What is the best thing about losing weight for you?

Options

Replies

• LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Yesterday my 11 year old told me I was "more fun now". So I take that as complimentary I guess. hehe

Kids are so honest, I love it. My 7 year old told me she prefers 'exercise Mummy' to 'sofa Mummy'
  • loriduarte
    loriduarte Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    throwing all my clothes in the dryer and not worrying about them shrinking!

And sometimes throwing them in the dryer hoping that they might shrink a little since now they're too big! :happy:
  • aliciandoug
    Options
    Getting off some of my diabetes medicine! Hopefully one day I will be off of it for good. Everyone on my moms side of the family has diabetes and they act like it is nothing. They all eat like crap and just take more insulin and then complain that they "don't feel well." I was diagnosed with diabetes when I was 22 years old. Growing up around a family that all had it and didn't care, didn't teach me anything except to be the same as them. I'm going on 28 now and I realized that I don't want to be like them and I don't have to. In Feb I joined the gym and started caring. I realized that I can't rely on other people to show me how to live. I have to do it for myself. I have lost 25lbs and still going. I'm off 1 medication out of the 3 that I'm on for it. In 1 month my numbers had gone down dramatically. I have a check up appointment next month and I'm hoping for more good news!

I would also like to find this "energy" stuff that everyone keeps talking about. I'm still always tired but I keep on going.
  • kasarin
    kasarin Posts: 82
    Options
    Bedroom stamina
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I would say being able to see my manh.... Just Kidding:laugh:
    Seriously,
    1) being able to go out and play with my kids and not get tired after 2 minutes and needing to sit and towel myself off.
    2)being able to run more than 30 seconds without feeling like I'm going to die
    3)seeing the length of belt that I pull through my belt loop that I have had from the beginning of my weight loss reach around to almost the middle of my back from the middle of my front.
    4)needing to pull my belt out as far as I do because if I don't my pants will drop.:laugh:
  • alaska11
    alaska11 Posts: 151
    Options
    Like several others have said - more confidence, more energy, etc. Love that I can buy clothes in the regular section not the plus size. The BEST part is when my grandson says "Run MaeMae run!" I can actually run and chase him without stopping 2 seconds later feeling like I'm going to die!
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm really shallow ... 1) seeing myself naked and likit what i see and 2) not having to shop in the fat-girl-store (fitting into "L"s and sometimes "M"s is amazing after a lifetime of "does it come in XXL?? oh damn"
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Finding my calling in life, more confidence, actively turning around depression with exercise.
  • LondonEliza
    Options
    Getting off some of my diabetes medicine! Hopefully one day I will be off of it for good. Everyone on my moms side of the family has diabetes and they act like it is nothing. They all eat like crap and just take more insulin and then complain that they "don't feel well." I was diagnosed with diabetes when I was 22 years old. Growing up around a family that all had it and didn't care, didn't teach me anything except to be the same as them. I'm going on 28 now and I realized that I don't want to be like them and I don't have to. In Feb I joined the gym and started caring. I realized that I can't rely on other people to show me how to live. I have to do it for myself. I have lost 25lbs and still going. I'm off 1 medication out of the 3 that I'm on for it. In 1 month my numbers had gone down dramatically. I have a check up appointment next month and I'm hoping for more good news!

I would also like to find this "energy" stuff that everyone keeps talking about. I'm still always tired but I keep on going.

The "energy stuff" (love that name!) came for me about 2 months after starting eating good stuff everyday and exercising everyday.
    (Yes, my diary has beer and nachos in it for tonight but I've earned them! :)

However, I have had periods in my life where I was super-fit and I've always been told that it is easier for people who were once fit to get back to that stage again so not to give up once you have started.

If you have never been really fit, it may take longer but DO NOT GIVE UP, ok. A random stranger on the internet has told you not to give up so you are not allowed to now, OK!?! :):) The energy stuff is coming and with every bit of exercise you do, YOU bring yourself nearer to it. (Yay you!)

