strange how many people have a house guest named TOM...

Replies

• Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Because it affects our weight loss or gain and affects our mood and how we feel physically and makes it that much harder to work out.
  • PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    I always ignore any posts that have the acronym TOM in it...

Yet you ended up reading this.... :)
  • XxYeaIrocxX
    XxYeaIrocxX Posts: 224 Member
    **MODERATOR REMOVED IMAGE AS INAPPROPRIATE**

deal with it. :heart:

That is so obscenely gross it's funny! :laugh:

I was thinking the same thing lol
    At first I was like....oook girl reading a book, then scrolled down and wowie. I think she sat in some ketchup :wink:
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Just wait until after menopause...then all the talk will be about how often one poops or doesn't poop..:noway:

I'm a nurse, used to take care of geriatric patients..I swear this will happen.
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Ok, so I'm dumb and kept thinking what the hell, everyone has a friend named TOM in town for the week??

Seriously!? I'm all about sharing and helping motivate each other and I know that tom affects weight loss at that point in time, but who the hell really wants to know that this is your week for tom to visit!!! I for one DON'T want to know!

You're so right. I also find that the best way to get people to stop mentioning something is to make a topic about it. Way to go!

For the record, Tom's visiting me next week.

damnit so close to syncing up my just ended this week . just glaad some of my bloating is over with .
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Men have wet dreams, doesn't mean I want to hear about it. I agree. TOM is TMI. When I get my period, I dont go telling the world. By the way guys, I've gained 2 lbs in 2 days because I'm retaining water, and my ovaries are about to produce an egg.

Really? I don't think any one cares about my body that much except for me.

Edit: ha ha ha, and yes, I realize I have just participated in this nonsense. I'll go shut up now...
  • rcc1988
    rcc1988 Posts: 125 Member
    Most TOM-related topics I've seen only discuss water weight and things like that. Nothing "gross", nothing obscene.

It's not like people are making topics going, "MAN, I PASSED THE HUGEST CLOT LAST NIGHT, HERE'S SOME PICTURES I TOOK AS EVIDENCE, LET'S COMPARE!"
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    so who here is craving chocolate ?!!!
    im thinking the OP is having TOM visit in my opinion
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Never bothered me, but then I have a daughter that is an OB/GYN. Heard it all through med school, residency and so on. It's life. It's natural.
  • Aunt Flow is in town! Haha
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Men have wet dreams, doesn't mean I want to hear about it. I agree. TOM is TMI. When I get my period, I dont go telling the world. By the way guys, I've gained 2 lbs in 2 days because I'm retaining water, and my ovaries are about to produce an egg.

And I repeat: If it bothers you, don't read the threads.
  • giselle9938
    giselle9938 Posts: 194 Member
    Girls have periods. You'll get over it.

lol!
  • tialeanne
    tialeanne Posts: 186 Member

Really? Maybe you should start a new site called MyFitnessForeverAlone.

Seriously people. Periods really really do effect your weight loss, your appetite, your mood, your motivation, and your physical ability. What's wrong with discussing it on a fitness site?
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Edit: ha ha ha, and yes, I realize I have just participated in this nonsense. I'll go shut up now...

Thanks
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Really? Maybe you should start a new site called MyFitnessForeverAlone.

Snorted milk on my screen. :
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Most TOM-related topics I've seen only discuss water weight and things like that. Nothing "gross", nothing obscene.

It's not like people are making topics going, "MAN, I PASSED THE HUGEST CLOT LAST NIGHT, HERE'S SOME PICTURES I TOOK AS EVIDENCE, LET'S COMPARE!"

^^^^^HIL.AR.IOUS.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    TOM is actually a drag queen. Her stage name is "Aunt Flo"

LMAO OMG this had me snorting at my desk with laughter
  • ambitious01
    ambitious01 Posts: 209 Member
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Well if we can comfortably talk about sensitive topics such as one night stands or sexuality then why not the simple normal thing such as TOM. Honestly when I was new to MFP I even didn't understand that because I'm not used to using initials & also that whole phrase is new to me. Geez we are all grown-ups here & not everyone can understand English perfectly & more so the American English so what's the big deal?
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    We talk about it because we're fat and cranky when TOM shows up.. and well misery loves company..:wink: