What are your Summer goals?

Options

Replies

• kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Abs

^^this - I'm pretty much at my goal weight, but I have absolutely no definition in any of my muscles. It's time to get fit and strong, not skinny!
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    To fit in all my jeans in my closet by end of September - except of course the ones that will be too big by then :)
  • Bogborn8791
    Bogborn8791 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would like to be under 200lbs by the end of the summer that would be great!!
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I wanna lose 30lbs by Sept. 16 my sons first birthday that way I'll at least be back to my pre baby weight.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I want to be 180 by the time the summer ends. I am at 189 now, I quit smoking and I am basically in Maintain mode.

I would like to gain muscle while continueing to lose. I know it will be a SLOW process, because I quit smoking and I am maintaining. But I am happy with 61 pounds down so far. So, slow and steady the rest of the way.
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I would like to buy a bathing suit. I haven't owned one in close to 10 years. I might even go as far as to wear it at the beach. Probably with shorts on top though :blushing:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    1. finding the right swimsuit before my boss' pool party in August ....... last year's suit is way too big !

2. jogging more than 3 minutes at a time on the treadmill .....

3. having fun ......

Here's to achieving all our goals !
  • shortstuff31117
    shortstuff31117 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'd love to lose 10lbs before I go to Vegas in July, even better would be wearing a bikini there :smile:
    Overall, By the end of the summer, I hope to have lost at least 15 more total lbs and have to buy new pants for winter!
  • niiilll
    niiilll Posts: 1
    Options
    Quit smoking finally.... be on a good nutritional and exercise regime.
  • shimewazaMan
    shimewazaMan Posts: 413
    Options
    Easy ... well easy to articulate anyway. Harder to actually accomplish! I just want to look good in a bathing suit! LOL
  • cassidyjd626
    cassidyjd626 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Lose a total of 50 lbs by July 20 (we are going on vacation and I want to look decent in the pictures!).
    I JUST cut out pop and fast food, as well as starting walking an hour every night a few days ago. I'll start the shred on June 1st and then another workout video on July 1st (any suggestions?!) so I think it's an attainable goal :happy:
  • shaunte92
    shaunte92 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I read every single goal! It's good to know I'm not the only one looking for improvement. For me...
    1) Be 145 by the beginning of July (about 7 pounds away)
    2) My birthday is june 11th, I pray to god I can get rid of some of this stubborn belly fat by then
    And this summer I'd like to wear
    * a bikini to the beach (i'll probably still have a cover up on)
    * crop tops
    * high waisted shorts
    * skintight tops
    ^ in other words, get my tummy in shape lol.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I want to increase my 5k time, increase my 100 dash time, increase the length of time I can jump rope, and do 10 regular pushups by the end of summer.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I would love to drop at least around 15 pounds before our trip to Disney World in September. I'd also like to have built up my stamina for all of the walking we'll be doing.

15 lbs would have me at my pre-pregnancy weight (first time since having the "baby" who will be nearly 3 in September)

25 would be even better. That would put me at my wedding weight, and I would be much more comfortable in my bathing suit.

Ultimately I need to lose another 30 or so.. but that's a long term kind of thing.
  • x_sotonguetied
    Options
    1. Get down to 160 lbs (15 lb loss) by August 24th
    2. Finish the 30 Day Shred!! I've started it countless times but never make it past 8 days so I am determined to do it!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be realistic, because my body is forcing me to be. I'm sick when it's hot. I think I might actually have asthma. My doctor gave me an inhaler when I was 16, but he didn't seem to take me seriously when I described my symptoms, so I never brought it up again.

OTC asthma medicine helps a little, but not enough. I'm light-headed and severely short of breath just from walking around. I'd be worried if I didn't know I was fine 30 pounds heavier and in much worse shape when it was cold. I was jogging, for crying out loud. Now I'm out of breath walking to the car. It's not congestion, either, I can breathe through my nose and I don't cough much. I just can't seem to get enough air this time of year.

Anyway, that's my tale of woe, and here is my goal: Keep my calories under 1500 and most days around 1200. Have one pig-out day every month. Going to designate it as any day between the 15th and the 20th, but only one day. If I don't feel like it, I won't even do that. I know I'm going to lose most of the muscle I've preserved by exercising, but at least if I can get another 40-50 pounds off by October, I can spend the month getting ready for my first 5K in November. It's not ideal, but it's going to have to do.

And then in a couple of years, I'm getting out of the Southeast, and I'll be done with this being sick for half the year nonsense!
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Lose a total of 50 lbs by July 20 (we are going on vacation and I want to look decent in the pictures!).
    I JUST cut out pop and fast food, as well as starting walking an hour every night a few days ago. I'll start the shred on June 1st and then another workout video on July 1st (any suggestions?!) so I think it's an attainable goal :happy:

If you haven't Ripped in 30 is a good one to try. A lil harder than 30ds but worth it.

Great goal guys! Very inspiring:flowerforyou:
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I would love to lose 20 pounds by the end of summer <3 Joining a gym this week to get myself started!
  • teresadutton
    teresadutton Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    By August 21, 2012 I would like to lose 35 pounds...which would put me at 165lbs ( 15 lbs away from goal)
  • autumnbottom8
    autumnbottom8 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I want to make it to onederland!! I'm at 214 right now, and that would mark the 75lb mark in my journey!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!