i bet more that 80% of people here are home wreckers

Options
124»

Replies

• vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    when I was 17 (many years ago), I had a party at my mother's house while she was away. 100 people in a tiny ranch house. a fight broke out and they landed on my mother's antique bed shattering the frame. with lots of wood glue and a few L brackets, I got it together. All was well until some kid at the party told his mother about it and she mentioned it to my mother. Seriously, who tells their mother they were at an underage drinking party??? Lost my car for a week on that one!
  • jozkny
    jozkny Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I broke an engraved crystal wine glass from my wedding. I cried and cried.... I should have taken it as an omen though because my marriage and my heart broke too. :( Maybe I will get satisfaction out of breaking the matching glass!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I am a clutz as the bruises on my shins proves. I break stuff, drop stuff, run into stuff, spill stuff...mine, yours, ours...i am an accident waiting to happen.
  • retriev00
    retriev00 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My little home wrecker is on my profile pic
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I cook so well, or I'd be a wife fail too....

I dyed half my husband's laundry a delicious pink colour.

I dyed half my daughter's summer clothes a mottled blue.

I dropped a $300 vase.

All of our coffee cups have been replaced. Twice.

Our 12 place setting dishes? Down to 6.

Also : four cell phones, two laptops, three lamps, the globe / lightbulb / fixture outside in 3 consecutive moves, the upstairs chandelier is tilting, I snagged a hole in our bamboo sheets, I had a nosebleed on my new $80 pillow ON THE FIRST NIGHT, and there is a dent in the wall I cannot explain.

#fail

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    This didn't happen to me, but....
    My oldest sister's husband is full-blooded Shoshone. For their 20th anniversary, his mother gave them an Indian wedding vase. My sister's kids were VERY out-of-control, undisciplined little monsters. One day, the youngest climbed onto the back of the couch and pulled the wedding vase off of the shelf. From there, it went directly to the hardwood floor, shattering into thousands of pieces. Oh, did I forget to mention that the wedding vase had been handed down thru the years, and was 300 years old? Yep. I was more heartbroken over it than my sis was. Her husband was furious, and said he wished his mom had never given it to them.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Be careful, you'll get people coming in here saying you shouldn't make jokes about home wreckers because their XYZ had an affair and they still feel the pain.
    lollll iam so miss understood

Don't think you are, you pretty much knew what you were thinking but disguised it as another topic ;)
  • fels123
    fels123 Posts: 44
    Options
    I broke 2 old nokias in less than a month. Record?
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    An ernie stuffed doll.

Yes, Ernie, from Sesame Street.

APPARENTLY when i was about 2 years old when my sister decided to give me her sacred Ernie. I, being 2 at the time, carelessly lost that Ernie while we were on a walk at some park. There is even a photo of us all at the park, my mom pushing me in a stroller WITH said Ernie doll and my sister standing beside us.

I am 28 now (my sister is 31) and I am STILL reminded to this day that I lost her Ernie. (my rebuttle being that she gave me that Ernie so technically it was mine to lose at that point) :smile:
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I broke my grandma's lamp, I felt so bad!

I also accidentally made out with someone's baby daddy and got mean phone calls. It's not my fault he lied!
  • fels123
    fels123 Posts: 44
    Options
    And I picked my camera purely based on how indestructible it is.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I confess I opened the thread with a preconceived notion it was going to be another one of those threads bashing the MFP members for flirting or making suggestive comments. The number of things I have broken over the years of being married, yipes. When we first got married we lived in my wife’s one bedroom EXTEMELY small old house {the yard had more square footage than the house}, she had inherited a lot of stuff so less room to move around for this big boy. Small list includes a Tiffany lamp; a door {it was stuck shut and I needed out } a hole in the wall from tripping over some loose carpet.
  • FitBarbie2986
    FitBarbie2986 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    WOW! :noway: that was brave of you!! i was like,oh no he didnt,and swore i was gonna come in here to a bunch of drama..PHEW! haha :ohwell:
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    We were taking our old bed apart and I was taking the side bar out of the room, my partners guitars were all lined up by the side of the room, I swung round with the part of the bed in my hands and I misjudged the length of it. As I swung round I heard an almighty crash!! I knocked 3 of his guitars over with the piece of bed, knocked some of the pickups out of one of them, broke a few strings on the other, the last one was lucky as it fell on the others...

I was in his bad books for quite a few hours after that until I bought him new strings and paid for the pick ups to be fixed... :tongue:
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I broke the teapot at a fancy mother daughter tea. I have lost 2 wedding rings, currently have a new one on layaway. My son accidentally threw away a personal vcr tape that had precious memories on it including video of my now deceased sister and dad (I woke up crying over that for literally months). I broke my daughter's cell phone when I took it away as punishment. I run into everything and constantly have bruises and scratches that I have no idea how I got. My husband threw our floating mouse ball through the computer monitor shattering it because he was tired of the pop ups.
    Things are always getting broken in our house, I would like to blame it all on the kids :) but it is not just them....
  • kimdarren
    kimdarren Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I thought you meant people who have affairs - I was ready to come on and give you an earful! :blushing:
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    After owning an £800 laptop for about a year I knocked it off the arm of a chair. It hit the corner of a table on the way down, fair to say the screen was fairly smashed. I never got it replaced because it was a touch screen and was going to cost £200 to replace, and 2 years later I've just bought a new laptop. Won't be leaving this one on the arm of a chair.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    In broke a antique water pitcher they had from in my great grandmother's days and boy was my dad pissed with me!
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 year old, I don't worry about things getting broken, because if it could be broken, it already has been. As for stubbing my toe, not worried about that nearly as much as stepping on legos :/