Single People

Options

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I have little to nothing...wait, no...I have nothing to add that is positive lol.

I'm a single Dad as well (with custody), few friends left (being a single Dad doesn't leave a lot of time to maintain friendships really)...and online is really my only option for meeting people.

Again, not a lot positive to say to that lol.
    I'm so not into online dating...I want my guy "if he exist in this life" to meet me in person first..Falling for my online persona then rejecting me for my look in real life should not happen again to me..

I wish I had that option.

Its rare you find a guy that is a single dad. Congrats!!

Aww, thanks!

We're not as rare a breed as people believe, really. Maybe that's a myth perpetuated by the fact that whenever you see a guy in the grocery store, or anywhere else really...with kids, you assume he's married and his wife is at work or home.

I once went through the same checkout line, with the same incredibly cute checkout girl...for three months straight to get to know her. Every time, she'd smile and talk to my daughter (who was at the time 3yrs old). We'd joke a little, she'd tell me Cheyann was 'sooooo cute!!!', and 'she's lucky to have such a great Dad!!'. Finally I thought the time was right, so I said...'Hey, I've been thinking...maybe we could go catch a movie or dinner some night? You seem really great and I'd like to get to know you better.'

The look on her face was priceless. She sputtered about seven times, then popped off with 'I freakin' knew it! Look...I don't date married men, go find some bimbo who does!'

I just stood there dumbfounded. I then looked her straight in the face, held up my left hand with no ring and no ring mark, and said 'I'm not married, I've had custody of my daughter since she was 11mos old. Have a nice day.'

I didn't go through her line again, but two weeks later...she approached me in the produce section, apologized, and told me that she'd been talking with all of her friends that work there, and they'd all decided that I was 'that guy' that doesn't wear a ring so he can use his kid to pull women. Apparently, EVERY guy without a ring on, with a kid...is that guy. We did end up going out, and dated for a few months, at which point I found out that even though she lived in her OWN apartment (her mother and sister moved down from Washington with her 3wks after we started dating), had her OWN car, and a freaking ID that let her get into bars...she was only 17.

Yes, this dating story has a double punchline.

Anyway, her explanation also clarified why anytime I talk to ANY woman at a grocery store, they go gaga over my kids, then run whenever I try to talk to them about anything else.

I gave up loooong ago.
  • nray3119
    nray3119 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have little to nothing...wait, no...I have nothing to add that is positive lol.

I'm a single Dad as well (with custody), few friends left (being a single Dad doesn't leave a lot of time to maintain friendships really)...and online is really my only option for meeting people.

I'm so not into online dating...I want my guy "if he exist in this life" to meet me in person first..Falling for my online persona then rejecting me for my look in real life should not happen again to me..

Aww, thanks!

We're not as rare a breed as people believe, really. Maybe that's a myth perpetuated by the fact that whenever you see a guy in the grocery store, or anywhere else really...with kids, you assume he's married and his wife is at work or home.

I once went through the same checkout line, with the same incredibly cute checkout girl...for three months straight to get to know her. Every time, she'd smile and talk to my daughter (who was at the time 3yrs old). We'd joke a little, she'd tell me Cheyann was 'sooooo cute!!!', and 'she's lucky to have such a great Dad!!'. Finally I thought the time was right, so I said...'Hey, I've been thinking...maybe we could go catch a movie or dinner some night? You seem really great and I'd like to get to know you better.'

The look on her face was priceless. She sputtered about seven times, then popped off with 'I freakin' knew it! Look...I don't date married men, go find some bimbo who does!'

I just stood there dumbfounded. I then looked her straight in the face, held up my left hand with no ring and no ring mark, and said 'I'm not married, I've had custody of my daughter since she was 11mos old. Have a nice day.'

I didn't go through her line again, but two weeks later...she approached me in the produce section, apologized, and told me that she'd been talking with all of her friends that work there, and they'd all decided that I was 'that guy' that doesn't wear a ring so he can use his kid to pull women. Apparently, EVERY guy without a ring on, with a kid...is that guy. We did end up going out, and dated for a few months, at which point I found out that even though she lived in her OWN apartment (her mother and sister moved down from Washington with her 3wks after we started dating), had her OWN car, and a freaking ID that let her get into bars...she was only 17.

