20 pounds away from my goal weight and most of that is I am trying to get my stomach to flatten. I am so proud of what I have accomplished already. My stomach is just my issue right now. That is why I haven't been concentrating so much on cardio, now I am doing a lot more strength training trying to shrink it. I have lost 1 inch off my waist in last 3 weeks. So, it must be helping. But it is still flabby.