Any hunters here?

Options

Replies

• ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    was in the stand before work today....having a miserable deer season....my roomate just shot a 160 inch buck alst week
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    22-250 + squirrel

nuff said
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Well, I still have not "pulled the trigger" so to speak.
    Time just keeps getting away from me.
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Be careful out there kids:

76E2DF65-E078-41A1-910D-24822E49A940-6693-00000C8BB792615C.jpg
  • Schmelvie
    Schmelvie Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Yep. It's opening of gun deer season this weekend in Wisconsin. Can't wait to get myself in the woods!
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    I have been hunting vampires since the 80's :smokin:
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Doing the treestand shuffle in the morning :)
  • montanadanni
    montanadanni Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am a hunter :) Born and raised in Montana and have been hunting since I was 12. I hunt with a .308 Savage accutrigger, short barrel tactical with a Viper Vortex scope. I reload my own ammo. I am a very very good shot, I can easily hit 600 yrds and have hit the 1000yrd mark on my 3rd try :)
    Got my moose (46 1/2in wide double brow tines, very heavy) at the age of 13 and shot him near Canada. Got my first elk at the age of 14 down by Yellowstone Park in Gardner.

My tags this year are already filled. I got my bull elk and muley buck already :) Now just waiting for more snow to hit the ground then I will be coyote hunting and maybe a wolf.

I live off of venison, I don't even know the last time I bought beef lol

Who said women can't hunt lol

I also fly fish:)
  • paddy1945
    paddy1945 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I stopped hunting when I came back from south east Asia, Reason why. They shot back.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Wanting to kill an animal...for 'fun'?

Sounds absolutely desperate.

I hunt for fun and for the meat that currently fills my freezer. It's not desperation, it is about being close to your food source and enjoying the outdoors.

Hunters have done more for the conservation of wildlife than PETA ever will.

I have mixed feelings about hunting. I do not understand the joy in it, but I would much rather have my meat come from a dear that lived free its entire life than from a factory farm.

And shame on the people who say they wouldn't eat meat if they had to kill it themselves. That animal was probably treated much more humanely than that beef from kroger. (Yes this is me judging. Feel free to judge me for judging you).

I do believe in eating meat, but I only buy meat that is locally grown and raised and all free range (Actually free range, not just that they have access to a window).

**stepping off soapbox now**

I hope everyone has a fun and SAFE season! Make sure to use as much as possible from the animals you get! :-)
  • keith0373
    Options
    I am a hunter :) Born and raised in Montana and have been hunting since I was 12. I hunt with a .308 Savage accutrigger, short barrel tactical with a Viper Vortex scope. I reload my own ammo. I am a very very good shot, I can easily hit 600 yrds and have hit the 1000yrd mark on my 3rd try :)
    Got my moose (46 1/2in wide double brow tines, very heavy) at the age of 13 and shot him near Canada. Got my first elk at the age of 14 down by Yellowstone Park in Gardner.

My tags this year are already filled. I got my bull elk and muley buck already :) Now just waiting for more snow to hit the ground then I will be coyote hunting and maybe a wolf.

I think I am in love . . .
  • montanadanni
    montanadanni Posts: 184 Member
    Options

I think I am in love . . .

lol *blush*
  • Coryd2012
    Coryd2012 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bow hunter i love it i am kinda new so i haven't got one with a bow yet but i will
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Definitely a hunter here....modern gun (deer) just opened last weekend here and I took my son out...this weekend is my weekend but, I also get a few weekends bowhunting as well. Have an arsenal of weapons to choose from since I own a pawn shop but, I always stick to my trusty Ruger .270
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    As a vegetarian, this is sad :(
  • Tricep_A_Tops
    Options
    As a meat eater just like nature intended, I could care less what your opinion is! Dont get me wrong, you are entitled to your own opinion but please start a thread about it etc.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Went out this last weekend came up empty. Drives me NUTS that when I kick up roosters I got my brush gun in hand and not my shotgun but then I spook out the deer with my shotgun in hand not a rifle!

GAH!

From now on I'll have my shotgun and my Glock on hip beings my states new laws allow for lower pistol caliber on deer.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Late archery start on the 21st. Need to put some meat in the freezer so shooting the first one the gives me a shot. : )
  • keith0373
    Options
    Went out this last weekend came up empty. Drives me NUTS that when I kick up roosters I got my brush gun in hand and not my shotgun but then I spook out the deer with my shotgun in hand not a rifle!

GAH!

From now on I'll have my shotgun and my Glock on hip beings my states new laws allow for lower pistol caliber on deer.

It as been the story of my season this year. I had the rifle once when i needed a shotgun and had the shotgun when I needed a rifle. I am going a similar route. I have a scoped .357 I'll carry with the shotgun. I live on a mountain and shots are rarely over 100 yards or so.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    As a carnivore, I find it sad when I see animals starving to death because of overpopulation.