Anyway, her explanation also clarified why anytime I talk to ANY woman at a grocery store, they go gaga over my kids, then run whenever I try to talk to them about anything else.

I gave up loooong ago.

That stinks. My ex was a "single dad" but then I found out the kid lived with his Mom and he saw him about once a month. Ummmmm not quite the impression he first gave off lol.
  • whitetiger011680
    whitetiger011680 Posts: 218 Member
    Options

Aww, thanks!

I gave up loooong ago.

That stinks. My ex was a "single dad" but then I found out the kid lived with his Mom and he saw him about once a month. Ummmmm not quite the impression he first gave off lol.

My ex husband was a single father with custody when I met him. He hasn't been quite as good spending time with mine and his kids as he was his his other kids even though we're on good terms and don't live that far away from each other. Makes me sad for my kids.
  • kansasbelle
    kansasbelle Posts: 264 Member
    Options

Aww, thanks!

I gave up loooong ago.
  • kansasbelle
    kansasbelle Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    O not true the last two guy Iwent out with ahd kids. I wanted to date guys with kids because I misscarried 3 years ago and have no kids of my own. No guys my age want to have more kids, and the ones that heve them get terrified because they had horrible exes. So they fall in love and the freak out and run.....

Aww, thanks!

I gave up loooong ago.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Nobody has pubes anymore.
  • jadashute08
    jadashute08 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I prefer to meet people through friends or online. The last random guy I met in a bar told me he didn't work because he gets a crazy check. :noway:

:laugh:
  • jaric01
    jaric01 Posts: 132 Member
    Options

:drinker:
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options

LMAO!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I have been single for a over a year & have no idea where to meet men...My life is on here (MFP) & other than the grocery or hardware stores I am home with my 3yr old son....I am not into the bar scene anymore & on the weekends when I have a sitter I just try to get some 'ME' time but I would love to have some adult real life conversations if that is possible...I am hoping when my son starts Tee Ball or Soccer that I may meet some people during those....That would be nice...Also, I heard about this online site called www.meetup.com which gives you groups in your area for meeting people that you have things in common with...Not just a singles thing but socializing groups as well...Like walking, hiking, knitting (not for me), and clubbing, & singles dances, etc....I have checked out my area today & it might be something some other people might enjoy...Single or not!! Just thought I would share that.... :)
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options

Aww, thanks!

I gave up loooong ago.

you shouldn't give up :happy:
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Other spot you may want to try looking is Craigslist Casual Encounters. So many interesting people on there!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options

I know a lot of us. We are everywhere =P but he's right when you're a single dad you can't really do the things single guys do. And a lot of women aren't really into guys with kids either.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    This is step one of the girlfriend process. If you pass the questionaire a thourough background check will be conducted and previous boyfriends will be interviewed to gauge your relationship habits. You will also need 5 refrences and a full length photo of yourself..

37162_449358623852_516568852_5336583_3598225_n.jpg
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I wouldn't have the slightest idea how to find someone to date. Thing is, I don't look for anyone. If I'm out and about, I imagine clicking with someone and it just happens. I don't know...I haven't dated in years.

I am one of those single dads raising a teenage daughter. So we are out there.
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options

True story.
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Other spot you may want to try looking is Craigslist Casual Encounters. So many interesting people on there!

This... If you want the herp.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

I know a lot of us. We are everywhere =P but he's right when you're a single dad you can't really do the things single guys do. And a lot of women aren't really into guys with kids either.

As a single parent, regardless of gender, you can't do many of the things single people do. ALL of my friends have kids...it's hard to find time to do stuff with just the adults, let alone date. And when all of those friends are married too...no one wants to pick up guys when we do go out...ogle yes...take home, no. LOL :bigsmile:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Hook-ups seems to be the trend or norm which is NOT my style at all.

Definitely this. Don't mean to be a downer but I feel like it is the truth...
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Still obsessed Y/N? HAHA