strange how many people have a house guest named TOM...

Options

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Seriously people. Periods really really do effect your weight loss, your appetite, your mood, your motivation, and your physical ability. What's wrong with discussing it on a fitness site?

I know... It's really not a big deal to say "I'm going through that time of the month". Maybe I'm missing something, but I've never read a thread where women discuss the gory details of their periods. It's something that we experience 25% of the time and it affects our appetite, water retention, motivation, and well being. If it doesn't, then you're lucky.
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't particularly want to know about it either, but sometimes I want or maybe even need to talk about it. I figure it's the same for other people. Kinda live and let live, you know?
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I call mine Fred and have all the ladies at work calling theirs Fred :)
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I always ignore any posts that have the acronym TOM in it...

Yet you ended up reading this.... :)

I never seen a Thread about it...I was referring to status posts....

Have a good one
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Aside from getting old from reading the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over.... it doesn't bother me.

I'm not a prude about my body much at all. It's normal. Every woman alive has had to deal with it. Every man who has ever had a woman in his life (mother, sister, daughter, friend, wife) has had to deal with it (maybe they should have been given warning so they could take on extra hours at work that week....). It's life.

I see threads all the time about "I pooped and lost x pounds?" I don't see a thread whining about that.... I just don't click on the poop threads because I don't like them.
  • gaelyngaelyn
    gaelyngaelyn Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I think the fact that people use the acronym IS to some degree being "polite" about it and not "all out in the open" like someone posted above... people tend to write TOM rather than "I'M ON MY PERIOD!!" (Which I personally still wouldn't see a problem with) but is still pretty courteous as far as digression goes. I mean really. Grow up. :P For some women, dealing with the emotional and physical effects every month CAN BE a huge challenge, making it difficult to stay on track with their fitness goals... and at least it is actually related to the human body... I would much rather read about ANY topic RELATED TO FITNESS AND HEALTH than some of the complete bologna posted up on here like- "should I leave my husband??" Good grief.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I'm dumb and kept thinking what the hell, everyone has a friend named TOM in town for the week??

Seriously!? I'm all about sharing and helping motivate each other and I know that tom affects weight loss at that point in time, but who the hell really wants to know that this is your week for tom to visit!!! I for one DON'T want to know!

Me neither. I NEVER EVER get why women even talk about it .. IT IS WHAT IT IS .. move on !
  • giselle9938
    giselle9938 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    How is this going to be a fitness and weightloss site without talking about TOM, bowel movements, Constipation, Sweat and a lot of other body functions that could affect your weight? we are all human beings, unless there is an alien here (who his poo smells like flowers and never sweat) trying to lose weight...
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I refer to it as riding the cotton pony, that way I can log it as cardio under horseback riding :laugh:
  • secretlobster
    Options
    I refer to it as riding the cotton pony, that way I can log it as cardio under horseback riding :laugh:

I love you
  • tialeanne
    tialeanne Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You know what topics I hate? "Hey guys, how do you like fat girls or skinny girls?"

Seriously? I'll read a period rant any day of the week, complete with pictorial evidence of heavy flow and clottage, over some insecure person trying to mold themselves into what other people want.

At the same time, I just don't read those threads. Viola, problem solved.
  • tialeanne
    Options

This made my day!
  • secretlobster
    Options
    My coworkers are standing right outside my office sharing birth stories, including details about their episiotomies. Want to trade places?
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    how the hell did i end up here

i'm scared. and alone. someone hold me.

Owns more shoes than any man should.
    Leaps miniature buildings in a single bound.
    Knows the difference between loose and lose.
    Can mix a filthy martini with his eyes closed.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I do have a permanent house guest called TOM!! - My bf (who I live with) is called Tom :smile:

Although, yes, when I first came to this site, I got confused too when people would mention "TOM" haha
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options

((((((hugs)))))
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Never bothered me one bit....perhaps it's time to grow some thicker skin if you're going to be surrounded by women....ever....and if not there's always all guy sites/places you can visit so you won't have to deal with this kind of thing again \m/
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

*strokes Tech's hair and whispers tender things*
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    **MODERATOR REMOVED IMAGE AS INAPPROPRIATE**

deal with it. :heart:

That is so obscenely gross it's funny! :laugh:

whuhahahahaha
  • tialeanne
    Options

You had me at, "Knows the difference between loose and lose." What's your ability level with their and there?