25lbs is a brilliant loss - 3 more lbs and you will have lost 2 stone!! That is fabulous. Also, as others on this thread have attested time and again, one of their best things was coming off the meds after weight loss. I am sure that will happen for you too.

xx
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options

By the way, i LOVE your answer. You have a hard road but you have taken the BEST attitude. I'm totally cheering for you! I'm insulin resistant so sadly i'll never go off my meds completely but i am on the lowest dosage possible because of my weight-loss. Keep fighting for your best life possible, it's so worth it!!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    For me, I'm happy in general. When I exercise, I feel it's an achievement afterwards. Looking better, feeling better, self-esteem and confidence happy. A massive increase in energy and sleeping much better at nights and of course buying smaller sized clothes.

I could go on and on about this but you get the jist :D

I agree about the exercise. The fact that I actually enjoy it. Sure, I have missed some workouts or skipped it for whatever reason but I do feel bad when it happens, physically and mentally. I am like, hmmmm my body would have loved it had I worked out today! Plus I swear when I am done I get the best high. A "you did it!" feeling high.

My sleep and general routine has improved sooooo much as well. I can actually stick to a schedule and it no longer feels rigid or impossible.
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    3 Things for Me:

- Better Looks
    - Feel Much Better/Health
    - Confidence

It has changed my life.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Feeling like I'm worthy of having the gorgeous hubby I have!!
    Wearing a size 12 pants (I was a very tight 16)
    Wearing a siz 10 Fit 4 pants from Target (low waist, curvy fit).
    My resting heart rate is 66!!! I was in the mid 80s before!!!
    Completing the C25K program and knowing I can "run" for 30 minutes or more at a time (I may be slow but it's running to me!!!)
    Having the energy to play with my kids outside
    I'm still getting used to it but people saying I'm an inspiration.....I've never been an inspiration to anyone!!!
    Finally feeling that I'm not just the fat sister and that I may actually be pretty!!
  • MarthasVineyard
    MarthasVineyard Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Where do I begin? No more heartburn or insomnia. I can walk up the stairs at work and still hold a conversation. I've reconnected with one of my oldest and dearest friends. We try to walk together at least once a week. She's one of my biggest cheerleaders. More energy. My 11 year old son is calling me skinny. Believe me, I am far from skinny! My husband's compliments on how hard I am working.

Couldn't find anything to wear to work today. Found an old pair of pants in the back of my closet. Haven't worn for 5 years. Thinking "I can't eve button these." Guess who wore said pants to work today?! Motivation!
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I feel better in my own body and it shows.
  • karenp40
    karenp40 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For me, its a sense of feeling in control. The quote that states, "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" is something i yearn to know.
  • traceyjayne64
    traceyjayne64 Posts: 262
    Options
    Being able to open the wardrobe and know that whatever i decide to wear, its something ive bought cos i like it and not cos its baggy and its gonna fit me the way it should :smile:
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Catching my husband of 19 years checking out the "goods"! Best part so far! :drinker:
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Just feeling normal.

That is, not feeling like the fat girl in the room and the fat friend. If a guy likes me, not wondering "Why? Is there something wrong with him? I'm fat!" Choosing what I want to wear based on what I want to wear, not what I look the least fat in, and not having to put on 5 outfits every morning before I find something I feel reasonably non-whale-like in.

Thanks for helping me remind myself.

Don't want to go back there.
  • LondonEliza
    Options
    For me, its a sense of feeling in control. The quote that states, "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" is something i yearn to know.

Hmmm..... that's a quote anorexics use to motivate themselves not to eat, isn't it? It also is attributed to Kate Moss, NOT someone I would rush to for eating advice. (Drugs, ciggies and vodka are things I prefer to keep out of my diet - LOL :) However, if it works for you and you are making sensible eating and exercise choices, great.

I say 'Nothing tastes as good as exercise cals feel' :):drinker: