Nutella

Options

Replies

• ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    After a thread yesterday about how yummy Nutella is, I know my kids like it so I bought a jar to try it.

All I can say is it's one of the grossest things I have ever tasted. You have to be kidding me with that stuff.

I couldn't get that nasty taste out of my mouth. Yuk!

Crazy people. Phhhhfffttt!

I don't know you...and I already hate you

=)

(The smiley face means being offended is impossible)
  • minussam
    minussam Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    i believe its a cultural thing as well. sort of like the condensed milk thing

You could be right b/c I've been eating it since I was little, when I lived in Europe.

I grew up in Europe with Nutella in the house and never liked. I tried all kinds of different brands but I can't get the taste for it.
    And this even though I love chocolate.
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Also banned in my house. I could eat it out of the jar all day.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    It's nuts, chocolate and a lot of sugar. Might as well eat a candybar.
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a european household, so we always had it around when I was a kid. Now it is too sweet for me, but sometimes I'll splurge and have some in a crepe with strawberries. OMG! So good......
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I love Snikers, and Hershey's Cholcolate bars with Almonds. So, it's not the nut and chocolate thing. I think those two go well together. It's the nasty taste of Nutella. It is not nuts and chocolate. There's other stuff in there (sugar, palm oil, skim milk, reduced minerals whey, lecithn, vanillin) that make it taste like crap.
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I dislike it too.

nuts and chocolate so do not go together.

Yeah.. I can tell Peanut M&M's or Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are going to go out of business any day now ;o)
    DELICIOUS!!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Excuse me, I just remembered I need to run to Costco to get the industrial-sized jars of Nutella. Usually lasts me at least a week.

Be right back.
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I could take it or leave it, but it's quite yummy in a crepe with bananas.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    After a thread yesterday about how yummy Nutella is, I know my kids like it so I bought a jar to try it.

All I can say is it's one of the grossest things I have ever tasted. You have to be kidding me with that stuff.

Blasphemy! :tongue:
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    I am not really a fan either. I don't like peanut butter either. The texture I guess it was grosses me out the most. Thats the consistency I imagine my poo having. And really, its frustrating to have to use that much toilet paper.
  • kirstyg1980
    kirstyg1980 Posts: 302
    Options
    That stuff is worse than crack....so I keep it far far away from me.:laugh:

spot on!!!! ;p
  • neverstray
    Options
    Every keeps mentioning crack like it's a bad thing. It's cheap and lasts all day long. Crack rocks.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options

u gotta be outta your mind... i bet you dont like peanutbutter either.
  • neverstray
    Options

u gotta be outta your mind... i bet you dont like peanutbutter either.

Love peanut butter. In fact, I love it so much, I started making it myself and was trying to figure out how to market my own brand.
  • mtarika
    mtarika Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I loooove Nutella. It's absolutely delicious. I won't be eating any now though. I'll stick to my health snacks :)
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I only like it when it's smeared into a pie crust poptart.

Other than that? Meh. No thanks. Won't even lick the knife after making the 8 year old a sandwich.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    WHAT?!?!?!?! Nutella is seriously my weakness!!! I don't keep it in my home at all because I would probably finish a jar in one day haha. My sister always has it on hand because she has 3 kids and every time I'm over there I sneak some like I'm a crazy drug addict lol. It reminds me of the filling in Ferrero Rocher candies. I'm addicted to those too lol.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I've never tried nutella, but http://www.amazon.com/Peanut-Butter-Co-Chocolate-16-Ounce/dp/B001GQ3E3M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337562548&sr=8-1 is the most amazing food group in the world.

Yes, it is a food group!
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I've never tried Nutella before but I really want to!