Topics that make me want to pull out my hair

Options
12346»

Replies

• tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    You can't drink booze and achieve your goals!

Quite a number of my goals would never have been achieved without booze. I suppose it depends what your goals are.

:bigsmile:
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    For me, I despise the 'rate the person above you' threads......everyone on MFP is a 8 to 10......obviously only the beautiful people in the world gather at this site....obviously.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Its not a topic, but one thing that really annoys me is people logging sex as exercise...

Really? U just had sex for the exercise!? I think not! Its worse than logging 15 minutes of cooking or cleaning!!!
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    eating back exercise calories
    losing 6 lbs and posting do you see a difference pic
    Rants
  • Darkskinned88
    Options
    Its not a topic, but one thing that really annoys me is people logging sex as exercise...

Really? U just had sex for the exercise!? I think not! Its worse than logging 15 minutes of cooking or cleaning!!!

but i'm proud of my 3 minutes of sex lmao
  • Darkskinned88
    Options
    oh and rate the person above you threads....whats the point when everyone is so Ned Flanders-ish that they cant possibly rate lower than a 8
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Should I log [an obviously sedentary activity such as driving]?

These are the threads that i struggle to bite my exceedingly sarcastic tongue so as not to seem "unsupportive"... you know... like his/her family member/coworker/ childhood friend...

:smile:
  • callmecaptain
    Options
    For me, I despise the 'rate the person above you' threads......everyone on MFP is a 8 to 10......obviously only the beautiful people in the world gather at this site....obviously.

Yeah, I am on this site because I am not looking so good right now, and I am guessing most everyone else is also not happy with something about them selves so how are they getting 8s? Maybe our 1 - 10 rating system is flawed or I should start thinking I am as goodlooking as Salma Heyek. Again, where is the roll your eyes smiley????

I vote we all start one and rate everyone that gets on at 2 I don't care if they deserve a 5!!!! I mean they start these sites for people to get support and certain people always turn it into a negative thing!
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Considering the site is for people that want help to lose/gain weight topics should be geared to that... it's annoying when i come on to see if anyone responded to my topics or comment and the recent posts are bombarded with add a word drop a word kind of crap. and those rate the peron above you and the latest one was do you have a crush.... some of is really would like the help and support for their weight loss journey .
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    Eat More to Lose Weight

Doesn't that sound too good to be true?

If you're a serious athlete at peak fitness, with low body fat, doing grueling workouts day after day, I can see how you would want to keep up your calories, especially your protein. (You probably also have a very detailed understanding of your particular body's needs and nutrition.) How many of the people who keep asking whether they should eat more are in that category?
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Whats NSV / BMR / TDEE mean?

Show me your results on this certain programme, but you have to be my original weight and height.

Help calorie consumption/activity level (there are usually 5 topics of this on one page)

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON PEOPLE!!
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    "Men, which do you prefer...?" threads.

Who gives a *kitten*?!? What do YOU prefer, women? Think about that for once in your life...
  • tialeanne
    tialeanne Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    "I hate _______ threads" threads.

I would assume any thread you didn't like you could actively avoid by not clickity clacking.

There are several types of conversations that annoy me. I choose not to participate and let them be annoying without my involvement.

**edited to note that the above reply is in direct opposition to my stated stance.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    "Men, which do you prefer...?" threads.

Who gives a *kitten*?!? What do YOU prefer, women? Think about that for once in your life...

This, always!
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    People criticizing other posters for being rude when it's the former who are being uncivil. They don't seem to understand that resorting to nastiness is a sign of having a losing argument. If you aren't wiling to entertain other people's polite but skeptical responses to the (usually very silly) things you are saying what on earth are you doing creating a discussion thread?

Put it on your blog. Shut down the comment function.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    People criticizing other posters for being rude when it's the former who are being uncivil. They don't seem to understand that resorting to nastiness is a sign of having a losing argument. If you aren't wiling to entertain other people's polite but skeptical responses to the (usually very silly) things you are saying what on earth are you doing creating a discussion thread?

Put it on your blog. Shut down the comment function.

Amen!
  • Tamaralea88
    Tamaralea88 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    lol havent been here long enough, my friend just told me about this site...but I will get back to you on that