Single People

Options

Replies

• 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Hook-ups seems to be the trend or norm which is NOT my style at all.

Definitely this. Don't mean to be a downer but I feel like it is the truth...
    Same here.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    So pretty much, single Dads are the elephant in the closet, nobody has pubes, online dating sucks, but can be successful...everyone would prefer to meet people naturally, but it rarely happens...and hookups are the norm, but most people aren't happy about it.

The other thing you'll need to remember, is that no matter what your gender, for some reason everyone from the OPPOSITE gender has a 70% chance of being crazy.

Unless they're physically attracted to me, then it's 97%.
  • L8Knight
    L8Knight Posts: 6
    Options
    Single for about a year, no idea on how to meet people. I hang out with the same group of friends and dating anyone of them would be more complicated and involved then I can handle right now. Anyone have any positive experience on an online site? getting desperate.
  • Mubb
    Mubb Posts: 90
    Options
    Gave up a few years ago. I guess that might explain the extra weight.
  • nray3119
    nray3119 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    LMAO You guys are so awesome! I don't get why your single.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Beware that texting adds a whole new dimension to dating.
  • crisanderson27
    Options

If you meant me...

:blushing:

It's because the right girl hasn't grabbed me by the scruff of my shirt and informed me I belong to her yet I suppose.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options

If you meant me...

It's because the right girl hasn't grabbed me by the scruff of my shirt and informed me I belong to her yet I suppose.

You belong to me. :wink:
  • TheLakeBeast
    Options
    college hoes love alcohol....and poppin' adderhol
  • crisanderson27
    Options

If you meant me...

Aww...thanks for humoring me...lol.
  • nray3119
    Options

If you meant me...

Awww you beat me to it!!
    See that was easy, you just had to ask. Ok, who wants me?
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options

If you meant me...

Aww...thanks for humoring me...lol.

Ooh, ouch. I think I just got burned.
  • crisanderson27
    Options

If you meant me...

Awww you beat me to it!!

Well, grabbing by the scruff implies physical contact lol. A higher rate of success is likely if she's about 5'2", and is wearing some kind of heels when she does it.
  • nray3119
    Options

If you meant me...

Awww you beat me to it!!

Well, grabbing by the scruff implies physical contact lol. A higher rate of success is likely if she's about 5'2", and is wearing some kind of heels when she does it.
    Missed me by 2 inches. I am 5'4", I do have some very nice heels though. Then I become 5'10 ish
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options

Aww, thanks!

We're not as rare a breed as people believe, really. Maybe that's a myth perpetuated by the fact that whenever you see a guy in the grocery store, or anywhere else really...with kids, you assume he's married and his wife is at work or home.

I once went through the same checkout line, with the same incredibly cute checkout girl...for three months straight to get to know her. Every time, she'd smile and talk to my daughter (who was at the time 3yrs old). We'd joke a little, she'd tell me Cheyann was 'sooooo cute!!!', and 'she's lucky to have such a great Dad!!'. Finally I thought the time was right, so I said...'Hey, I've been thinking...maybe we could go catch a movie or dinner some night? You seem really great and I'd like to get to know you better.'

The look on her face was priceless. She sputtered about seven times, then popped off with 'I freakin' knew it! Look...I don't date married men, go find some bimbo who does!'

I just stood there dumbfounded. I then looked her straight in the face, held up my left hand with no ring and no ring mark, and said 'I'm not married, I've had custody of my daughter since she was 11mos old. Have a nice day.'

I didn't go through her line again, but two weeks later...she approached me in the produce section, apologized, and told me that she'd been talking with all of her friends that work there, and they'd all decided that I was 'that guy' that doesn't wear a ring so he can use his kid to pull women. Apparently, EVERY guy without a ring on, with a kid...is that guy. We did end up going out, and dated for a few months, at which point I found out that even though she lived in her OWN apartment (her mother and sister moved down from Washington with her 3wks after we started dating), had her OWN car, and a freaking ID that let her get into bars...she was only 17.

Yes, this dating story has a double punchline.

Anyway, her explanation also clarified why anytime I talk to ANY woman at a grocery store, they go gaga over my kids, then run whenever I try to talk to them about anything else.

I gave up loooong ago.

That is so sad. I just wanted to point out that not every woman would jump to the wrong conclusions and act like a ***** in reaction to some flattering attention. I would LOVE to meet a great single dad and, if anything, I tend to assume all too often that people are single like me. I have been shut down by guys with wives or girlfriends so many times because it never occurred to me that they would be flirting with me but unavailable. I hear ya, but then again, you're SO meeting the wrong ladies! DO. NOT. GIVE. UP!
  • crisanderson27
    Options

If you meant me...

Awww you beat me to it!!

Missed me by 2 inches. I am 5'4", I do have some very nice heels though. Then I become 5'10 ish

2" isn't so bad lol, although 5'10"...is a bit of a stretch considering I'm 5'7 lol.
    That is so sad. I just wanted to point out that not every woman would jump to the wrong conclusions and act like a ***** in reaction to some flattering attention. I would LOVE to meet a great single dad and, if anything, I tend to assume all too often that people are single like me. I have been shut down by guys with wives or girlfriends so many times because it never occurred to me that they would be flirting with me but unavailable. I hear ya, but then again, you're SO meeting the wrong ladies! DO. NOT. GIVE. UP!

That's actually encouraging...thank you. Honestly though, it's not that I've given up on dating, or finding someone, I've just given up on looking. She'll either do as I mentioned above, and grab me by the scruff of my shirt...or I'll likely pass by oblivious to her interest, but thinking to myself how great it would be to meet that girl...

Sucks, but it's true lol.
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Dont give up guys. You are all soooo sweet. Single dads are sexy in my book.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I have been single for a over a year & have no idea where to meet men...My life is on here (MFP) & other than the grocery or hardware stores I am home with my 3yr old son....I am not into the bar scene anymore & on the weekends when I have a sitter I just try to get some 'ME' time but I would love to have some adult real life conversations if that is possible...I am hoping when my son starts Tee Ball or Soccer that I may meet some people during those....That would be nice...Also, I heard about this online site called www.meetup.com which gives you groups in your area for meeting people that you have things in common with...Not just a singles thing but socializing groups as well...Like walking, hiking, knitting (not for me), and clubbing, & singles dances, etc....I have checked out my area today & it might be something some other people might enjoy...Single or not!! Just thought I would share that.... :)

Autumn, meetup.com is awesome. I'm in a photography club on meetup and it's a great way to meet people and learn more about my hobby.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Dont give up guys. You are all soooo sweet. Single dads are sexy in my book.

Well...any time you want to talk...let me know. Little blue androgynous weeblo figures have always been my thing :).
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Oh baby. I knew that profile pic would work some day. Lol